• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Super pumped for EVO. SUPER pumped.
DBiPDvIUMAAiVMT.jpg

DunpealD

Super pumped for EVO. SUPER pumped.

You know. I'll be SUPER pissed when nothing big gets announced and I don't consider revealing the rest of the seasons characters, nostalgia costumes, new stages, new costumes, reveal the rest of CPT pack a good announcement.
Not to forget, even if they are going to show an SSV update. We would still have to stick to season 2.5 until the end of the CPT.

With Arika showing off their "new game" at EVO, it's going to be one tough fight for Capcom.
There is also a chance that BN/ASW are announcing new stuff for DBFZ.

The competition for hype announcements at EVO is quite high.

Videad

Neo Member
Hi guys, remember Flowtron? the guy who leaked the names of the S2 characters back in October. Well, he posted some comments recently.

• that s3 character is half true lol. nice try capcom
  • Abigail so huge that ken only half his height
  • Sagat Sakura confirm already, just don't expect they play like they did in sfiv
  • yeah, however Oro, Viper, Necro and Q won't make it in S3.

https://www.eventhubs.com/profile/flowtron/comments/

Neoxon

Hi guys, remember Flowtron? the guy who leaked the names of the S2 characters back in October. Well, he posted some comments recently.

• Sagat Sakura confirm already, just don't expect they play like they did in sfiv

Someone mentioned it on GAF, already.

This is great news. Although I can go without Sakura other people seem to like her so that is good for the community. In order differentiate the shotos people are gonna be pissed at any changes. Besides Oro those other characters didn't do it for me.

Hopefully Sodom and Rose make the cut

Eh they've done pretty well changing up old styles. Juri not withstanding, but dudes like Bison and Akuma are way more fun than they've ever been.

If Abigail is that big it will open up a chance for some real wonky throw/grab animations.

This season they have done a great job of making each character pretty unique. I'm pretty hyped for the next 3 for that reason alone.

If they know the rest of the s3 characters why not leak them?

Maybe they're not all confirmed?

And if there actually is some Super Street Fighter 5 Fuckery, then maybe some characters are technically in-between seasons or something?

Luce I've be dabbling with Fang a little bit👀. What would you do to improve his V-trigger and vskill.

If you're serious killu4what, then here's a post I've made earlier on what I would change about FANG's poison.

The problem I have with the character isn't the fact that he's not viable. If you like playing an agressive F.A.N.G, then great because he's GREAT at it this season. Can get more damage off of CHs, his setups can be much more trickier and he's got nifty stuff.

The issue arises if you like playing a hit-and-run, defensive style which is what I like to do. In that circumstance, your damage is going to come from punishing your opponent's mistakes and then hanging back and letting the poison do damage for you. That poison is useless. With the fact that grey life doesn't regenerate while you're poisoned, it's literally forcing me to get in and keep hitting you even if you're blocking it. DEFENSIVE is not a style that Capcpom wants F.A.N.G to have. It's a style they don't want anyone to have.

If I was the one in charge of balancing F.A.N.G, then I'd make the changes I hypothesized back in the previous OT.

F.A.N.G
  • F.A.N.G now has 925 HP, down from 950 HP
  • St.hp is now -3 oB, down from -2 oB.
  • St.hp is now +2 oH, up from +1 oH.
  • His poison from specials now does 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.
  • Every time a poisoned move hits the target, the damage taken is increased by 75 and will do around 18 dmg/sec and so on and so on. Duration is NOT refreshed however.
  • V-skill now does 150 damage over 8 seconds or around 18 dmg/sec if poison state is caused by V-skill. If it hits an already poisoned opponent, poison is increased by 75 dmg, just like a special move. Duration is NOT refreshed.
  • V-Trigger can now be cancelled into from medium and heavy trap if connected on the first 3 active frames of the move.
  • V-Trigger now allows poison duration to also be refreshed on top of the damage increase.
  • V-Trigger no longer has a cloud of poison covering the character, but rather a "pulse" that happens every 5 seconds. The pulse is visually the same as the previous cloud and carries the same range. Each pulse is active for 0.75 seconds.
  • The V-Trigger pulse does not refresh or increase damage of the poison, it only starts it at 75 damage over 8 seconds or around 9 dmg/sec.
  • Health lost from the poison builds the appropriate V-Trigger/Special Meter.
Notice that the first thing I did was make his st.hp worse on block and took away 25 HP. I did that because I know full well that a character that can do so much damage over time has the potential to be devastating with the movement options he has. My idea was that if you got a hit in and did damage, then you can take the risk of backing off and let that DoT work, or stay in and try to get more damage off of it. There's more reasons to my proposed changes that I can get into if you want but again, talking about this character now is just making me even more pissed at the SFV balancing team.

Pompadour

You know. I'll be SUPER pissed when nothing big gets announced and I don't consider revealing the rest of the seasons characters, nostalgia costumes, new stages, new costumes, reveal the rest of CPT pack a good announcement.
Not to forget, even if they are going to show an SSV update. We would still have to stick to season 2.5 until the end of the CPT.

With Arika showing off their "new game" at EVO, it's going to be one tough fight for Capcom.

There is also a chance that BN/ASW are announcing new stuff for DBFZ.

The competition for hype announcements at EVO is quite high.

Lol

Sagat and Sakura play differently, hmm? Will I finally have my dream of charge Sakura come true? Will Sagat still have his fireballs? Will Sagat only have fireballs?

Abigail being twice the average character is a big deal. Ryu was only about a third shorter than Hugo in SFIV, so it looks like Capcom is going to really exaggerate Abby's height. I think my jumping theory might actually be correct...

Viper and Q being left out of S3 is really odd, especially the former. With the way she was teased in the base game and especially S1 DLC, you'd think she was a shoo-in, but i guess not.

Watch Abby be low tier because more combos work on him ala Alex :(
FTFY

There's a FANG combo where you do a microwalk after a successful st.hk and do jab xx jab. The second jab will hit meaty and combo into st.hp

so st.hk xx microwalk xx jab xx jab (meaty) xx st.hp

This is incredibly difficult to do and not something that's really worth perfecting as the risk/reward is really off considering how easy it is to drop.

But if you do that on good ol' Alex, you don't even need to microwalk just do st.hk xx jab xx jab(meaty) xx st.hp and it works.
Will I finally have my dream of charge Sakura come true??.
I never realized how amazing this would be until you said it.

Really don't understand why people think that Arika game looks nice. It's literally SFEX with chain combos and KI sparkles.
So... best game ever?

I'm gonna get real about this Arika game. This is coming from someone whose played a ton of Fighting Layer with friends, and obviously the EX series.

If it goes the route of a Kickstarter, it's going to bomb.
If it goes the route of any other developer sans maybe SNK or Capcom, it's going to bomb.
It it goes on their own dime, it's going to bomb.

How many people even know what a Fighting Layer is? Or even played it? That shit was JPN only unless you had a working arcade rom. As for EX, that's a series people played a little bit of but it wasn't big. People just like the characters.

FL itself wasn't a bad game, but it had pretty stupid things in it, and EX was broken as fuck (but hey, still fun).

This game is called Fighting EX Layer. The fact that people aren't even calling it by its official tentative title means most don't even know what the fuck that game is. When it was announced, everyone legit thought it was a new EX game. Some asked where the SF characters were at. This is a series that is unfortunately steeped in the Capcom's waters, even if FL wasn't their game (that was published by Namco, IIRC).

FTFY

There's a FANG combo where you do a microwalk after a successful st.hk and do jab xx jab. The second jab will hit meaty and combo into st.hp

so st.hk xx microwalk xx jab xx jab (meaty) xx st.hp

This is incredibly difficult to do and not something that's really worth perfecting as the risk/reward is really off considering how easy it is to drop.

But if you do that on good ol' Alex, you don't even need to microwalk just do st.hk xx jab xx jab(meaty) xx st.hp and it works.
I never realized how amazing this would be until you said it.

So... best game ever?

Aw damn. I'm gonna get FANG'd.

And SFEX's chain combos were fun when you had Excel. Without it, it was janky af.

So you're saying the only way to save it would be to put a few SF guest characters in it?

If we get Skullo, Garuda, and Hokuto in SFV in exchange, I'm on board.

Pompadour

Man, fuck S3 if Oro or Q aren't going to be in. This is why I was irritated that S2 was mostly new characters because there's still plenty of "no shit" inclusions like Sagat and Sakura we have to plow through until we get to characters I like.

That was one great thing about SF4. The game had so many characters they occasionally had to add a good one in because they already exhausted the SF2 roster by SSF4. The game had like 8 shotos by AE, of course Hugo was going to be in USF4.

They'd need that AND an excel system. The elemental stuff could make up for it but when most of the normals are too similar you need some juice.

John D said they'd license Ryu out on the cheap though.

Really don't understand why people think that Arika game looks nice. It's literally SFEX with chain combos and KI sparkles.

I mean.... i loved SFEX.
It had skullomania
Chain ex comboes
the world got destroyed by a meteor when you lvl 3 ex finished someone
Skullomania
5 team random select battle
You can chain ex comboes
Daruns mustache
The world blows up when you ex finish people.
Skullomania was in it.
chaining ex moves

I could go on.....

Skilletor

I mean.... i loved SFEX.
It had skullomania
Chain ex comboes
the world got destroyed by a meteor when you lvl 3 ex finished someone
Skullomania
5 team random select battle
You can chain ex comboes
Daruns mustache
The world blows up when you ex finish people.
Skullomania was in it.
chaining ex moves

I could go on.....

I love a lot of bad games.

I love a lot of bad games.

lol.

The truth is I have no fucking clue if SF EX was good. I just loved playing it as a teenager. Literally me and 1 friend played it all the time. No idea how the outside world played fighting games.

In our own little bubble it was the best.

If I played it now... I don't want to know to be honest. I like keeping my happy memories happy.

Skilletor

lol.

The truth is I have no fucking clue if SF EX was good. I just loved playing it as a teenager. Literally me and 1 friend played it all the time. No idea how the outside world played fighting games.

In our own little bubble it was the best.

If I played it now... I don't want to know to be honest. I like keeping my happy memories happy.

I played SFEX3 last night because I got some brooks PS4 to PS2 adapters. I LOVED SFEX1 and 2. But I don't think they're good games.

Movement, normals, jumps, combos are all the same for 90% of the cast. The only thing that gets different is the Excel system, but I hate custom combos, so that's a huge negative for me.

It does have one of my favorite characters of all time in Hokuto, so that's great, but...yeah, I think it's fun to play for 10 minutes or go through all the trials, but...I can't get over a fighting game, especially SF, where most of the characters have the same normal buttons.

I played SFEX3 last night because I got some brooks PS4 to PS2 adapters. I LOVED SFEX1 and 2. But I don't think they're good games.

Movement, normals, jumps, combos are all the same for 90% of the cast. The only thing that gets different is the Excel system, but I hate custom combos, so that's a huge negative for me.

It does have one of my favorite characters of all time in Hokuto, so that's great, but...yeah, I think it's fun to play for 10 minutes or go through all the trials, but...I can't get over a fighting game, especially SF, where most of the characters have the same normal buttons.

Im not sure i ever played ex 3. Just 1 and 2.

I do remember that we had this one friend who was so very bad at the game that let him be super garuda and he could pick who we were and would still never win. But it was mainly me and one friend that played it over and over.

I also didn't play fighting games in the way I do know where I actually learn how to play it properly. Back then it was learn everyones moves and comboes and go at it. Lights... who uses lights pah.

Top Bottom