• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mbpm1

Yet Bamco is getting a free pass despite the miserable state of Tekken 7 online on ps4 and last time i heard the last patch even broke the pc version online (not sure about it), not to mention their game launching barebone despite it being on arcade for 2 years and charging for added modes, horrible input lag...etc. Things like this make me not take the fgc and fighting game reviews seriously.
Pretty simple really. Even barebones tekken was better than barebones sfv a year out. And gameplay already is better than year 1.5 sfv. Things like lag, online are getting eased over bc bamco st least looks like it's doing things with patches whereas capcom sat on its assy launch for weeks and hasn't addressed some launch issues even now.

MrCarter

Pretty simple really. Even barebones tekken was better than barebones sfv a year out. And gameplay already is better than year 1.5 sfv. Things like lag, online are getting eased over bc bamco st least looks like it's doing things with patches whereas capcom sat on its assy launch for weeks and hasn't addressed some launch issues even now.

We all know why they got a free pass and that's because the narrative in some parts of the FGC says so. We can't have people shitting on Harada even though he gave silly false promises on Twitter about Input lag on PS4 yet it only turned out to be only 0.4 ms lower, also if I'm not mistaken, it took them a whole month to get a patch for Tekken 7 to improve online and still has a LOT of QoL stuff missing - all this after being released on Arcade for two years. I do agree with the lack of communication with Capcom though, it's bloody awful. Japan needs to fire their management team.

2004? That's generous.

I'd say the game hasn't changed a ton since Tekken 3.
I'd say T5 added enough from T3 to justify calling it a whole new game.

It's a shame they never expanded on T4's more 3D mechanics and instead went more 2D with T7. It's practically a 2D fighter with sidesteps now.

The average consumer doesn't care that Tekken spent time getting itself right. Before FR, it was a mess balance wise. It's like in Ultra state right now. Maybe SFV should have spent time in the arcades, I don't know, but I feel like people more forgiving about a long two year delay than, like, a horrible over-year product.

That isn't to say both shouldn't get shit. They absolutely should, given their context. And NB has been WAY better about communication and dealing with issues, even if they have a long way to go. But that's the reality, you know?

Edit: Two things.

CVS2 Bison was fairly fun to watch, I forgot about him.
And Tekken 4 def needs a reimaging or a patch one day. Won't happen, but still.

Kashiwaba

Two weeks after launch SFV online was functional and i can play games without much waiting despite the RQ issues and server errors...etc, but over one month since launch for every 1 hour of T7 playtime i only get to play 4 or 5 matches and that's in a good day, on the bad days i keep getting connection lost.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
OOh, yeah, CvS2 Bison.

I change my answer to that.

bison-cvs-smash.gif

I think they probably got the idea for psycho axe from PTF.

Pompadour

Yeah, but Tekken 7 was like year 2 Tekken 7 at launch.

Village

Cause no one plays him. Dude imo is sitting in the top 6, but there's not enough players giving him the exposure.

Basically, he's weird to play for some and his outfit isn't the best so I can see folks not being interested

Then again necalli gets played... and still gets under the radar... so it might be more to it than that

Time for Japan to start picking up American focused characters and vice versa.

Also, there are tons of skilled Japanese players sitting at home because traveling to CPT events is fucking difficult. They don't have the sponsorship money because it's still not a big thing there compared to US and EU. Like you see all these online tournaments or Japanese only focused ones and you see these killers, but they are stuck dead in Japan.

Nephtis

So I wanna come back to Street Fighter V and I was lookin at season passes

If i buy season 2 i won't get the contents of season 1 yes? So to get both seasons I pretty much have to buy the entire game all over? (Shelling out $50)

Man. What a turn off :(

If i buy season 2 i won't get the contents of season 1 yes? So to get both seasons I pretty much have to buy the entire game all over? (Shelling out $50)

Wait for a sale. The base game + s1 +s2 has gone for as low as $40, and I'm there are better deals to come, lol.

mbpm1

Also, there are tons of skilled Japanese players sitting at home because traveling to CPT events is fucking difficult. They don't have the sponsorship money because it's still not a big thing there compared to US and EU. Like you see all these online tournaments or Japanese only focused ones and you see these killers, but they are stuck dead in Japan.

that's how it's always been no

SephLuis

If you just buy the S2 DLC, then yes, you won't receive the S1 content.

However the $60 version contains both S1 and S2 season passes.

that's how it's always been no

Not really. Japan had the ability to go to the arcades and play, but they don't have that anymore. Back in the day, US and EU people had to travel, and old cats had money from their jobs but couldn't do that shit as often as now. Young dudes had it worse.

Now, sponsors will fly you all over the world to play, old or young. That helps out a shit ton since travel isn't cheap. That's more experience, straight up. The JPN area doesn't have that. They are stuck in Japan with no arcades to play in and no real way to foot the cost every time there's an event.

Their locals WERE the arcades, but now they don't have that shit to fall back on. Meanwhile US and EU get to eat their dinner.

Of course, this SHOULD mean that JPN needs to adapt, but I do feel for them in terms of travel when comparing it to bigger name players and upcoming stars.

Village

Of course, this SHOULD mean that JPN needs to adapt, but I do feel for them in terms of travel when comparing it to bigger name players and upcoming stars.

I feel like its larger than fighting games, from my understanding, esports for the most part, isn't much of a thing over there. So the idea of local sponsors doing that or them existing is less likely.

Not really. Japan had the ability to go to the arcades and play, but they don't have that anymore. Back in the day, US and EU people had to travel, and old cats had money from their jobs but couldn't do that shit as often as now. Young dudes had it worse.

Now, sponsors will fly you all over the world to play, old or young. That helps out a shit ton since travel isn't cheap. That's more experience, straight up. The JPN area doesn't have that. They are stuck in Japan with no arcades to play in and no real way to foot the cost every time there's an event.

Their locals WERE the arcades, but now they don't have that shit to fall back on. Meanwhile US and EU get to eat their dinner.

arent they getting an Arcade release with the big refresh? Rumors I know, but I thought it was leaked or something an Arcade version will come. I mean if Capcom really plan on making SF6 until 2020, it's never too late to keep adding on to the game.

I feel like its larger than fighting games, from my understanding, esports for the most part, isn't much of a thing over there. So the idea of local sponsors doing that or them existing is less likely.

Yeah, that's what I said before. Choco touched on this in her blog, too. Japan just doesn't see playing video games like the rest of the world, business wise.

arent they getting an Arcade release with the big refresh? Rumors I know, but I thought it was leaked or something an Arcade version will come. I mean if Capcom really plan on making SF6 until 2020, it's never too late to keep adding on to the game.

Probably at the end of the year, or maybe before that. The KOF cabs are pretty far along so I don't see why the SFV ones wouldn't be either.

Japan doesn't really have CPT tournaments either considering its skilled playerbase.

Top Bottom