• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

19961501_10155613926852147_207515119887917229_n.jpg

Mad Gear? No, no, no...it's an inFamous crossover. Abigail Walker/Fetch confirmed.

Kinda funny...her name is Abigail though.

It's on their twitter. I forgot to include the part where they said they'd announce some shit this weekend regardless in my first post. Stupid mobile.

Honestly if I don't have to sit through some panel to see a trailer or announcements that's perfect.

MrCarter

I know we'll get a Abigail reveal regardless but it's a shame we couldn't see more of Ono and the team at the panel. Hope their SDCC panel next makes up for it. Intrigued by these "several" announcements though.

We'll probably have to wait two extra days for Abigail's reveal now. He'll probably be revealed during top 8.

They won't have time. Like, probably literally. With ESPN2 putting them on a schedule they aren't going to set off a trailer right after. Especially having to alter things a few days before Top 8.

It's probably just going to drop online like it always was tomorrow during the panel's tim, but without people talking about it first.

Edit: So we are probably getting

New costumes (lel)
Abby
Mad Gear stage

Would love a new mode though.

Pompadour

They won't have time. Like, probably literally. With ESPN2 putting them on a schedule they aren't going to set off a trailer right after. Especially having to alter things a few days before Top 8.

It's probably just going to drop online like it always was tomorrow during the panel's tim, but without people talking about it first.

Edit: So we are probably getting

New costumes (lel)
Abby
Mad Gear stage

Would love a new mode though.

Didn't we get last year's CPT stage during the first day? That might be happening, as well.

Oh shit I forgot about SNK.

Yeah I don't know. If it's SNK, it's because a series of unfortunate events befell them. Undeserved yet beaten and battered, poor SNK had to limp home.

If it's Capcom, lmao SFV sucks.

Edit: Ohhh I forgot about the stage.

Waiting on that and the Guile costume to pick up the CPT pack. Otherwise I ain't fucking with it.

MrCarter

Oh shit I forgot about SNK.

Yeah I don't know. If it's SNK, it's because a series of unfortunate events befell them. Undeserved yet beaten and battered, poor SNK had to limp home.

If it's Capcom, lmao SFV sucks.

Edit: Ohhh I forgot about the stage.

Waiting on that and the Guile costume to pick up the CPT pack. Otherwise I ain't fucking with it.

I don't think half the people replying to that Twitter post know who SNK are or even knew there going to be a panel lol.

Same here. If I like the new CPT stage and costume, that will be the deciding factor in buying the CPT pack.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I mean it's hilarious but it's not that bad a thing either as long as all the same shit gets announced. A powerpoint presentation wasn't gonna make it more hype.

Zackat

Honestly, it's probably one of the smartest decisions Capcom has made in awhile. They were going to get flogged.

As long as the announcements are still happening, I'm fine with it.

haha, I didn't think about it that way. This will only add more fuel to the fire though unless they really start puttin out some stuff.

Neoxon

Honestly, it's probably one of the smartest decisions Capcom has made in awhile. They were going to get flogged.

As long as the announcements are still happening, I'm fine with it.
They're still gonna have to deal with it at SDCC, unless that SF panel also gets cancelled.

Pompadour

I mean it's hilarious but it's not that bad a thing either as long as all the same shit gets announced. A powerpoint presentation wasn't gonna make it more hype.

Yeah, if it was anything like last year a PowerPoint presentation talking about buffing bad characters and not nerfing good ones people were going to start hurling folding chairs.

I'm guessing the SFV dev team is having a come to Jesus moment because a lot of what they say they want out of the game is at odds with what the community says they want. I think a panel where they reiterate that they're going to continue making gradual progress in the same direction as before wouldn't go over well.

They're still gonna have to deal with it at SDCC, unless that SF panel also gets cancelled.

Again, I think the crowds will be a little different. Even including the people who are playing the game, Evo has a lot of pros who openly shit on the game and even more fans of said pros. San Diego Comic-Con is a big event with lots of different people so everyone who shows up to that panel aren't living and breathing Street Fighter.

Plus, Evo has fans of other games and it's very clear to me from just being on internet forums that your favorite game can't succeed unless SFV fails.

MrCarter

Both panels were scheduled for the same room. I'm guessing there's a logistical issue here.

Yeah I think it's more to do with this. I'm pretty sure a lot of people were expecting to go to the panel without any hidden agenda but due to logistics, it couldn't take place. Not sure where all this flogging stuff has come from as I'd like to think the FGC has at least some decorum (who am I kidding) when it comes to watching panels lol.

A neon Mad Gear stage at night is incredible. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a Metro City "Red Light District" type stage in FF or SF before. If the theme is a metal or synth cover of some FF theme by the guy who did Skies of Honor, I'll fucking tuna sub.

Btw did everybody forget how the trailers worked last year? They rapid fire everything right before SFV T8. Almost guaranteed to do the same this year.

Top Bottom