• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;243417243 said:
I think I'll be taking a break from playing fighting games, at least until Menat drops.
I've barely touched my backlog this year, despite there being tons of stuff I want to finish or at least try.

Let's hope Menat is soon then.

Snk didn't cancel

They did. Mr Wizard himself said so lol.

I just need to take things slower with fighting games. I feel like I rush in, miss some key fundies, and get bodied. Now I'm sticking to two characters per game, spending a segment of my time just learning one portion, and evolving. Most of all, I'm playing far more patiently than before.

It sucks because I love fighting games so much that I'm putting other games to the side, so I'll probably take a break every two days or something.

Also, the panel shitstorm is so dumb. Barely anyone gave a fuck about the panel, they just wanted the contents. So when Capcom cancelled, all these people suddenly cared, even though that shit wasn't going to be streamed. If the content is still coming, who gives a fuck? They even let us know about it and told us new announcements are on the way. That's the communication I want. And people reacted with memes and shit. Like, when Capcom does something right for once, let's go with it. Because if the community keeps being shitheads at every turn, the company is going to feel less inclined to care.

I bet most of this is exaggerated because of the internet, but jesus christ it's getting super old. Dump on them when the time is right. If you want them to get better, recognize the good shit.

To be fair, SNK got heat, but they didn't get a bunch of DBZ memes and left behind jokes lol

And the developer said otherwise

Whatever they have planned now is going to be a watered down version of what was planned before. I doubt they'll get the same amount of time.

But again, who really gives a shit? I understand you wanna use this time to communicate with them, but most people are in it for the announcements. Both companies are going to bring them (we already know SNK has DLC lined up). People get mad about the silliest shit.

jett

D-Member
When's Abigail, brehs?

WpR4D.gif

Why are people getting so heated over canceled panels? Odds are that's Evo's fault, not Cap or SNK's. People are so fucking petty that they can't accept a single schedule change that Capcom didn't even make. I understand being mad at how they're announcing characters, because that's honestly a screwed up schedule, but the panel was always up to the TO's descretion.

We're still getting those announcements anyway. I'd keep my eye on the Capcom blog today or tomorrow at noon to see if they just announce everything (other than Abigail) that way.

And the developer said otherwise
I'd trust the organizer of the event itself over the dev on this one.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the can't really announce anything during top 8 because it's on TV, right? That would be minutes of free ads, I doubt the networks would allow that.

MrCarter

Yet he said we would get adult Trunk demo at EVO. He's not perfect so he might make a mistake with SNK. A developer said they didn't so we don't know what happened.

I think this "developer" talk thing at ASW was always planned but the bigger panel dedicated to SNK was cancelled.

What are the odds of getting a ninja hideout stage with Zeku?

I think two Mad Gear stages might be pushing it.

Village

What are the odds of getting a ninja hideout stage with Zeku?

It wouldn't really make sense?

The , whatever the hell its called, that guy practices isn't like Ibuki or Geki where there is a like a ninja clain. Its Master to student and that's it, there isn't a need for a hide out, because for all we know there are only two people in the world that practice it.

Ryce

Like Kolin and Ed, I don't think Zeku will get a new stage. Menat will probably get a cool Egyptian stage, though. I'm personally hoping for a fortune teller barge that floats down the Nile, passing pyramids, statues, camels, and crocodiles in the background.

Village

The footlocker thing reminds me off a stage I want in all fighting games

Can we get a stage, where we are fighting in the middle of a filled football field

That would be like the tightest shit

Like Kolin and Ed, I don't think Zeku will get a new stage. Menat will probably get a cool Egyptian stage, though. I'm personally hoping for a fortune teller barge that floats down the Nile, passing pyramids, statues, camels, and crocodiles in the background.

Moving stage

Banned

I remember it just taking forever to find matches in KI. Netcode was great but the wait killed it for me. Im in UK so no idea if that had anything to do with it.

I guess the big three for online are SFV, IJ2 and T7 then. Just wondering if any others were out there.
Btw I can play with you sometimes on KI if you want. I play Orchid and RAAM, currently learning Thunder.

MrCarter

That would be dope.

Btw I can play with you sometimes on KI if you want. I play Orchid and RAAM, currently learning Thunder.

well... not only would you utterly destroy me lol, I stopped playing because I just wasnt really feeling it. The systems in that game didnt really suit me. Play it more as a notstalgia thing than anything else.

HardRojo

We know for sure that a new CPT stage is coming, but there's also rumors of a Mad Gear stage coming alongside Abigail (which makes sense given that Zeku is supposedly on the horizon, too).

Not 100% confirmed but the background behind Abigail's silhouette pretty much guarantees it:

19959343_10155613848937147_4012324598002733608_n.png.jpg

Oh, hopefully then. I got about 420k FM that needs to go somewhere, and it won't be story outfits.

Devid905

Sort of like this stage concept, but replace everything Italian with Egyptian:
hh0b3t8.jpg

Village

People were getting upset at the necro rumor getting deconfirmed.

Don't worry season 3, will have his girlfriend instead. In efforts to boost SFV's sales, Capcom has returned to their old tride and true statagy of just stealing comicbook/manga characters and making them street fighter characters

effie.jpg

Guaranteed to boost sales.

( even though she looked like that years before harleen did technically )

Neoxon

Oh, hopefully then. I got about 420k FM that needs to go somewhere, and it won't be story outfits.
The CPT stage is gonna require real money if it's anything like last year, so that only leaves the supposed Mad Gear stage that you can use Fight Money on.

Anyway, given that it's the 30th Anniversary, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a wave of Nostalgia Costumes for the existing characters (Alex & Ibuki included) announced either at EVO or SDCC. Hopefully they add the red marks on Alex's trapezius (since they'll probably let us remove his jacket).

Top Bottom