• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

A neon Mad Gear stage at night is incredible. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a Metro City "Red Light District" type stage in FF or SF before. If the theme is a metal or synth cover of some FF theme by the guy who did Skies of Honor, I'll fucking tuna sub.

Btw did everybody forget how the trailers worked last year? They rapid fire everything right before SFV T8. Almost guaranteed to do the same this year.

Yep. Most likely they will be using the same format this year too. I do think we will get a little gameplay tease for Abigail before hand like we did for both Kolin and Ed.

VariantX

Ocfk57x.png

Man y'all just had to be loud with the positivity here.

I literally just started laughing out loud like a madman.

Beil

Yeah I don't know. If it's SNK, it's because a series of unfortunate events befell them. Undeserved yet beaten and battered, poor SNK had to limp home.

I heard SNK were planning the most amazing panel possible, but were forced to cancel it by corrupt, evil EVO organisers.

I heard they fought desperately to hold it, offering everything they had for the sake of their beloved fans.

I heard they tried to hold it out in the streets, at a rally. I heard they offered to visit every fan's house, one-by-one to present to them individually.

Poor, noble, tragic SNK.

MrCarter

I heard SNK were planning the most amazing panel possible, but were forced to cancel it by corrupt, evil EVO organisers.

I heard they fought desperately to hold it, offering everything they had for the sake of their beloved fans.

I heard they tried to hold it out in the streets, at a rally. I heard they offered to visit every fan's house, one-by-one to present to them individually.

Poor, noble, tragic SNK.

4pd15to.gif

KingBroly

Banned
Ocfk57x.png

Man y'all just had to be loud with the positivity here.

I mean, are we even surprised at this point?

They've killed Street Fighter so much with this game with their sheer ineptitude and inability to do anything. Lack of Content, delay after delay after the delay, the most basic of elements still missing, a glut of DLC that is both overpriced and uninspired that is pushed besides doing anything NECESSARY to keep players engaged while also trying to bring in new players.

When USF4 becoming BC on Xbox One gets more play than a Cancelled EVO Panel, it's another checked box on the long list of things they've fucked up with Street Fighter V.

MrCarter

I mean, are we even surprised at this point?

They've killed Street Fighter so much with this game with their sheer ineptitude and inability to do anything. Lack of Content, delay after delay after the delay, the most basic of elements still missing, a glut of DLC that is both overpriced and uninspired that is pushed besides doing anything NECESSARY to keep players engaged while also trying to bring in new players.

When USF4 becoming BC on Xbox One gets more play than a Cancelled EVO Panel, it's another checked box on the long list of things they've fucked up with Street Fighter V.

You got all of this from a cancelled panel (that SNK also cancelled btw) that would not even be streamed? They went onto confirm announcements are still happening yet I don't know why people are getting bitter. The next paragraph is just so hyperbolic and bizarre that I won't even answer. If this game is "killed" then I really do wonder the state of all the other fighters.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really care about the panel too much, it wasn't going to get streamed either. I'm waiting for whatever they are going to announce before I write my salty post.

MrCarter

I'm not expecting too much from their announcements btw. It will probably be Abigail, maybe a new stage, CPT stuff and some more costumes. Anything for the rumoured SSFV will most likely happen at CapCup imo.

Village

Oh, shut up and stop whining. You've been complaining about this game for over a year now and you're still here. I think you have more problems than SFV does.

Now hold on, just because one complains about a game, doesn't mean they cant engage with it, or even like aspects from it or the franchise it exists in. There are quite a few sonic fans out there. To suggest that there is something wrong with the person isn't a fair assessment, well unless I missed something.

Scotia

Banned
Now hold on, just because one complains about a game, doesn't mean they cant engage with it, or even like aspects from it or the franchise it exists in. There are quite a few sonic fans out there. To suggest that there is something wrong with the person isn't a fair assessment, well unless I missed something.

I'd usually give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's been over a year and nothing's changed with him. That being said you're right, it's not my place to say whether or not someone can or can't engage with something regardless of if they like it or not. I'll edit my post and move on.

let-them-fight.gif

just a question for people who do play other fighting games as well. What other ones out there have a decent size player base to always get a match.

SFV has is large enough to find matches easily enough.

I have GG rev 2 and thats harder. basically have to use lobbies (which are designed very well) but seems like not many lower skilled played so just get murdered a lot. If this has SFV's player base I would be tempted to get into it.

I assume Injustice 2 has a large player base.

What about Tekken 7? I would assume thats good too.

I own KI and always found it a pain finding matches on that. But im also not a huge fan of how that game plays so with those 2 things together I dropped it.

any other ones out there that have a decent size user base? I plan to get tekken 7 at somepoint and will prob pass on injustice as im not really into its systems.

just a question for people who do play other fighting games as well. What other ones out there have a decent size player base to always get a match.

SFV has is large enough to find matches easily enough.

I have GG rev 2 and thats harder. basically have to use lobbies (which are designed very well) but seems like not many lower skilled played so just get murdered a lot. If this has SFV's player base I would be tempted to get into it.

I assume Injustice 2 has a large player base.

What about Tekken 7? I would assume thats good too.

I own KI and always found it a pain finding matches on that. But im also not a huge fan of how that game plays so with those 2 things together I dropped it.

any other ones out there that have a decent size user base? I plan to get tekken 7 at somepoint and will prob pass on injustice as im not really into its systems.
KI doesn't have an amazingly large playerbase but because of the insanely good netcode, playing online shouldn't be a problem. Just stick to ranked. It's not really as "stressful" as SFV Ranked.

Tekken 7 is very healthy.

IJ2 also has fantastic netcode but also has a decent online playerbase. But I'd recommend waiting for a balance patch, unless you want to play a zoner or a top tier.

KI doesn't have an amazingly large playerbase but because of the insanely good netcode, playing online shouldn't be a problem. Just stick to ranked. It's not really as "stressful" as SFV Ranked.

Tekken 7 is very healthy.

IJ2 also has fantastic netcode but also has a decent online playerbase. But I'd recommend waiting for a balance patch, unless you want to play a zoner or a top tier.

I remember it just taking forever to find matches in KI. Netcode was great but the wait killed it for me. Im in UK so no idea if that had anything to do with it.

I guess the big three for online are SFV, IJ2 and T7 then. Just wondering if any others were out there.

I remember it just taking forever to find matches in KI. Netcode was great but the wait killed it for me. Im in UK so no idea if that had anything to do with it.

I guess the big three for online are SFV, IJ2 and T7 then. Just wondering if any others were out there.
The problem is that even if the online is stable enough, there just isn't that much of a playerbase.

KoF XIV and GG Xrd have stable netcode but you pretty much have to get into a commmunity and coordinate to get matches. Matchmaking is not at all a reliable option.

And your issues with KI are surprising since I'm in Pakistan and play only with European players. With the exception of weird timings like 5 in the morning, I always get a match so you definitely shouldn't have any issues.

I think I'll be taking a break from playing fighting games, at least until Menat drops.
I've barely touched my backlog this year, despite there being tons of stuff I want to finish or at least try.

However, I am not going to uninstall SFV.
Lucebuce taught me not to do that. 💙

Ucchedavāda;243417243 said:
I think I'll be taking a break from playing fighting games, at least until Menat drops.
I've barely touched my backlog this year, despite there being tons of stuff I want to finish or at least try.

However, I am not going to uninstall SFV.
Lucebuce taught me not to do that. 💙

I uninstalled after i unlocked all the cheevos tbh

mbpm1

I don't regret uninstalling sfv. Made some nice god space to install other stuff I needed to play in the downtime

Now that that stuff is done I'm back in tentatively

What's with the freakout about the panel being cancelled? They clearly mention the announcements still being on track.

It's like ppl saw this tweet instead:
6632860e39.jpg

I was hoping for some more behind-the-scenes stuff, like the last panel.
But I am not concerned about them not releasing whatever announcements they were/are going to make.

SNK moved their panel with Arc's stream. But that's less time on XIV due to them already being hooked up in a stream with NB and Arcs stuff floating about.

Marvel

could never
I don't regret uninstalling sfv. Made some nice god space to install other stuff I needed to play in the downtime

Now that that stuff is done I'm back in tentatively
Literally just re-bought the game and installed. A break did me some good, Ed seems really fun.

Top Bottom