• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

|OT9| A Shadow Falls
giphy.gif

The exact quote was "Around E3 timing, maybe even San Diego Comic-Con, we have one or two surprises we hope our fans will look forward to", so I guess the timing could be a bit nebulous. Hopefully there's at least something around E3, even if the focus is on MvC.

Yes, at E3 itself, MvCI gets the stage. But we might be getting an outline for the June update around E3. New character + new skins. The things everyone is waiting for is coming later.

Scotia

Banned
Yes, at E3 itself, MvCI gets the stage. But we might be getting an outline for the June update around E3. New character + new skins. The things everyone is waiting for is coming later.

Don't suppose you know when the Alex and Ibuki nostalgic costumes are coming?

Birdie being able to AA better is such a treat. I know I said it already but god damn having better AA options should be a thing across the board.

How's everyone's matchmaking been with the Beta? I'm getting matches further afield than usual but they're a bit skittish. I fear it''s worse for those at the other end as I've had a few not accepting a rematch. =/

jett

D-Member
How's everyone's matchmaking been with the Beta? I'm getting matches further afield than usual but they're a bit skittish. I fear it''s worse for those at the other end as I've had a few not accepting a rematch. =/

Just like with the last beta, I don't see a single difference.

I've probably played this game everyday for over a year and never have I noticed the shadows. More power to the people that have the highest of standards.

Remember when ultra came out for PS4 and people went insane over the lines in the training stage?

Pompadour

Haven't tried today but I was getting matches with a downtime of 3 seconds using Fight Request.

Lulubop

I've probably played this game everyday for over a year and never have I noticed the shadows. More power to the people that have the highest of standards.

Remember when ultra came out for PS4 and people went insane over the lines in the training stage?

The AF was atrocious. Like hard to miss, what made it worse was that it was on PS4 and looked worse.

Ryce

I'm far from a graphics whore, but the muddy, checkered shadows are shockingly egregious, especially on certain stages. They ruin the game's visuals for me.

Pompadour

I didn't notice until they were pointed out but then it was very obvious.

kobu

I really need training mode for ed right now because it's like you're too far to confim anything 95% of the time.

Edzi

LakeEarth

I love Ed, he is a good time. It's odd trying to "trial by fire" a new character, since the Beta has no training mode. I just had to learn on the fly. I think it took until my 5th match before I figured out how to do that TAP-like move he has.

EDIT - come to think of it, I never learned how to do that mini-jump punch move he has.

Didn't notice any changes to the speed in which I got matches. Quick, but not that quick. I also had some matches with some rollback, not unplayable, but noticeable.

mbpm1

I think i enjoy Ed at a lower-level but, not too interested in how i have to play him at a higher one. You need those single hit confirms and then you also have to confirm spacing

Edzi

I think i enjoy Ed at a lower-level but, not too interested in how i have to play him at a higher one. You need those single hit confirms and then you also have to confirm spacing

I can't help thinking that we're missing something. It can't be that complicated to get reliable confirms.

mbpm1

I can't help thinking that we're missing something. It can't be that complicated to get reliable confirms.

I think he may be more defensive based than we are trying now. Offense is so sporadic outside of dash > stuff that maybe we need to play keep away with his aa game and using fireball/uncharged fireball in neutral

Or just work on confirms like a god

Edzi

I think he may be more defensive based than we are trying now. Offense is so sporadic outside of dash > stuff that maybe we need to play keep away with his aa game and using fireball/uncharged fireball in neutral

Or just work on confirms like a god

Yeah, I think his gameplan might be more defensive. Control the air and ground space with pokes to get them scared, then you can mix them up with your vskill grab once they're too scared to jump in on you.

mbpm1

Yeah, I think his gameplan might be more defensive. Control the air and ground space with pokes to get them scared, then you can mix them up with your vskill grab once they're too scared to jump in on you.

the thing is his normals don't seem controlling in a typical sense.

I feel like they want him to be a weird hybrid of stuff but it's not immediately apparent how to execute it.

Alex's too. I don't see him moving up too much on the tier list.

Mp > lk elbow is awesome. It's a frame trap. It's safe. It pushes them toward the corner. And, the distance it leaves you on block basically sets you at neutral, because their lights can barely touch you, if their lights can reach you at all.

Alex finally has a block string that's safe. Definitely a good buff.

Edzi

Mp > lk elbow is awesome. It's a frame trap. It's safe. It pushes them toward the corner. And, the distance it leaves you on block basically sets you at neutral, because their lights can barely touch you, if their lights can reach you at all.

Alex finally has a block string that's safe. Definitely a good buff.

Never said it wasn't a good buff. I just don't think it's enough.

I think its his v-skill. I haven't had a chance to really try it out, but his v-skill being safe on block means you can have these block strings that push you out end in v-skill, letting you get right back in for free. i dunno. I haven't had a chance to try him as much as i'd like to yet.

Top Bottom