• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Yeah, the word is that he's +3 after that. But how I see it, this is what follows:

1. Ed attempts a throw. Opponent either techs or throw lands.
2. Ed attempts a shimmy. Opponent either tries to tech or escapes.
3. Ed attacks with either st.MP or cr.MP to beat 3f moves. Opponent either blocks or gets (CH) hit.
3*. If the first attack landed, you could follow-up with cr.MK. If the st.MP > cr.MK hit... that's the end of your pressure?

The way I see it, if there's no real way to convert after the +3 ground V-Skill if an attack lands, I'd either just hold back or just eat the throw. Despite plus moves, his frame traps don't seem to be powerful in a way that can lead to big damage or knock downs, like the strong characters in this game. Maybe his cr.HP will need to be used more or something in them? But that doesn't sound right.
you gonna be at Toryuken?

The best way to describe Capcom is Capcpom. Every time they fuck something up
LongElaborateAgama.gif

Blueblur1

No my friend I am definitely playing on 1080p. And I am positive it can pointed out to me how "bad" the AF or shadow dithering is. My simple point was after a year it is just something I didn't notice or really cared about. I guess you can say ingorance is bliss. But it stills seems pretty silly when I hear it ruins the game or the graphics.

The more I lurk neogaf the more I find that things the average person doesn't know about or noticed drive other people batshit crazy.

People are different. There are people that can't tell the difference between 30 fps or 60 fps (which is crazy to me) but that's what they perceive. It is what it is.

MrCarter

CFN's updated stats (with so much good information) are very quick and snappy now. I also like that interactive UI on the side of what your favourites are doing and who they are playing - even with an option to watch the match right there and then.

HardRojo

Ucchedavāda;236635350 said:
The new profile statistics are pretty great.
And there's even a way to see how much FM you've earned in total, and stratified by character, too.
Sounds like the QoL updates are getting there bit by bit. Hopefully we keep seeing more good stuff throughout the year and next year.

Ucchedavāda;236635350 said:
The new profile statistics are pretty great.
And there's even a way to see how much FM you've earned in total, and stratified by character, too.

I don't remember reading this in the patch notes. Jesus christ Capcom announce this shit.

It's the second day and we don't have any down time. I was able to find matches all day. Fast as fuck, too, with maybe one slightly choppy experience.

I really hope that this beta goes well and that they feel it's ready for launch.

Exr

HOLY SHIT. Ossiel123088 is in this goddamn beta, mashing out st.LK as if FM transferred over to one's main account. Wow.
I hope that name is brought back every console cycle by someone doing the same thing in fighting games forever

I don't remember reading this in the patch notes. Jesus christ Capcom announce this shit.

Capcom is doing continuously themselves a disservice.
Remember when they fixed disconnects kicking you out of survival mode, but didn't tell anyone? That was a major complaint for a while, but strangely they didn't try to cash in on the positive PR they could have gotten from fixing that.

Boogins

Matchmaking seems better and I'm enjoying Ed but the one time I want to use the blacklist because of a RQ I can't because there's no record of the match so no quick way unless I memorize the player's Is which of course I don't. Disappointing.

MechaX

Welp, played enough of casual matches for this evening so I better leave and hit the lab on a high note before going full tilt like yesterday.

I am still not entirely confident on fighting Ed with Cammy at the moment. I don't have a good grasp of a lot of his punishable strings outside of that DP-esque move he does. And I feel like a lot of my victories against him are luck simply because he was pressing buttons at the wrong time.

But I am finding that my absolute worst habit is random/bad hitconfirm spiral arrows and cannon strikes. I can only face palm after a blocked one because the recovery is so insane that the opponent can pretty much do or mash whatever they want afterwards. I've been trying to hit confirm cr.mp/mp into cr.mp into spiral arrow has a hit confirm and it has worked decently so far, but I dunno.

yeah, i'm down, but I only really like 3-4 people max...I don't like waiting around for matches...

I was thinking about 1v1 myself, I don't like waiting either.

Welp, played enough of casual matches for this evening so I better leave and hit the lab on a high note before going full tilt like yesterday.

I am still not entirely confident on fighting Ed with Cammy at the moment.

It feels like the worst matchup of all time.

MCD250

I feel like Xiao Hai could straight be the best SFV player in the world if he actually practised.

Well, and if he could snatch his soul back from Du.

Time to sit back and watch some eleague. Had a little play on the beta. Murdered 2 eds as they clearly dont know how to play him yet and stopped. I will just wait till he is released to try him in training and do his trials.

Didnt really notice any differences with server stuff but i dont really have to many issues as it is. Love the stats though. Im on 800k fight money so still a way to go. But if i finish extra story and do the remaining 4 characters trials, easy survival and pre story i should get to a million if you include weekly FM and wins etc by the end of the year lol.

I assume with the win stats that win streak is just amount of wins that you gained during a streak while wins is after a loss.

Top Bottom