• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

lol. Dude complains nonstop, has the shittiest internet in the country, doesn't know what a combo is, and also low key shows off constantly with his gifs that nobody asks for.

And yet we still quote/respond to him even though I'm certain at this point that he gets off on this.
2GNCdQx.gif

Sometimes I think maybe I can make Nash work if ZG can make it work but sometimes I realize homeboys internet is the equivalent of seven people in a dorm torrenting movies by stealing wifi from the nearby Hardee's.

Ryce

It’s been said before, but I wonder if season 2 has an intentional 30th anniversary theme, because every single character was first seen in a different Street Fighter series. That would be one hell of a coincidence.

FF - Abigail
II - Akuma (better than the NPC alternatives of Ken’s wife and Gorbachev)
Alpha - Zeku
III - Kolin
IV - Ed
V - Menat

Only the first Street Fighter is missing, and that’s probably because not even Capcom thinks Retsu or Lee are worth including.

Speaking of themes, what would you like to see for future seasons?

2018 - 6 fan favorites (Sagat, Sakura, etc.)
2019 - 6 Final Fight characters to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Final Fight
2020 - 6 brand new characters representing new regions and fighting styles (Sub-Saharan Africa, Scandinavia, Indonesia, Australia, Polynesia, etc.)

This would bring the total roster count to 46 characters. I think we’d be lucky for DLC support to extend beyond that.

MCD250

I actually like the roster as it is right now a lot, so I don't have a character wishlist, per sé. I do think it'd be cool to see some fan faves come back (Sagat, Sakura, etc.) and it'd probably earn Capcom a bit of goodwill, if they're interested in cultivating that.

Beyond that, I actually think it'd be good to bring back some 3S characters. Not necessarily because I'm big on them, but because it's a good way to further bridge the gap between the two games. So say, get Sean in (Laura is already there so it's perfect), as well as weirdos like Q, Oro, etc.

kirblar

It's been said before, but I wonder if season 2 has an intentional 30th anniversary theme, because every single character was first seen in a different Street Fighter series. That would be one hell of a coincidence.

FF - Abigail
II - Akuma (better than the NPC alternatives of Ken's wife and Gorbachev)
Alpha - Zeku
III - Kolin
IV - Ed
V - Menat

Only the first Street Fighter is missing, and that's probably because not even Capcom thinks Retsu or Lee are worth including.

2019 - 6 Final Fight characters to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Final Fight
2020 - 6 brand new characters representing new regions and fighting styles (Sub-Saharan Africa, Scandinavia, Indonesia, Australia, Polynesia, etc.)

This would bring the total roster count to 46 characters. I think we'd be lucky for DLC support to extend beyond that.
Sagat (SF1/2), Sakura (SFA). SF3. SF4. Newbie, Newbie wouldn't surprise me for S3. (plus a potential freebie or two for the base roster for the Super upgrade.)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

This would bring the total roster count to 46 characters. I think we'd be lucky for DLC support to extend beyond that.

I would love that but I have a suggestion. They should have one season where they could have 6 veterans coming from different countries that haven't repped in SFV to push their agenda with World Tour forward. I know they stopped caring about it but it would be nice to see more countries getting repped tho.

Abel (France)
Hakan (Turkey)
Elena (East Africa or/and Kenya)
Rose (Italy)
El Fuerte (Mexico)
Dee Jay (Jamaica)

There is Hugo from Germany. I'm fine with any newcomers from any new regions. I'm going to toss one more thing top of your lists so I would like to see Irish Bar Brawler (Also drunken fighter).

I would love that but I have a suggestion. They should have one season where they could have 6 veterans coming from different countries that haven't repped in SFV to push their agenda with World Tour forward. I know they stopped caring about it but it would be nice to see more countries getting repped tho.

Abel (France)
Hakan (Turkey)
Elena (East Africa or/and Kenya)
Rose (Italy)
El Fuerte (Mexico)
Dee Jay (Jamaica)

There is Hugo from Germany. I'm fine with any newcomers from any new regions. I'm going to toss one more thing top of your lists so I would like to see Irish Bar Brawler (Also drunken fighter).
A Drunken Fist user would be awesome

vg260

For S3 I want:
Cody (not impossible)
Rose (unlikely w/ Menat coming)
Haggar (poor guy will probably never get in a SF game)
Hakan or Blanka
I wouldn't put money on any of those making it though.

The only wishlist charcater of mine that got in so far is Guile.

Surprisingly, Urien has turned out to be my favorite to play in V despite never caring for 3rd Strike very much and not wanting him in at all before.

lol. Dude complains nonstop, has the shittiest internet in the country, doesn't know what a combo is, and also low key shows off constantly with his gifs that nobody asks for.

And yet we still quote/respond to him even though I'm certain at this point that he gets off on this.

Fight Fight Fight.....

If I had to choose themes,
2018 - Fan Faves
2019 - Final Fight
2020 - SFIII Characters (with Gill being the final DLC character)

Surprisingly, Urien has turned out to be my favorite to play in V despite never caring for 3rd Strike very much and not wanting him in at all before.
Bullshit.

Every Urien player has been maining him since Yie Ar.

DunpealD

I did not know that. Does it really pay that much to commentate? I was made to believe they were paid very little.

Seems to pay enough to stay afloat. I think Sajam mentioned on his stream that Steve and him decided to try it to make it a full time gig this year to see how it goes.

A side effect of this is that they are pretty much rarely at home and on the road most of the time.

MrCarter

I did not know that. Does it really pay that much to commentate? I was made to believe they were paid very little.

I think they do a lot of events which add up in the end. They love doing this so they don't mind doing as much as possible.

Also, I need to stop getting triggered by Zts and DryNoRelief in that damn thread. They are so obnoxious.

ElFly

2018: 6 newbies but this time they are related to the people you actually want: Sagat's teacher, Sakura's sister, Oro's nephew, that girl that hangs out with Necro, Hakan's wife, Viper's daughter

2019: 6 newbies, but they are from other franchises: Blue Mary's dog, Geese's wife, Jin's son, Scorpion before he died (and before he was a ninja), Jotaro's mom, Farmer with a shotgun from dragon ball

2020: 5 newbies, brand new. they are all male blondes with the same moveset, only differentiating in the V-skill. Same v-trigger. One returning character. Sorry, it's Sean.

Neoxon

It’s been said before, but I wonder if season 2 has an intentional 30th anniversary theme, because every single character was first seen in a different Street Fighter series. That would be one hell of a coincidence.

FF - Abigail
II - Akuma (better than the NPC alternatives of Ken’s wife and Gorbachev)
Alpha - Zeku
III - Kolin
IV - Ed
V - Menat

Only the first Street Fighter is missing, and that’s probably because not even Capcom thinks Retsu or Lee are worth including.

This would bring the total roster count to 46 characters. I think we’d be lucky for DLC support to extend beyond that.
As long as one of those new regions yields a Habesha (Eritrean or Ethiopian) newcomer that isn't a Doll, I'm down.

Blueblur1

No FF only season, please. No more all newcomers season either.

Mix and match returning characters and save newcomers for the last season or SFVI.

Numb

If Steve(the Youngblood) wasn't such a sellout..
Nah I like him

My favourite is ofc Aris. No one comes close. I've mastered his vernicular at this point

Pachinko

Hey guys, I started a scrubby lounge for about an hour or so, there's 4 slots available for anyone on here. Password is 6430. Hopefully my connection can handle you , I'm in Edmonton which is central western canada so west coast players should be good to join.

Top Bottom