• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Nephtes

Hey guys, I started a scrubby lounge for about an hour or so, there's 4 slots available for anyone on here. Password is 6430. Hopefully my connection can handle you , I'm in Edmonton which is central western canada so west coast players should be good to join.

I'm there, but I have no mic... Hope that's okay.

Would join but goddamn I played like crap tonight. Granted I'm under the weather, but I was fking up my 360s all night long. Although this caused me to land the dragon screw counter, haha.

Nephtes

That's fine dood , it's just me and an IRL buddy in here so have at er , long as the connection is working out for ya

Seemed fine for the two matches I played even though y'all are in Canada and I'm all the way down in New Orleans. Hope it was okay on that end.

Pachinko

Seemed fine for the two matches I played even though y'all are in Canada and I'm all the way down in New Orleans. Hope it was okay on that end.
That's good , for some reason I got a DC trying to do a rematch with my buddy even though he basically lives across the street , it didn't look to bad for you two as a spectator so whatevs

Nephtes

That's good , for some reason I got a DC trying to do a rematch with my buddy even though he basically lives across the street , it didn't look to bad for you two as a spectator so whatevs

Your buddy is pretty good... I'm out for the night. Thanks for the games!

Pachinko

Fun matches there Nephtis, I think you gave my buddy a bit of a challenge too. That R.Mika - Ken fight at the end was down to the wire.

As for our connection, it looked mostly fine on spectator but during the game we had I noticed a bit of rollback, it wasn't like super bad with teleporting and all but sometimes it felt like stuff would go back a half second. It was playable and still surprisingly good considering the distance.

I might go back on for a spell in a few more days. Thanks for joining !

Akuma army's the new Nash army.

epeehnqtqfaz.jpg

Gotta love reddit.

Disktrasa

Banned
I am in!

Finally bought Deluxe edt, both SF and Tekken is on sale in EU, but SF has always been my favorite fightingserie.

I hope this game will have Legs for years, because i am gonna need it to be good haha

Scotia

Banned
Decided to have a quick look in the 'I think it's time to shed the idea that Street Fighter V is a bad game.' thread, then I saw this...

There is something to be said for being first, and lacking the benefit of several decades of technological advancement your alleged successor has. Lou Ferrigno was a tiny hulk, compared to CGI Ruffalo, after all. What is the fair and proper scale to measure such wide gaps?

I'd argue SF1 trumps SFV, if put into such perspective. Heck, it even had the first, best, and only good, much less aesthetically sound, iteration of Birdie.

SFV is SF1.5 30 years later, minus the valid DPs.

giphy.gif

The fuck?

MrCarter

Decided to have a quick look in the 'I think it's time to shed the idea that Street Fighter V is a bad game.' thread, then I saw this...

giphy.gif

The fuck?

I literally have no idea why that fool isn't banned for blatant drive-by shit posting. People get banned for less around here.

Village

giphy.gif

The fuck?

HAHAHAH
HAHHAHHAHAHAH

I TOLD YOU, I FUCKING TOLD YOU THERE WAS 1 DUDE OUT THERE THAT WOULD STAN SF1

tenor.gif

I am in!

Finally bought Deluxe edt, both SF and Tekken is on sale in EU, but SF has always been my favorite fightingserie.

I hope this game will have Legs for years, because i am gonna need it to be good haha

I hope you enjoy it, I think its pretty fun

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So my learning of Juri is going quite slowly, but it's fun. I'm still trying to learn and understand a lot of the basic mechanics of SFV, so that makes learning a character doubly difficult. I played against a F.A.N.G. and a Kolin last night who just tore me up. I had zero time to do anything. It wasn't really frustrating as much as it was marvelous. I mean it was just 100% pressure all the time. It put me in a state of analysis paralysis where I couldn't even figure out what to do to begin getting a hit in.

It also showed me that I might like to play Kolin as well.

Question about connection - the map on the home screen shows the globe with a bunch of little green and red squares. I THINK my connection is solid, but I want to make sure it's not me causing lag. If it is, I'm going to call Uverse and bitch to no end since I pay a premium for internet AND I'm hardwired into the modem with my PC. But is there a way to gauge my in game connection before I start throwing a fit?

Yeah it's pretty amazing despite Capcom's best efforts. And the future looks brighter than ever. Arc and Bandai Namco especially are killing it!

Shit on SFV al you want, but Capcom has done a lot in taking this eSports shit to a real level. The CPT stuff is growing the scene by taking it out of tiny poverty pockets and having them dump a bunch of cash, which in turn gets sponsors to do the same. Players are getting paid salaries (well someone of them), the pot bonuses are bigger, and things like putting the game on espn is legitimizing the entire genre. And other companies are taking it seriously due to Capcoms lead. A rising tide and all that.

It's still rocky and sfv asa product is butt, but not having to shit around at a busted ass garage for a local is real nice and that's exactly where we were headed lol

Pompadour

Shit on SFV al you want, but Capcom has done a lot in taking this eSports shit to a real level. The CPT stuff is growing the scene by taking it out of tiny poverty pockets and having them dump a bunch of cash, which in turn gets sponsors to do the same. Players are getting paid salaries (well someone of them), the pot bonuses are bigger, and things like putting the game on espn is legitimizing the entire genre. And other companies are taking it seriously due to Capcoms lead. A rising tide and all that.

It's still rocky and sfv asa product is butt, but not having to shit around at a busted ass garage for a local is real nice and that's exactly where we were headed lol

I do think SFV is benefitting other games and their communities by showing that people can make money broadcasting fighting games. I agree with the statement that fighting games were never dead, just Capcom fighting games, as ASW and Namco fighters have always been pretty healthy over the past few decades. However, with 4 and now V I do think Capcom revitalizes and pushes the genre forward in new areas. Sort of a rising tide raises all boats situation.

So my learning of Juri is going quite slowly, but it's fun. I'm still trying to learn and understand a lot of the basic mechanics of SFV, so that makes learning a character doubly difficult. I played against a F.A.N.G. and a Kolin last night who just tore me up. I had zero time to do anything. It wasn't really frustrating as much as it was marvelous. I mean it was just 100% pressure all the time. It put me in a state of analysis paralysis where I couldn't even figure out what to do to begin getting a hit in.

It also showed me that I might like to play Kolin as well.

Question about connection - the map on the home screen shows the globe with a bunch of little green and red squares. I THINK my connection is solid, but I want to make sure it's not me causing lag. If it is, I'm going to call Uverse and bitch to no end since I pay a premium for internet AND I'm hardwired into the modem with my PC. But is there a way to gauge my in game connection before I start throwing a fit?

With connection you need a good and consistant ping. Up and down speed is far less important. So fun some tests for ping and jitter (how much you ping fluxuates). Thats whats important.

As for getting better, analyze after the fight. When you get your ass handed to you the best thing to do is watch the replay. Then you can see what went wrong and can try to recreate it in training and find a way to overcome it.

The most common issue with players is match up knowledge. Even rookies nad bronze often know comboes because the the first and most obvious thing to learn. What people have to spend the most time learning (and it can take a very very long time) is what every character can do, how to counter each move and when they are safe to punish.

I have played since launch (albeit casually) and I still have huge issue with decent dhalsims and FANGS because I barely ever get to fight them. So when I do I dont really know what they do and when I can punish etc.

Scotia

Banned
Can we just take a step back for a second, and appreciate just how amazing the fighting game scene is right now?

It's honestly great. There's so many great fighting games to chose from with even more on the horizon. It's a great time to be a fighting game fan.

Top Bottom