• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Pompadour

You can tell that they don't play. They don't like the game > they don't play it outside of the show > they don't improve and in fact get worse

I agree. It's just something they pick up when it's time to do a show. I imagine the only time Mike Ross played SFV off-camera recently was when he was learning to use his Hit Box.

I honestly think thats it. Its a job, not a hobby anymore.
They might have the time anymore to play as much as they did a few years ago. Cross Counter has a lot more going on than just 1

Its like making streaming your full-time job. Yeah you get to play video games all day but that will wear you down just like a normal job.

Skilletor

Ucchedavāda;243997686 said:
Did you ever watch their MKX Excellent Adventures?
That was pretty miserable.

Didn't it pretty much amount to, "This doesn't play like SF, so it's bad?"

Why don't they just go back to SF4? You can still get matches in that game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ucchedavāda;243998679 said:
Xkira is so unreliable that you might as well just ignore whatever they say. If it's real, then other people will confirm it anyway.
Yeah if you google X-Kira you basically just get a load of leaks which never materialized and a few real ones, like the Dubai stage. Awful source.

Didn't it pretty much amount to, "This doesn't play like SF, so it's bad?"

Why don't they just go back to SF4? You can still get matches in that game.

Pretty much.
But there are probably no money in doing SF4 stuff any more, and Gootecks is if anything pretty savy.

Yeah if you google X-Kira you basically just get a load of leaks which never materialized and a few real ones, like the Dubai stage. Awful source.

As far as I can tell, X-Kira's "leaks" are a mix of actual data-mined stuff (sometimes actually discovered by other people), and educated guesses. People just forget all the times X-Kira got it wrong, and therefore assign them greater credibility than they deserve.

Scotia

Banned
X-Kira just posted that a F.A.N.G stage and Mika wrestling ring stage are also coming soon. We'll see about that.

Hasn't he been talking about a wrestling ring stage for like a year now? Honestly, X-Kira's so hit and miss that most of the time it's not worth listening to him.

Ryce

This game doesn't need another wrestling ring stage :/
Ring of Destiny is technically a boxing ring.

I really want an IJWPW dojo stage with a ring in the background with two NPCs practicing wrestling moves, other women lifting weights in the background, and Yoko Harmageddon following the fight on her golf cart.

Hi all! I'm guessing this is where the folks who enjoy SFV hang out?

Yo, X-Kira is claiming that a remake of Cammy's classic England stage is coming.

Fingers crossed!

I brought it up earlier in how the cpt bundle is a better investment than buying the season pass.

I've been considering it and would really like to hear some takes on this. REALLY regret not jumping on it last season, as I want more skins for Cammy.

FANG needs a love interest where their dedication to Lord Bison is what brings them together.
Together they try to fulfill Bison's evil plan to honor him in Death.

Marvel

could never
Fuck it going back to Bison. Enjoy him too much, Necalli felt like ass to me for some reason... even though I know he's great.

jett

D-Member
He's a Guilty Gear player now.

I assume he's gonna be ass no matter what he plays.

He doesn't like the game at all.

They should've just replaced him with an equally good personality like LIJoe instead of canceling it altogether.

Remember those MK episdoes, though?

Oh and this is Mike on Pro Talk:

I just don't get his comments on SFV. It's pure disdain. He seemed to be having fun last year. And him vs the bot is one of the top CC episodes ever.

Fuck it going back to Bison. Enjoy him too much, Necalli felt like ass to me for some reason... even though I know he's great.

When you get aggressive and they don't know how to respond m, that's when Bison is st his most fun.

Watching Pinoy SD play him like a crazy man is great. Dude doesn't wait to open you up he just does it himself.

Marvel

could never
When you get aggressive and they don't know how to respond m, that's when Bison is st his most fun.

Watching Pinoy SD play him like a crazy man is great. Dude doesn't wait to open you up he just does it himself.
Yeah I am Avery aggressive player anyway l, even more so with dictator.

First they flub up this trailer, then they put no Kobu in Ryu's new stage

when will our tests of loyalty end capcom

Sorry, I dont know what a "Kobu" is. I googled it and it comes up with bistros.

Do people still think Abigail's animations are trash or is that put to rest?

Im pretty happy overall, but some of his stuff still looks a bit wooden to me. Im not really sold on his backwards walk or his rapid uppercuts.

Without the "triggered bug" I can't see how anybody can hate on Abigail without also hating Hugo. I would say the latter is a much worse design. Capcom should get some credit for having unique architypes, movelist, physical traits for characters this season(so far).

I like Abigails look and I'll probably buy him, but I wouldnt say his design is better than Hugos. It is good to see Capcom put such a huge freak in the game though.

Yo, X-Kira is claiming that a remake of Cammy's classic England stage is coming.

I hope this is true. I loved that stage in SF2 and the music that went with it. They just need a couple of crows flying about, the pretty Northern Lights, a decent stage ko animation (like getting knocked into a suit of armor) and I'll be pretty happy.

Ryce

Wait, people are upset that Kobu wasn't used? Why would an SFII throwback stage use SFIII music? What a bizarre expectation.

I still think the Ryu vs Ken theme is the second best mix we've ever gotten of Ryu's theme, and that's partially because of the Kobu beat that plays like 50 sec in.

Best goes to his Smash theme obv.

Top Bottom