• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Skilletor

Man this latest Cross Counter session is sad af. They have Punk and Smug as guests, and yet all Mike and Gootecks do is shit talk the game.

Golden age of fighters and they still spending time bitching about sf5. Pretty pathetic.

I'll just watch Tastyjam enjoy playing random fighters. They're the superior duo, anyway.

Village

Golden age of fighters and they still spending time bitching about sf5. Pretty pathetic.

I'll just watch Tastyjam enjoy playing random fighters. They're the superior duo, anyway.

Its Why tasty jam's show anyway

Besides being funnier in general, they don't get mad at sfv all the time because they can have fun with other games. But Ross and Gootecks, just kinda want to play the one game, because as they put it " They only really know sf" which... seems extremely limited

Sayad

Ed is the only character I've managed to complete trials for since trials became a thing.

I even like his default costume.

Come at me.

Oh god, please don't come at me, I stuck at this game.
I guess the simplified input did payoff!! :D

joe2187

Banned
I do too,

We need protalk for different fights games

I would watch the shit out of namco pro talk

They limit themselves, they dont have to be pros at a fighting game to delve into the community. It's their own fault for being one trick ponies who would rather bitch than branch out.

Edzi

I unsubscribed after that whole "Esports" thing. I really dont understand where and what cross crounter is going with this whole shtick, Gootecks and Mike arent what they used to be and it aint funny and it damn well aint entertaining.
They limit themselves, they dont have to be pros at a fighting game to delve into the community. It's their own fault for being one trick ponies who would rather bitch than branch out.

Frankly, SFV brought out the absolute worst in both gootecks and Mike and made them go from two of my favorite personalities to some of the most aggravating. They've been salty, whiny, and scrubby man children the entire time the game has been out and it honestly seems like they're mostly frustrated with not being good at the game despite clearly not putting any time or effort into learning it or familiarizing themselves with the community. The amount of times both gootecks and Mike have spewed some blatantly and obviously untrue statements about the game and/or the scene has been embarrassing considering they make their living off of it.

Speaking of that, it's just beyond pathetic that they continue to milk the game while simultaneously hating it and shit talking it the entire time. I complain about this game a lot, I completely understand why someone would hate it, but holy shit are they just the worst with the way they almost passive aggressively shit on the game and the community all while profiting off them. Reading those quotes you posted of Mike just irk me to no end since he sounds like he thinks he's taking this fake moral high ground of "positivity" and playing what he finds fun, all while keeping mostly hush hush in the public eye so he can continue play SFV for money. Just feels so fake.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that realisation of "wait a minute, this show totally sucks now" was a weird one after watching years of their stuff. Just play GG if you like it Mike, SFV CC is awful.

Also pretty cool seeing some people come around on Abigail.

edit:
Someone on reddit pointed this out:
VBBHR1Z.gif

Apparently he was accidentally permanently in V-Trigger (which grows his muscles) in that trailer...
The actual smaller proportions make him look better overall and the V-Trigger effect is actually really cool.

Capcom pls...

Marvel

could never
Gotcha, as for his stomps should I do those raw quite close (LK version?) or should I use them after a crMK? I really want to be able to stick to my opponent like glue. I feel less confident with no fireball.

Don't know about all that fancy stuff, I just know to bitch about "Dash in throw OR dash in normal frametrap OR dash in command grab."

EDIT: But if I were to attempt a serious answer, then this is what it'd be.

Frametrap the fuck out of your opponents with "guaranteed" hits until they start to seriously respect you. THat's when you get ballsy. Start throwing after a frametrap, or shimmying, or pressing heavier buttons, or command grabbing. Basically make them fear being in a minus situation against you while you're near them.

Vice

Guys what should I be doing as Nec when quite close to my oppenent normals wise? to keep the pressure going.
Light lunch and kick, standing medium kick, crouching medium punch and the occasional crouching medium kick.
Some good ones are standing mk > jab, crouching mp > standing mk, and staggered jabs.

If you want to build v-meter toss out a few close ground pounds.

Once your corner them, keep the pressure up and toss in regular throws after the standing medium kick.

Up close, Necali is very scary. After getting a few counter hits you can usually start going ham on people with command grabs.

For some more silly stuff you can do something like crouching medium kick, or standing or crouching heavy punch, canceled into the various stomps. The different timings means people will often try to jab out of them and get counter hit. But, once people catch on to this beter players will know how to interrupt. Vagabond used to do this a lot online, but I haven't seen many of his recent replays.

Village

I feel like this is a problem with a lot of capcom players who grew up during that " i only play this era" I feel like they will be replaced by younger less jaded dudes who aren't afraid to branch out and play other shit. It isn't just street fighter either I feel like its going to happen to a lot of melee players at some point too

ATP was close. RIP is doing his own thing now with Sajam
Official shit is hard

The cool thing about Namco pro talk, I feel like harada would the type of dude to just drop the fuck by.

I don't know why mike and gootecks grew up with just sf when most players dabbled in everything. Xiao Hai, Tokido, Daigo, LI Joe, Vallr, Justin Wong, and a bunch others played like everything.

Sayad

I don't know why mike and gootecks grew up with just sf when most players dabbled in everything. Xiao Hai, Tokido, Daigo, LI Joe, Vallr, Justin Wong, and a bunch others played like everything.
Mike played MvC2 and some Guilty Gear, unlike Goetecks he can actually comprehend other games. Even while only talking SF, Gootecks is more of an entertainer(a clown you could say ;p), dude peaked competitively during pre-console SFIV when he shined among the 30 or so guys with enough access to the game in the US.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure Gootecks said before that he doesn't really play any other video games, just Street Fighter.

Village

Pretty sure Gootecks said before that he doesn't really play any other video games, just Street Fighter.

He also mentioned when he was younger he veiwed a lot of other fighting games as " different" and didn't like or play them when he was younger.

Now he has a business, and street fighter isn't the only game in town, or the biggest, or the most liked even( and maybe not even the most likely to continue) . So instead of actually learning these games, he expanded his business to experts who do

edit:
VBBHR1Z.gif

Apparently he was accidentally permanently in V-Trigger (which grows his muscles) in that trailer...
The actual smaller proportions make him look better overall and the V-Trigger effect is actually really cool.

Capcom pls...

This really happened? How did this slip through Capcoms QA? Thats a pretty big screw up. Especially when the boss is presenting it in public (poor Ono). I agree that non-V Trigger looks better in general, though I appreciate the goofiness of Abigail getting bigger (for a limited time) during the fight. It adds character.

Pompadour

Yeah, that realisation of "wait a minute, this show totally sucks now" was a weird one after watching years of their stuff. Just play GG if you like it Mike, SFV CC is awful.

Yeah, I've been finding myself skipping many of the recent episodes of CC because they seem like someone slipped them some xanax before playing. They seem totally uninterested now.

edit:
VBBHR1Z.gif

Capcom pls...

Yeah, I noticed during WSO his proportions were much more normal and I just assumed it was just his alts. I'm glad this is a V-Trigger only thing.

Abigail definitely looks better when he's not in V-Trigger. Still a bit too big, but the proportions aren't as off.

And while I appreciate specifically Alex having the option to wear his jacket in his nostalgia costume, I don't like the precedent it sets for adding more clothes to male characters.

MrCarter

...feels so fake.

Good post. Now we have Mike subtlety hinting he might be playing Abigail but will mostly like start bitching again due to the salt smh.

edit:
VBBHR1Z.gif

Capcom pls...

I knew something was off in the WSO stream last night. Good spot.

Scotia

Banned

edit:
VBBHR1Z.gif

Capcom pls...

Oh for fucksake, really Capcom? I'm glad the original reveal was just a bug and that his normal appearance looks a lot better, but smh at Capcom releasing the trailer like that.

Village

Im seeing v bar connections and then when the match happens its not

And those people who play like that on purpose

This is un fun

If we got a new Saturday Night Slam Masters game with the original cast, a few guests (namely Gief, Mika, and King), the Women's Wrestling Federation (the SF wrestling group that Mika's in), and an IRL guest (John Cena or The Rock), how much do you guys think it would sell today?

I ask that as somebody who's neither played the originals nor actually cared for pro wrestling growing up.

If we got a new Saturday Night Slam Masters game with the original cast, a few guests (namely Gief, Mika, and King), the Women's Wrestling Federation (the SF wrestling group that Mika's in), and an IRL guest (John Cena or The Rock), how much do you guys think it would sell today?

I ask that as somebody who's neither played the originals nor actually cared for pro wrestling growing up.
Wrestling game
which I'm assuming doesn't suck
with the Rock?

7 million copies on the first day.

Do people still think Abigail's animations are trash or is that put to rest?

Without the "triggered bug" I can't see how anybody can hate on Abigail without also hating Hugo. I would say the latter is a much worse design. Capcom should get some credit for having unique architypes, movelist, physical traits for characters this season(so far).

All I need is for Menat to scratch that Rose itch.

VariantX

Another gaming SFV thread, another batch of totally reasonable opinions

Capcom is terrible for giving you two options to get characters, versus no options at all to get characters other than paying extra money with everyone else? This literally makes no sense. When everyone does the same thing, but I want to only be mad at one company for doing it?

My main criticisms for getting FM through matches are:

-Is that it's too fucking little for how long it takes to get into a match between matchmaking and loading up the fights. Cut down load times even further if possible.

-No bonuses for consecutive matches played to encourage people to keep playing for longer stretches of time

-No double xp or fight money weekends

-Nothing of real significant value to spend FM on besides characters, costumes and stages

This really happened? How did this slip through Capcoms QA? Thats a pretty big screw up. Especially when the boss is presenting it in public (poor Ono). I agree that non-V Trigger looks better in general, though I appreciate the goofiness of Abigail getting bigger (for a limited time) during the fight. It adds character.
First they flub up this trailer, then they put no Kobu in Ryu's new stage

when will our tests of loyalty end capcom

Capcpom have fucked up a lot with this game but I've yet to see a character that was straight up disappointing. Every character has a good design, is incredibly well animated and feels fresh and unique.

With the exception of Juri, the useless one.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Capcpom have fucked up a lot with this game but I've yet to see a character that was straight up disappointing. Every character has a good design, is incredibly well animated and feels fresh and unique.

With the exception of Juri, the useless one.
Juri and Necalli for me, yeah.

Juri and Necalli for me, yeah.
Even with Juri, it's mostly the moveset and the balancing that fucked her over.

With Necalli, it's just the design that I hate. Him being pure rushdown isn't necessarily a bad moveset, it's the weird balancing that makes him seem so unfun to play against (at least for me)

Pompadour

Capcom is terrible for giving you two options to get characters, versus no options at all to get characters other than paying extra money with everyone else? This literally makes no sense. When everyone does the same thing, but I want to only be mad at one company for doing it?

My main criticisms for getting FM through matches are:

-Is that it's too fucking little for how long it takes to get into a match between matchmaking and loading up the fights. Cut down load times even further if possible.

-No bonuses for consecutive matches played to encourage people to keep playing for longer stretches of time

-No double xp or fight money weekends

-Nothing of real significant value to spend FM on besides characters, costumes and stages

My main criticism of the FM system is that it isn't fun to earn. I wanted some sort of earnable currency in the next SFV game before it was ever revealed. However, I anticipated it as something to make online play more rewarding and to take the sting out of losing Ranked matches. I figured if some money dropped whether you won or lost people would be less likely to rage quit.

I wanted basic challenges for every character like you saw in 3S Online Edition so people would be incentivized to play different fighters. The framework for everything I want the FM system to be is already in the game, it's just clear it was rushed so they dumped exorbitant amounts of FM on the terrible Survival mode. It should have been spread around way more.

But that isn't what the thread was about so I didn't bring it up. It's easy to get FM in SFV, just not fun.

Top Bottom