• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Skab

Ive had way more bad/laggy mathes in this beta than the last one. Hopefully thats just my bad luck and not a sign of the quality to come. :\

LakeEarth

Matchmaking seems better and I'm enjoying Ed but the one time I want to use the blacklist because of a RQ I can't because there's no record of the match so no quick way unless I memorize the player's Is which of course I don't. Disappointing.
If you're playing on PS4, you could've hit the share button to get his name. But no, the game doesn't seem to record who you play until the END of the match.

*cough'

You had to find a place to vent your Jojo's after they denied you FGC OT's eh

They didn't deny me, I relinquished the belt when we got kicked out of Gaming. NWS just likes to rub salt in my wounds by using my banners.

The little weekly webcomics were fun ways to spend my sunday mornings, though.

Numb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";236660493]They didn't deny me, I relinquished the belt when we got kicked out of Gaming. NWS just likes to rub salt in my wounds by using my banners.[/QUOTE]

So you abandon us after we go from the limelight into the community slums? smh

I just played the beta, as someone who hated street fighter 4 I don't understand why no one told me that this game is actually amazing. Holy shit they needed a demo, I really need this game now.

mbpm1

Since I'm doing the beta and there are less people I'm running into way more diamond players. Like every other match.

So many people are way on point once you hit Super plat > diamond. It's like the more I play the play i thought was high level becomes standard, but then I just discover another new level of play that make what I think now as high level play rote and casual. And there's still the pros out there that are a million times better than any online warrior.

Despite what I think of things like neutral and the wakeup game It's pretty neat playing a game like this where you can see progress more quickly.

Hyun Sai

I just played the beta, as someone who hated street fighter 4 I don't understand why no one told me that this game is actually amazing. Holy shit they needed a demo, I really need this game now.

Well, whatever we think of those games, they play nothing alike, so if you hate one you might like the other ^^.

Numb

SF4 is trash
Should have tried the sequel it couldn't possibly get any worse

MCD250

Finally got a chance to watch the Du/Xiao Hai runback from Eleague (I watched their first set live) and sheesh, Xiao Hai wasn't just winning there, he actually dominated pretty convincingly, for the most part. You can for sure tell that he prepped for this match.

Blueblur1

The game launched incomplete but it's been improving and these new updates are helping even more. Support is going to continue through 2020 at the very least so it will only get better.

What in the everlasting fuck is with this matchmaking in ranked

No game, I don't want to get pounded into the pavement by Super/Ultra Bronze players right now without having a concept on why I'm getting bodied No, I don't want to play people who can barely even throw out hadokens. I just want to fight people actually around my goddamn skill level without these wild variances

Why not post a video or two of matches that caused you trouble and maybe we can give you some pointers? I guarantee everything they do to body you is easy overcome once you know what is happening. Its working out why thats hard when you are new to playing fighting games.

Since I'm doing the beta and there are less people I'm running into way more diamond players. Like every other match.

So many people are way on point once you hit Super plat > diamond. It's like the more I play the play i thought was high level becomes standard, but then I just discover another new level of play that make what I think now as high level play rote and casual. And there's still the pros out there that are a million times better than any online warrior.

Despite what I think of things like neutral and the wakeup game It's pretty neat playing a game like this where you can see progress more quickly.

And its like that no matter where you skill level is. There are clear differences between even the bronze and silver ranks. It makes such a nice change from a lot of popular online games where is a lot harder to see the difference due to them being team based (most fps) or heavily dependent on rng (card game).

Playing a fighting game that is very much skill based and 1v1 means there are so many variences in skill level that even in the top 5k players you see big differences.

Pachimari

So I got 3 weeks before Tekken 7 hits, and have decided I could spend that time on Street Fighter V, since I don't think I've gotten my money's worth out of this game yet. I played a lot and wrote down a lot of notes during the launch period but have since forgotten most if not all of it. What is the best way to get back into this game, and which resources should I look for and make use of?

I am going main Charlie Nash as I did back then and have found his move list, so I plan on practicing movement and spacing by taking a closer look at Juicebox's explanation of Footsies and practice against offline as well as online opponents. I do not care if I win or lose, but rather that I take something away from my matches that I can use.

I've found a bunch of bookmarks I've been saving from when I first played SFV - oh, and by the way, Street Fighter V is my first Street Fighter - and I got this B'nB for Charlie or a whole series, a Tutorial #1 and Tutorial #2, more about his soul-stealing and bankrupting my opponents meter, combo videos, and oh man, I actually got a ton of resources already looking at my stuff.

Oh well, looking forward to diving into it.

HardRojo

Bonchan dominated Infil so bad lol.
Daigo lost a close match against Dogura's Urien earlier, but damn his Guile is looking a lot more mobile and aggressive.

So I got 3 weeks before Tekken 7 hits, and have decided I could spend that time on Street Fighter V, since I don't think I've gotten my money's worth out of this game yet. I played a lot and wrote down a lot of notes during the launch period but have since forgotten most if not all of it. What is the best way to get back into this game, and which resources should I look for and make use of?

I am going main Charlie Nash as I did back then and have found his move list, so I plan on practicing movement and spacing by taking a closer look at Juicebox's explanation of Footsies and practice against offline as well as online opponents. I do not care if I win or lose, but rather that I take something away from my matches that I can use.

I've found a bunch of bookmarks I've been saving from when I first played SFV - oh, and by the way, Street Fighter V is my first Street Fighter - and I got this B'nB for Charlie or a whole series, a Tutorial #1 and Tutorial #2, more about his soul-stealing and bankrupting my opponents meter, combo videos, and oh man, I actually got a ton of resources already looking at my stuff.

Oh well, looking forward to diving into it.

Hit up Gief's Gym.
Really good resources all around, most of which are applicable in other games too!

Also, here's one for Nash to get you started.

I hope Ibuki's getting a big nerf with this 2.5 Patch
Ibuki is fine. More buffs instead of nerfs. I would literally take no nerfs to Balrog, Laura, Ibuki and Cammy if it meant that Capcom were forced to take another look at Juri, Alex and Nash exclusively. Ryu might be fine (needs donkey kick and could maybe use a slight v-trigger duration buff) and I just don't know enough about (or see for that matter) Fang.

Screw the nerfs

Laura needs less options. She has like 6 different option after a c.throw. it makes me question the existence of Alex. Why wasn't she the main character of SF3?

Hyun Sai

Laura needs less options. She has like 6 different option after a c.throw. it makes me question the existence of Alex. Why wasn't she the main character of SF3?

People without fireballs need more options, so that's why compared to Alex Laura got all those... Wait...

KingBroly

Banned
Ibuki is fine. More buffs instead of nerfs. I would literally take no nerfs to Balrog, Laura, Ibuki and Cammy if it meant that Capcom were forced to take another look at Juri, Alex and Nash exclusively. Ryu might be fine (needs donkey kick and could maybe use a slight v-trigger duration buff) and I just don't know enough about (or see for that matter) Fang.

Screw the nerfs

They need to Buff the shit out of Fang, Alex and Juri. Those characters are damn near useless.

I don't know much about SF history, but SF3 feels to me like it was made more to appeal to America while pulling the international and Japanese audiences right along. Why else would they make a huge blonde who is into military stuff the MC? Of all the SF3 characters he interests me the most because making him the MC alongside Ryu will feel like it came out of left field no matter how I look at it. Like... grappler, huge, military buff and into wrestling? The core staff must have really loved Hulk Hogan lol.
They need to Buff the shit out of Fang, Alex and Juri. Those characters are damn near useless.
That ship has sailed. At this point you either stick with them, switch to someone new or just play something else. No matter where I go from here in SFV I'm not going to wait for buffs anymore and neither should Infiltration lol.
what are her 6 different options after command throw?
The word "like" would imply he didn't mean it literally.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Ed is fun, and feels pretty strong but, man, they need to up the range on psycho upper so conversions on it are more reliable, especially with how absurdly bad on whiff it is.

Baleoce

As sceptical about Ed in SFV as I was at first (after seeing his movelist), I'm coming around to the concept of being able to focus on movement without an execution barrier so to speak. Especially for people new to SF in general that's a good core starting point. Not having to worry on pad (which let's face it is predominant atm) about execution, just movement / fundamentals.

I just tried Juri for the 1st time (I have the S1 pass, I just never tried her), and what the hell have they done to her on this? I was never the biggest fan of Juri on 4, but the I have no idea what I'm doing dog applies to me right now.

Top Bottom