• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Why are ya'll rage quitting during a beta.

01098350d50d24add3ea710c3c128842b978bfe862c6afe335cd73587bceadec65a65d0a.jpg

salt has no logic

MechaX

What in the everlasting fuck is with this matchmaking in ranked

No game, I don't want to get pounded into the pavement by Super/Ultra Bronze players right now without having a concept on why I'm getting bodied No, I don't want to play people who can barely even throw out hadokens. I just want to fight people actually around my goddamn skill level without these wild variances

Ed is pretty fun too bad my normal SFV isn't working so I can take him to training mode but oh well. I'm upset that big picture mode won't work with SFV and I got to turn off controller config for my controllers to work. Its stupid.

mbpm1

tried a more hit and run style with ed today.

I did better until people got closer and then I lost just as hard due to specials missing and low damage off of lights.

this character is hard

MCD250

This Australian tournament on Twitch is dope. They're doing pools right now and just had Xian and Gamerbee matches. Bonchan is on right now.

Birdie being able to AA better is such a treat. I know I said it already but god damn having better AA options should be a thing across the board.
Ed and Guile are what Alex, Ryu and Juri should have been in season 2 AA-wise. The kid is hard to jump in on, but seemingly fair enough. Some people also think Urien isn't all that strong in the AA department, but his headbutt and cr.HP (especially this) get the job done pretty well.
I don't think it's a scapegoat. I just think your original argument (SG can do it!) is an oversimplification. I'm not hand waving problems with SFV away like they can't be helped. MKX has better netcode and it's graphically comparable to SFV (although artistically inferior). It could be an issue more with UE4, even, as Tekken 7 is having some of the same issues as SFV (long ass load times) whereas UE3 games seem to run better (Xrd, MKX, Injustice, etc.).

Yeah, SG is pretty complex but it's still sprites textured on flat 3D models. Regardless, I imagine SG runs very efficiently based only on how nitpicky Mike Z is about fighting game design (which is great). He'll probably still be fine tuning it long after it stops being played entirely.
I've just run into this argument way too much not to immediately see it as another excuse from people is all. Come SF6 it wouldn't surprise me if people start blaming UE5 for SF6's woes. Also, now that you mention all those UE3 games it reminds me that most of them are practically at the end of UE3's life. By then I would expect the people using them to be pretty good at figuring out what to do with the engine. It's a whole other experience compared to starting from scratch with UE4. In that sense it might be more a familiarity and experience issue than something wrong with UE4. Just one way to look at it.

Ed and Guile are what Alex, Ryu and Juri should have been in season 2 AA-wise. The kid is hard to jump in on, but seemingly fair enough. Some people also think Urien isn't all that strong in the AA department, but his headbutt and cr.HP (especially this) get the job done pretty well.

Ryu and Juri at least have a DP buff. Daigo thinks that, along with the changes to the rest of the cast and Ryu himself, will place him around mid tier. Juri needs more, even if her DPs are better. She's still a shit character lol.

And Urien's AAs are alright. His headbutt requires more spacing than other AAs but his cr hp is fine.

MCD250

Feel lile Juri will probably be able to do some Guile upside down kick type shenanigans with the DP changes.

Well, her fireball isn't nearly as good as his so her shenanigans will probably be the poverty version.

Pompadour

Ok. Just wondering. I remember when Guile and Alex were unlocked, we got to keep whatever money we made..be it survival or trials. So not this time. Got it. Thanks, y'all.

That was a concession due to Capcom fucking up with their Zenny system. This is a beta. I imagine people would be pissed if they lost LP fucking around with Ed.

That was a concession due to Capcom fucking up with their Zenny system. This is a beta. I imagine people would be pissed if they lost LP fucking around with Ed.

Understood. Yeah, was just curious, really. The fact that it logged me in with my money intact made me curious. Appreciate the responses.

Blueblur1

So I've watched some replays in the CFN Beta client. The shadow dithering is still there but in very very very tiny spots - such as around the straps of Laura's Battle Costume. Compared to the crazy amount of dithering that used to be visible its a non-issue.

I've also noticed that the game is looking nicer on my 4K TV. Image quality seems slightly better and so does the UI; not seeing artifacts I see in the regular game (since the PS4 Pro just upscales the game from its native res). It has me wondering, maybe the CFN Beta has PS4 Pro support? I have to switch to the regular version to compare.

Capcom has went a whole day without majorly fucking up the servers or having to go on maintenance. Part of me hopes that happens so we aren't dealing with it during 2.1 launch.

MCD250

Switching between Eleague and the Aussie tourney. I think I'd forgotten Yukadon switched to Ibuki.

Chris T vs Phenom now.

General Fighting Game GAF Discord for anyone interested (quote to reveal):

Numb is posting in it quite a bit right now for all his trash talk against it. ;-)

Numb

General Fighting Game GAF Discord for anyone interested (quote to reveal):

Numb is posting in it quite a bit right now for all his trash talk against it. ;-)
*cough'
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";236659944]Yeah the FGC discord is a great way to experience all my undeserved bragging and comparing everything to Jojo's.[/QUOTE]

You had to find a place to vent your Jojo's after they denied you FGC OT's eh

Top Bottom