• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

I would rather they make his fireball better or give him something like the ability to charge his fireballs always (no guard break on fully charged unless in V-Trigger) and the ability to cancel the fireball charge into a backdash.

mbpm1

If ryu was so good in s1 how come we didn't see more high level players and how come he barely won anything hm? Maybe bc he wasn't actually that good and you're all just scrubs!

Nah s1 ryu was cheap af

Akuma is the closet thing to S1 Ryu.

He has that Jab AA
Throw Loop
Cr.MP
A parry that is actually good.
And his EX Demon Flip as a free get out of the corner than his teleport.

Scotia

Banned
To be honest the only thing that I think has a good chance to be announced today is maybe a 30th Anniversary art book and an updated character guide to include the SFV characters.

His jumping lk was the most bullshit thing about him (mainly because unlike Jab AA and throw loops, that was a Ryu only thing).

God I so fucking hate the balancing in this game. Nerf Ryu to the ground and remove his throw loop, but still let ken and other characters keep theirs. WHY?

mbpm1

His jumping lk was the most bullshit thing about him (mainly because unlike Jab AA and throw loops, that was a Ryu only thing).

God I so fucking hate the balancing in this game. Nerf Ryu to the ground and remove his throw loop, but still let ken and other characters keep theirs. WHY?
They didn't see anything wrong with these concepts in general, only with them on ryu probably

qacR5wB.gif

MCD250

It was comple bullshit. I still remember that one tournament match where Tokido (I think it was) hit a Guile (might have been Nuckledu?) with a crossup jLK from like three feet away for the win. It was ridiculous. That and his anti-air 3f jab were probably the most irritating things about him in S1.

But I liked that he was so fuckin' strong. His damage output was great. His fireball sucked, and he was kinda slow and stubby, but yeah. He still has decent damage, and I think he's generally stubbier (though his new sLK is really good) but his fireball still sucks and he still can't zone for anything.

LakeEarth

Low tier Alex lost his anti-air jab, but high-tier Necalli didn't. Stop trying to make sense of things.

Teh Lurv

Sometimes I think Capcom is tweaking the balancing just to discourage high-level tournament players from using old & tired characters like Ryu & Chun for the flashy new SFV characters (
except FANG, no one wants to see FANG.
)

It will forever bug me that Alex's Battle Costume colour 15 gives him black hair but keeps his eyebrows blonde. It makes him look like he's wearing a garbage bag on his head.

JusDoIt

Sometimes I think Capcom is tweaking the balancing just to discourage high-level tournament players from using old & tired characters like Ryu & Chun for the flashy new SFV characters (
except FANG, no one wants to see FANG.
)

Sometimes I think Capcom is tweaking the balancing just so we can have nine characters in top 8 at Evo.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The one thing I don't like about Gears of War 2 Street Fighter V is that it's almost too good balanced.

Balancing is done so booty ass characters don't make it on the screen.

Who didn't make it in the Top 128?

That's right, Juri, Ryu, and like one Alex slipped by.

Good characters only.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, just ctrl+f man.

97. PandaTV|Sooa (Juri)

65. SB|Dieminion (F.A.N.G, Ed)
97. eSPR|Mono (F.A.N.G)

Pompadour

The one thing I don't like about Gears of War 2 Street Fighter V is that it's almost too good balanced.

I do wonder if people actually like unbalanced games better. A lot of people's all-time favorite fighting games were extremely unbalanced.

Maybe not anymore in the internet age where obviously broken shit can be patched and player feed back and match footage is more available to devs.

TronWayne

Sometime's I'll play a Juri and they'll pull out some crazy multi-special move combo that makes me want to try the character. At least until I realize she does less damage than Chun and doesn't have the range.

Top Bottom