• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Scotia

Banned
Guys... guys I finally did it. I hit Gold for the first time ever!
6ki8rsvu

This might sound lame AF but those of you who know me know I cared very much about reaching this small goal. Well after really applying myself to learn new tech and only playing when I feel well enough to do so, woo! it happened.

Going through a bit of a tough time both physically and emotionally and I'd be lying if I said this rank didn't mean much to me lol. It's given me a smile and a boost, all I do is play and watch fighters.

So happy right now.

Congratulations!

reposting mnz from the fighting game headquarters thread.

I'm pretty sure the beta had this working until the game came out.

Out of all the 100+ hours I put in the beta, I only experience lag 4 separate time. That is with ATT ISP and a laptop with a 6770m and I5 with medium and low setting with resolution scaling at 50. Then the game came out and had to put everything on the lowest setting.

And Uverse has shit like interleaving that adds 20ms into latency.

Now I have a better ISP and paying half the price and build my own PC and it made no difference.

SFV netcode made me timid. From making max damage punishes to "I'm just going to press jab on this -6 move... he blocked it"

6ki8rsvu

This might sound lame AF but those of you who know me know I cared very much about reaching this small goal. Well after really applying myself to learn new tech and only playing when I feel well enough to do so, woo! it happened.

Going through a bit of a tough time both physically and emotionally and I'd be lying if I said this rank didn't mean much to me lol. It's given me a smile and a boost, all I do is play and watch fighters.

So happy right now.
I'm glad you proved your tag wrong!

Scotia

Banned
Do you have a list of who you're missing?

Chun Li Costumes 5 and 7

Ken Costume 4

Zangief Costume 2

R. Mika Costumes 1, 3 and 4

Nash Costume 3

Cammy Costume 5

Ibuki Costumes 1 and 4

Vega Costume 2

I think that's it.

EDIT: By using the numbers I mean that default costume is 0, story costume is 1, battle costume is 2 ect.

These CFN portal avatars are so slick. SFV costumes are an entirely different planet than SF4 ones. Man, I'd own all this shit if there were bundles. I'd be living in a box, but at least I'd have tons of cool alternates to mess around with during casuals.

Chun Li Costumes 5 and 7

Ken Costume 4

Zangief Costume 2

R. Mika Costumes 1, 3 and 4

Nash Costume 3

Cammy Costume 5

Ibuki Costumes 1 and 4

I think that's it.

EDIT: By using the numbers I mean that default costume is 0, story costume is 1, battle costume is 2 ect.
Some of the numbers are incorrect FYI. (I'm assuming this is an error on Capcom's part.) You do have all of Chun, Ken, and Nash's current outfits.

One of Claw's costumes is also missing though.

Everything about this update looks great.

New stages are fantastic, new music (I don't like Metal/Abigail's theme but I still do appreciate them going for it), general impressions of Abigail are very positive. New CFN website updates also look great, they finally have a reason for pretty much shutting V-League down but it's still no where near as in depth & useful as V-League was, BUT, I'm happy they took a step forward to do something. Official frame data (locked behind a login smh) is also a great addition, even though you can find frame data all over the internet + their frame data might not even be correct, I'm still glad they added it on.

New costumes are also great.

I really do feel like SFV is just a few steps away from greatness. My only issues really lie in some gameplay
(okay a lot of gameplay)
issues & the netcode still being quite tragic.

Scotia

Banned
Some of the numbers are incorrect FYI. (I'm assuming this is an error on Capcom's part.) You do have all of Chun, Ken, and Nash's current outfits.

One of Claw's costumes is also missing though.

Yeah, I've just been going off the order of numbers the images save in. Like, this is how Ken's have gone:

I thought Ken didn't have another costume, but the obvious lack of a 4 confused me lol

6ki8rsvu

So happy right now.
And I'll be happy to strip it from you. Knock you back down to Bronze if I have to.

Nah I'm just playing. Congrats man, it's a good feeling. Proves you're kinda decent at the game.

MCD250

I'm digging Juri's little jacket on her nostalgia costume more than I thouggt I would. I like how it hangs loose on her back. Kinda has a spider web/Morticia Adams vibe.

Everything about this update looks great.

New stages are fantastic, new music (I don't like Metal/Abigail's theme but I still do appreciate them going for it), general impressions of Abigail are very positive. New CFN website updates also look great, they finally have a reason for pretty much shutting V-League down but it's still no where near as in depth & useful as V-League was, BUT, I'm happy they took a step forward to do something. Official frame data (locked behind a login smh) is also a great addition, even though you can find frame data all over the internet + their frame data might not even be correct, I'm still glad they added it on.

New costumes are also great.

I really do feel like SFV is just a few steps away from greatness. My only issues really lie in some gameplay
(okay a lot of gameplay)
issues & the netcode still being quite tragic.
Capcom can make SFV great again with a good selection of returning vets and smart balance changes come season 3. Literally can't wait for December.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Is there a way (a mod or something), to always have the game start with the jacket on Alex's alt? And change it to jacket-less when using the code input?

Is there a way (a mod or something), to always have the game start with the jacket on Alex's alt? And change it to jacket-less when using the code input?

No they always have the main design they go with and then the alternate thats accessed through the costume code.

Maybe in a later update they can add in the choice, but for right now you need to use the code.

Neoxon

6ki8rsvu

So happy right now.
Congrats on obtaining Gold Experience. Next stop, Star Platinum!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
azpqA1W.png

So what's wrong with Ken's face, again?
It's not as nicely proportioned as Ryu's. Aside from the way it's posed and lit in many situations being an issue, I think the stupid "bared teeth" pose on the character select screen does it a massive disservice. Add the banana hair and you've got yourself a meme going.

No they always have the main design they go with and then the alternate thats accessed through the costume code.

Maybe in a later update they can add in the choice, but for right now you need to use the code.
While I appreciate the inherent nerdiness of having to enter codes for alternate versions of costumes, I do hope they eventually add an option to select them manually.

Besides convenience, it also prevents some oversights like not being able to have both characters use their special alts in Training mode or 1P vs. CPU mode.

While I appreciate the inherent nerdiness of having to enter codes for alternate versions of costumes, I do hope they eventually add an option to select them manually.

Besides convenience, it also prevents some oversights like not being able to have both characters use their special alts in Training mode or 1P vs. CPU mode.

I want this so much.
There are several where I only want to use the alternative version, like Ryu's Red Bull costume, and it annoys me every time I forget to punch in the code.

Top Bottom