• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Edzi

His keep away game is gonna be a problem...the range of his normals stuffs every attempt to go on the offensive.

GGs.

Yeah, but he has zero defense so I think (hope? lol) it'll balance out. Still, what got you in the end was throwing out unsafe moves. All I did in the Mika set was wait and punish.

Femto.

I feel you there. I still have Karin in my back pocket in case I face any Guiles. And my local scene hasn't met up all summer, so I'm also kinda rusty on my Urien hit confirms. That said, I'm surprised by your thoughts on Urien vs. Laura, usually Lauras give me a hard time. But I guess they're more Neoxon counters than Urien counters.

As for the other characters I play, I sub Karin & I have a pocket Ibuki. I played FANG, Chun-Li, Ryu, Cammy, Alex, Guile early on, but I'm kinda rusty at all of them.

It's the aegis pressure that gives me a hard time with with Laura since she has no reversal.

Karin would be good practice I feel, she has better whiff punishes than Cammy imo. My local scene has 1 Urien, 1 Guile, 2 Chuns, 4 Karins, and 1 Laura.

Definitely need more exposure lol

When's Super Arcade?

MCD250

Haven't noticed if it happens while fighting, but the framerate in the new CPT stage seems to take a hit during the character's victory animation at the end of a match.

Xeteh

Command Run, Grab. The CPU cannot handle it. Just keep spamming the run on the knockdown and grab em when they wakeup....you'll just keep running even if they do a delayed wakeup and just grab em.

I beat Easy 4 mins, and Normal in 7 mins.

Man, it seems so hit or miss. It took me 11:40 to beat Normal and around 80% of the time the AI wouldn't react at all to the run, just crouch and eat the grab. The other 20% of the time the moment I started running they'd neutral jump or jump over me repeatedly.

Zerojul

The big guy is quite fun and the fact that he dwarves Zangief amuses me quite a bit. His damage output is insane.
His theme is obnoxious af though, and I say that as a big metalhead. Loud and uninspired imho.

『Inaba Resident』;244521939 said:
Any pics of Alex's nostalgia costume colors (with the jacket)?
25_nos06.jpg

You can see more colours here

The new CFN is nice!
That site is getting better and better.

The replay on knock-down bug in training mode has been fixed according to their issue tracker.

Also, the game now remembers your costume choices for all characters. Previously it would only remember your last choice, so this makes it work like in USFIV. That a honestly a nice QOL improvement, even if small.

And for all Abigail lobby warriors. Press X, left bumper, up, and then A for VROOOOM! SCREEEEECH!

EDIT: LOL. Your profile on CFN even shows what costume you are using:

Ucchedavāda;244522719 said:
Also, the game now remembers your costume choices for all characters. Previously it would only remember your last choice, so this makes it work like in USFIV. That a honestly a nice QOL improvement, even if small.

I've honestly been wanting for this to happen.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first I'm hearing of whatever this is: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/joinedguide/
This is what I always wanted out of CFN! Slooooowly they are getting there.

Pretty interesting stuff. Combines all the supplement sites and apps features and goes beyond with stuff like this:

k_003.jpg

logo_old05.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on this. Hail Lord Bipson!
wowww

this is sooooo good. all the costumes and everything
That part isn't new, though!? The CFN site had that for a while.

Guile's CPT costume looks so badass with the costume code. Was not expecting a skull bandana and scarf, wow.
WHY WOULD THEY NOT SHOW IT LIKE THAT??

This looks so much more interesting now.

So how do you get out of it?

edit:
Oh and Harrison says in the blog post "That's it for July, but stay tuned for August!", so I guess there will be something.

edit:
Oh and Harrison says in the blog post "That's it for July, but stay tuned for August!", so I guess there will be something.

August 30th is the 30th anniversary, so it would be surprising, even for Capcom, if they did not have anything in store for SFV.

And I'm not counting the 30k FM. That sounds like bait to me, to make sure that you go login.

Zerojul

Ucchedavāda;244525095 said:
August 30th is the 30th anniversary, so it would be surprising, even for Capcom, if they did not have anything in store for SFV.

And I'm not counting the 30k FM. That sounds like bait to me, to make sure that you go login.

That's actually my birthday, too !
I'm older than the game though.
Hope they have something sweet planned but I'm not holding my hopes up.

Abigail's trials done, trickier than I expected.

The timing on charged moves in VT were a bit tricky, yeah.

Abigail has a bunch of annoying stuff, but what I hate most is his jump. It's like he barely gets off the ground and his forward jump is a KOF short hop. It seems to cover the same distance as dashes in this game. I've gotten blown up many times because I tried to DP a jumping Abigail who stuck out his feet, but it still whiffed because he barely moved forward.

Beil

in the end, I think the default Abigail costume is the superior one

the others cover too much his face, which is great, or cover the action ever more with those gigantic tires

I actually agree, the alts cover up the brilliant modelling and animation of his grotesque, leering teeth and gums, big flappy lips and piggy little eyes.

Whoa this page got hot since I last pressed preview. :eek:

Village

They should put those in the game, so your win loose portraits look different

If they wanted to get wild, they could make the stances each costume has on the loading screen be different ( it might actually fix kens face)

Top Bottom