• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

I played Abigail's story and I have no idea what the hell happened in it.

He's just pissing around and people show up and fight him?

It was especially insane that Juri wanted to fight him because she thought he called her flat.

Mizerman

I've been busy for the whole day and this is what happens on GAF - A Nintendo fanboy thread comparing sales between a casual 3D arena based game with a more intermediate to advanced 2D fighting game. All this while ignoring every other popular FG franchise in existence.

Essentially, the same folks have nothing else to do.

Shadoken

So am guessing Gamescom is gonna be SF 30th anniv edition announcement ?and possibly Menat reveal trailer? maybe even some new features.

vulva

I played Abigail's story and I have no idea what the hell happened in it.

He's just pissing around and people show up and fight him?

It was especially insane that Juri wanted to fight him because she thought he called her flat.

Yeah it was kinda goofball. reminded me a lot of uncharted

kikiribu

I've been busy for the whole day and this is what happens on GAF - A Nintendo fanboy thread comparing sales between a casual 3D arena based game with a more intermediate to advanced 2D fighting game. All this while ignoring every other popular FG franchise in existence.

The gaming side wont be quiet until each and every one of us goes there and posts.
The real sad thing is that the majority of them seem to come out the woodwork the moment they see something negative about Capcom get posted. Names you've never seen before. Names you've never seen post in official thread. It's like an alarm goes off for them, "alright guys it's that time of the week. time to take shots at a company we hate and haven't supported since forever. fuck RE7 and fuck SF5!!"

And yet, it happened earlier that a poster was genuinely concerned about Nintendo making a lot of anti-player decisions lately, which I agree with. Thread gets locked, mod laughs it off and calls it an uninteresting thread.

Firstly, screw SFV PC version for being an absolute nightmare to debug sometimes.

Secondly, shoutouts to the Capcom team for making easily the best designed DLC character so far. Abigail is stupid fun.

I especially love how he gets actual oki. I missed that w/ Birdie.

Even his CC punishes are interesting. And a bit godlike at the moment. An optimal CC punish with one EX and VT activation leaves Abigail only needing one hit or an EX throw to get a stun. He is extremely swingy.

LakeEarth

Some dude who hates me for posting a vid of him dropping on YouTube keeps sending me requests to join a battle lounge. I want to add him to my block list, but the option to add him to favorites (which you have to do to block someone) is greyed out and unclickable. Any reason for this?

Edit - derp, it's cause I added him to my favorites. Must've done it before the block list existed.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Alright guys. I mentioned in this thread earlier that I have never, ever, in 20+ years of gaming, put more than an hour or two into a "real" fighter. I don't know why, but the current multiplayer climate just drives me nuts, so I'm giving Street Fighter V a shot.

I picked up a Razer Panthera and am playing SFV on PC. I'm doing the demonstrations with Ken, and I'm legit already stuck on the third one:

Jump HP
Standing MP
Crouching MK
Hadoken

I've been at this for 45 minutes and can't get the combo. Am I borderline mentally handicapped, or is this normal for a newbie? I knew this game would be HARD, but I figured I could get through a no-pressure combo that outlines the controls for me.

I can get the first three in a row. So, to improve, I broke it up. Jump HP -> Standing MP. Did this like 25 times successfully. Then Standing MP t-> Crouching MK... this was harder, but I got the hang of it. Then, the toughest for me, is getting the Crouch K to a Hado. But I can get it like 40% of the time.

But for the absolute life of me, I can't get all four.

I know, Baby's first fighter and all that. Just want to make sure I'm going about this right. I don't mind practicing... but I dunno... I just don't want to play something that I'm just naturally never gonna "get."

Alright guys. I mentioned in this thread earlier that I have never, ever, in 20+ years of gaming, put more than an hour or two into a "real" fighter. I don't know why, but the current multiplayer climate just drives me nuts, so I'm giving Street Fighter V a shot.

I picked up a Razer Panthera and am playing SFV on PC. I'm doing the demonstrations with Ken, and I'm legit already stuck on the third one:

Jump HP
Standing MP
Crouching MK
Hadoken

I've been at this for 45 minutes and can't get the combo. Am I borderline mentally handicapped, or is this normal for a newbie? I knew this game would be HARD, but I figured I could get through a no-pressure combo that outlines the controls for me.

I can get the first three in a row. So, to improve, I broke it up. Jump HP -> Standing MP. Did this like 25 times successfully. Then Standing MP t-> Crouching MK... this was harder, but I got the hang of it. Then, the toughest for me, is getting the Crouch K to a Hado. But I can get it like 40% of the time.

I know, Baby's first fighter and all that. Just want to make sure I'm going about this right. I don't mind practicing... but I dunno... I just don't want to play something that I'm just naturally never gonna "get."

It just takes time. Don't expect to get it in one evening. Practice for an hour, do something else, come back to it, etc. It's like studying, honestly.

Zackat

Jump HP
Standing MP
Crouching MK
Hadoken

you are going about it correctly in breaking the combo in to parts. it just takes time to do all of it right

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
It just takes time. Don't expect to get it in one evening. Practice for an hour, do something else, come back to it, etc. It's like studying, honestly.

you are going about it correctly in breaking the combo in to parts. it just takes time to do all of it right

Cool - thank you both for the quick replies. I have no false illusions of being even "okay" for my first few months/100+ hours. I know it takes years of practice to even be considered decent - and I'm coming in head first into the cold water.

I just wanted to make sure I'm not completely stupid and the "difficulty" starts very, very early. Sounds like it does. Appreciate the comment about it being like studying - that helps a lot. I can remember many weeks of telling myself to take a break - do something else - and just slowly absorb the homework over time. And then somehow, come test time, you had everything you needed.

Zackat

Cool - thank you both for the quick replies. I have no false illusions of being even "okay" for my first few months/100+ hours. I know it takes years of practice to even be considered decent - and I'm coming in head first into the cold water.

I just wanted to make sure I'm not completely stupid and the "difficulty" starts very, very early. Sounds like it does. Appreciate the comment about it being like studying - that helps a lot. I can remember many weeks of telling myself to take a break - do something else - and just slowly absorb the homework over time. And then somehow, come test time, you had everything you needed.

yep, pretty much.

Like the new character Abigail came out a few days ago, and I am trying to learn all the stuff about him. I am completely ass at him. I just do a little bit every day and will eventually be able to play him. I was actually very new to fighting games besides being a button masher a couple months before SFV released so I know how you feel.

Zackat

But...the X-men are 90's garbage bin fodder, so I thought people would be pleased...?

Make up your mind FGC! Do you want more 90's in your MvCi or not?

images

double post and it was for a good cause

jett

D-Member

I suggest looking up character tutorials on YouTube versus trying to learn by doing the challenges.

Numb

Just turn everything into functions
Who plays Vs games cos of you wanting to see a character you like beat the shit out of another character from another franchise

jett

D-Member
I really need to stop engaging with these random-ass SFV haters. These people can't even admit this game animates a shit-ton better than SF4.

Top Bottom