• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

vulva

C_5jUZ0UIAAPz3q.jpg:large

Kashiwaba

Deleted This game (again). Last time I got back in because of the whole Kolin hype and she's definitely fun but she doesn't somehow remove the faults in the game's system.

At least this time IJ2 is coming out in a few days and I'll be on that. Followed by T7 in June.

Hopefully I won't touch this game again until it's fixed.

Again 😂 i guess you never learn.

Edzi

Deleted This game (again). Last time I got back in because of the whole Kolin hype and she's definitely fun but she doesn't somehow remove the faults in the game's system.

At least this time IJ2 is coming out in a few days and I'll be on that. Followed by T7 in June.

Hopefully I won't touch this game again until it's fixed.

It's amazing to me how Injustice can be a replacement to street fighter for you. I don't get it.

Bigg_Oggy

It's amazing to me how Injustice can be a replacement to street fighter for you. I don't get it.
Can't blame him considering the difference in netcode. SFV gameplay is fantastic, but with the netcode the way it is, I can see people looking towards something else.

Injustice 2?

https://youtu.be/U_rAfChjQuY

lol

jk they hotfix their game so it probably won't make it in after release

For anyone who missed the recent Japanese 3v3 tourney:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/142612397 (ignore the Smash Brothers tag, it's SF5)

Some awesome matches. MOV's team vs Nemo's team at the 5:06:00 mark is really exciting.

Crazy how many awesome events go unnoticed by the west. Another one this weekend with the RAGE esports event:
https://twitter.com/Gunfight57/status/863996255000711169
Gunfight will be there, so hopefully his Alex puts in work.

Because nobody promotes the events. HiFight will clip stuff from them but otherwise that's about it.

Which does suck, because some ridiculous matches get dropped and it makes me wonder what damage some of those people could do if they traveled.

Yeah with seven other patches that week.

No but seriously NRS please go easy on the patches this time.

Of course there is. But it's also gonna be patched promptly.

Look guys, I'm not gonna defend my choices. I'm simply not having fun with the game so I'm just not gonna play it for a while.

I'd honestly rather you take a break. People should be cycling through two or three fighting games to lessen burnout. Shit, I love SFV and I dabble in Gundam Full Boost from time to time and plan to shit around Tekken. Gotta freshen shit up.

Lulubop

who early top tier injustice? I know pros been lowkey touching this game for a minute.

Also Capcom needa announce when they bringing out Ed, the beta seemed like a success

MrCarter

Of course there is. But it's also gonna be patched promptly.

Look guys, I'm not gonna defend my choices. I'm simply not having fun with the game so I'm just not gonna play it for a while.

That's upto you, but you also need to realise a lot of people don't care about injustice in a SF thread so there is bound to be some conflict lol. It's not for me but glad to see you are enjoying that game :p

MrCarter

What is this even supposed to prove?

Not sure why he's posting that but the actual video is good in presenting how NRS animations are objectively poor. Does that affect ones enjoyment of a video game? Of course not. I know a lot of people like to shit on NRS (and Capcom) for various things but at the end of the day just play and enjoy what you want and fuck the rest.

Registration closed now? Nice to see Skull Girls being so high up on the list.
About two years ago Skullgirls players collectively just decided Combo Breaker was the friendliest tournament for them and more or less made that their EVO instead. A good showing for a five year old game.

patching is part of the metagame with NRS. It's like a stage hazard in real life!

I recall someone mentioning how a character got heavily nerfed in the middle of a tournament lol. I think it was LPN or something.

who early top tier injustice? I know pros been lowkey touching this game for a minute.

Also Capcom needa announce when they bringing out Ed, the beta seemed like a success

Yo that beta is fucking done. No big errors, no maintenance, that shit is cooked and ready to serve.

I'm gonna flip if we don't get it this month.

The ironic part was that, either it was me finally coming to grips with pad (pun intended) or the time i've put facing the CPU on lvl 7 -> training room-> casuals has been paying off, or a combination of everything, but I had an easier time competing in the ranked matches I did to hit Gold than I was the casual matches.

Zackat

I am right in this shitty spot between gold and ultra silver that I just can't break through lol. I am doing a bit better every day though. Then some Silver ranked Gief takes all my points because I am free to him.

The ironic part was that, either it was me finally coming to grips with pad (pun intended) or the time i've put facing the CPU on lvl 7 -> training room-> casuals has been paying off, or a combination of everything, but I had an easier time competing in the ranked matches I did to hit Gold than I was the casual matches.

I know it's taboo to practice against the CPU (heh), but it can get you less afraid to pull off combos and confirm shit.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I know it's taboo to practice against the CPU (heh), but it can get you less afraid to pull off combos and confirm shit.

At the very least it keeps you engaged and sharp while you wait for matches. When I do it I just focus on defense and counterattacking rather than trying to beat the CPU, since that would just entail practicing tactics that won't work the same way on a human.

mbpm1

CPU practice was what i did all the time to learn new characters back in sfiv

it didn't really work bc i sucked but it did with sfv a bit

Got bored doing it here tho bc no arcade mode

Bob White

The Balrog AI in Ultra SF4 is really good at helping with whiff punishing. The AI is juuust right. Not too derp with random specials and not too derp with random jumps. Just a lot of stand hp and sweeps.

Mizerman

Yeah with seven other patches that week.

No but seriously NRS please go easy on the patches this time.

That's one of my main issues with NRS. They tend to overdo it with their patches at times.

Right? Seems like they're starting to get their shit together on that front. Now they need to keep going.

MechaX

Took a break from the game for a couple of days, and I'm feeling like I need to force myself back into the Bronze Meat Grinder so I don't lose interest/muscle memory. Such a shame that I can still do shit like Melee wavedash after 3+ years of not playing, but yet any Cammy headway I could make will probably be gone in like two weeks if I don't push forward. I feel like I am mentally *close* to breaking through Bronze, but I still need to get a grasp on what works and what doesn't on a reflexive level in the game.

Of course, I wouldn't be in this situation if Capcom just made Juri... well, not at all what she's like in this game. Then I could just play on waifu value alone.

Onemic

Took a break from the game for a couple of days, and I'm feeling like I need to force myself back into the Bronze Meat Grinder so I don't lose interest/muscle memory. Such a shame that I can still do shit like Melee wavedash after 3+ years of not playing, but yet any Cammy headway I could make will probably be gone in like two weeks if I don't push forward. I feel like I am mentally *close* to breaking through Bronze, but I still need to get a grasp on what works and what doesn't on a reflexive level in the game.

Of course, I wouldn't be in this situation if Capcom just made Juri... well, not at all what she's like in this game. Then I could just play on waifu value alone.

Im still down for matches if you want.

Top Bottom