• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

DunpealD

mnt.png

That reminds me, if somebody would photoshop Kiryu into the crystal ball, it might make it a suitable avatar for lettucebruceTwelve.

joe2187

Banned
That reminds me, instead of Oni, or Evil or Bad or Violent characters....I want...

Red Bull Ryu to be a separate character. Along with Jersey Shore Chun. Give them breakdancing movesets. Who needs to be evil, when being from Jersey is just as bad.

DmXxyUS.png

Shadoken

I would like that too, but he seemed like an old school kind of ... dude.

Let Guy have his sneakers, it's like his only defining characteristic.

Lol what? He didnt even have that in Final Fight. By that logic hardly anyone in SF ( outside of SF2 ) have a defining characteristic. It is probably the thing that stands out the most , but so many other characters/costumes wear sneakers too now.

Also Zeku also seemed to wear sneaker in A2 , but maybe its different now since the SFV art says otherwise.

street_fighter_alpha_2_guy_s_ending_by_ninja_ricky-d6rq78y.jpg

JusDoIt

I hope her normals are very strong, because it seems like she's going to be focused on confirming buttons into crystal ball and extending combos with the reflect v-skill.

Also, I wonder what sort of variations we get with different strengths of the orb special. Different angles?

V-Trigger gotta be two bar too.

Her theme reminds me of Spyro, just with more rock.

EDIT: Also I just realized this is a new character coming out which means the character select screen will continue to look sillier by the minute yo when's SSFV to clean it up.

Producer

man im liking everything about menat. that slide, that drill, that orb. And that theme and jp va. that said i kinda felt the same about kolin though lol, hope she clicks

JusDoIt

If her down v-skill reflects fireballs at an anti-air angle she's going to be my pocket. She's basically Dhalsim and Rose's gameplay baby.

Hmmm, I wanna try Vega. Does he have a dependable AA game that won't trade?

I don't think so. Anti-airs are Vega's weakest point. C.HP (clawed & unclawed) are pretty decent at a distance, but they're terrible against close jumps. Air throw & jump back jab are also decent options for him.

Kikirin

I don't think so. Anti-airs are Vega's weakest point. C.HP (clawed & unclawed) are pretty decent at a distance, but they're terrible against close jumps. Air throw & jump back jab are also decent options for him.

Pretty much. Clawed qcb+hp is also an option, but the startup motion and length make it a bit awkward. His V-trigger can be a pretty rewarding option, too.

That reminds me, instead of Oni, or Evil or Bad or Violent characters....I want...

Red Bull Ryu to be a separate character. Along with Jersey Shore Chun. Give them breakdancing movesets. Who needs to be evil, when being from Jersey is just as bad.

DmXxyUS.png

I like that idea and I would just call this outfit Evil Ryu.

corin7

Neo Member
Spent some more time with this tonight. This is legit a solid fucking game now. I am still trash but watched a couple videos today and definitely saw some improvement. I still wish there was just a general arcade mode but matches are quick and I while I wasn't winning I didn't feel like I was just straight up getting abused by people with way higher rankings. Tragic how this game launched really enjoying it now.

TheOGB

Banned
Just now reading her move list, and seeing how her ball works with placement and extending normals... SHE'S FUCKING BEOWULF LITE

G8L60IU.gif

NEW FUCKING MAIN INCOMING HOLY SHIT

But... she's only got a qcf+p special and a srk+p special... I can see people (mostly myself) fucking those two up often.

TheOGB

Banned
Do half circles for the qcf move, and DP motion for the DP move. Don't any of you guys play Ryu?
I'm the guy that has used Ryu as a main or secondary in most of the games he's been in and still gets cr.MK into DP instead of Hadoken like 15% of the time

My execution is shit, is what I'm saying (well, maybe it's not entirely shit since I've cleared every character's Vol.1 and 2 trials, but I sure as shit ain't consistent)

Top Bottom