• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

grimmiq

I keep getting crashes while trying to do Survival Mode, anyone know a fix to UE4-Kiwigame crashes? All I can find by searching is to go to AppData and search for kiwigame and delete, but it's finding nothing.

I also get an error every time I exit along the lines of "The instruction at 0x00007f.....", doesn't seem to stop me from playing, but it's just an annoying box I have to close every time.

Yet another issue..

Playing through Trials I've noticed after a dozen or so attempts my framerate gets cut in half to 30, making characters move like they're underwater, another few attempts and this cuts in half again to 15, then to 12, then 10, lowest I got was 9fps.

Running on

i5-3570k
RX580
8GB RAM

Beil

street_fighter_alpha_2_guy_s_ending_by_ninja_ricky-d6rq78y.jpg

Imagine the memes about this artwork, if A2 had the same toxic fanbase back then that we have now.

What I do for DP is push the stick forward once and then do the qcf motion and it works (i think?

Yes, that's the DP shortcut. The game autocorrects that to a DP.

But if you want to do a fireball after moving forward, then you'll have to do a half circle motion else the game will still autocorrect that to a DP (assuming the DP and fireball is on the same button).

That's kind of the opposite of a shortcut since it's adding extraneous input, heh. It's how I originally got acclimated to doing DPs on a controller, never quite understood the whole "Z" motion on illustrated move sheets until I used a square gate stick.

The general shortcut used for DP motions that works in SFV is downforward, down, downforward; or even more simply downforward, downforward.

Shadoken

Imagine the memes about this artwork, if A2 had the same toxic fanbase back then that we have now.

what memes? You are looking at pixelated artwork of a 20+ year old game. It looks like any other game of that era.

And even then it fails to come anywhere near as bad as SFV's low points in its prologues.

Sayad

Yes, that's the DP shortcut. The game autocorrects that to a DP.

But if you want to do a fireball after moving forward, then you'll have to do a half circle motion else the game will still autocorrect that to a DP (assuming the DP and fireball is on the same button).
In KoF the trick to not getting a DPs while moving forward is to end your QCF+P motion with UF+P, DPs don't come out like that. Kinda weird that Capcom haven't implemented this in SF!

The Playstation Music playlists on Spotify for the SFV cast is honestly one of the coolest things for game. It's really fun to see the kinds of music each character likes, even if the choices aren't necessarily canon.

Of course the first song on Necalli's playlist is A7x.

Kinda weird to me that Ken's playlist is full of techno rock instead of classic metal.

Bipson's has... German industrial metal? He seemed more to me like a fan of classical and orchestral music than NDH, but it is kinda fitting.

Kinda sucks there's nothing for the DLC characters. I'd have liked to see just how "death metal" Abigail's playlist got, and whether Boxer and Ed have many differences in their taste.

Neoxon

The Playstation Music playlists on Spotify for the SFV cast is honestly one of the coolest things for game. It's really fun to see the kinds of music each character likes, even if the choices aren't necessarily canon.

Of course the first song on Necalli's playlist is A7x.

Kinda weird to me that Ken's playlist is full of techno rock instead of classic metal.

Bipson's has... German industrial metal? He seemed more to me like a fan of classical and orchestral music than NDH, but it is kinda fitting.

Kinda sucks there's nothing for the DLC characters. I'd have liked to see just how "death metal" Abigail's playlist got, and whether Boxer and Ed have many differences in their taste.
Like father, like son, I suppose.

Silav101

So what should i do against Abigails? And what is his V-Skill even?

Interested in this myself. I play Ryu, so I either throw, back the fuck away, blow EX meter, or if I feel confident, parry the guardbreaker punch.

I am scrub-tier 3k points, so most Abigail players I run into are pretty scrub, too. They all try to be funky with combos that are pretty unsafe on block. I get nailed a LOT by that goddamn axekick/heeldrop, though ayyy.

Neoxon

I should probably set up my PS4 before the Menat update drops. I had to move my stuff upstairs until the flooding in my neighborhood goes away in fear of my stuff getting fucked up (I'm in northwest Houston, in case you're wondering).

That's kind of the opposite of a shortcut since it's adding extraneous input, heh. It's how I originally got acclimated to doing DPs on a controller, never quite understood the whole "Z" motion on illustrated move sheets until I used a square gate stick.

The general shortcut used for DP motions that works in SFV is downforward, down, downforward; or even more simply downforward, downforward.

I always just spammed but came to the conclusion when I wanted to learn proper for Nash's Tragedy Assault that forward/down forward/forward worked best for me.

Blueblur1

JusDoIt

I should probably set up my PS4 before the Menat update drops. I had to move my stuff upstairs until the flooding in my neighborhood goes away in fear of my stuff getting fucked up (I'm in northwest Houston, in case you're wondering).

Peace, man. I hope Harvey didn't hit you too hard.

Top Bottom