• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Street Fighter V OTVllllll: "I would be so much better if my character didn't suck!"

lol every little forum and community I visit is the same deal. Some valid points don't get me wrong and I do my fair share of complaining, but wow I really didn't realize how universal it is until I visited other places, group chats etc..this game really needs a defense buff, every character Is too focused on offense, and getting corner position. Menat looks fun but no different unfortunately... I want mind games back man...

Almost time for my next break now that Destiny is here and Yakuza 0 should fill out the month. Please S3 don't disappoint.

Anyone wanna FT5 or FT10 let me know, I'll be off for a few months again soon.

joe2187

Banned
Forward throw

1O6W7Hw.gif

Blueblur1

Menat looks so good that a lot of the other characters look really fugly in comparison. It would be nice if they touched up the previous models for Season 3.

kirblar

Is Menat the first character to get full on race/ethnicity swap colors in SFV? They feel like they might be included in part to be templates for cosplayers w/ lighter skintones.

edit: I think one of the reasons that Menat does not have very many "true" specials is because they're deliberately leaving her kit open for easy ports to future installments. In a game without V-Skill/V-Trigger you might need to put the reflect on a motion command.

MCD250

I went on Twitter to see what people were saying about her now that she's playable. I started putting her name in the search bar and the first three suggestions that popped up were:

Menat

Menat sfv

Menat feet

I see what's going on.

mbpm1

Menat looks good. Tanya esque flexibility Kreygasm. Too bad I can't play until Monday but I suppose that'll weed out the wave of people playing her

Soulstar

After seeing all of her colors I have to say that I love all of Menat's costumes and can easily see myself rotating between all three.

Is Menat the first character to get full on race/ethnicity swap colors in SFV? They feel like they might be included in part to be templates for cosplayers w/ lighter skintones.

Cammy, Ed, etc. have dark skin tone colors...Laura has some lighter skin tones and some even darker skin tones...Chun has a blonde hair color...

Juri has a color that's straight up Elena cosplay, as described by the CFN site itself.

So, it's not new...but, it's still lame if anyone uses that Menat color.

I tried Nash for a while but then moved onto Akuma because it's like Nash but with the damage.

Seriously though if the patch hits and they change up reversals and stuff I dunno man I might be in another blender for a character change.

Abby is making me rethink life. I played a match where I perfect'd the dude, and then lost hard the next one.

Her frame data seems really bad, besides the 3f st.LK.
Like Dhalsim you better keep em out or you're asking for trouble

So she really has to play the zoner huh.

mbpm1

Nah I see what they're going for here

Use your orb normals only at range

Use non orb normals when they're close

She's not like vega where you always prefer orb or whatever

That's good, leads to real tactical variety

Top Bottom