• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

hertog

most tekken charas are actually rush down, so you should probably be more specific. lili and xiaoyu are pretty popular. steve if you like combos. asuka is underated. kazuya has good rush down, but is also more well rounded compared to the others. bob is supposed to be rushdown right? ive never used em or seen anyone who has. then theres hwoarang players who go for overhead 99% of the time and law players who love their ex moves.

Ow god Xiaoyu yes.

Just played an online game for the first time in about 2 months and I got bodied by a Xiaoyu since I've forgot all the fundamentals.

But those will be back after a night of training :) almost at 15.000 bp so I first gotta train in endless.

Xevren

Viscant is pretty mad about what happened with Bison, due to boost combo changes he won't be as great as he was before so it's hard to see how good Bison will be now. Sagat is good though.

Shouta

Boost Combos are gonna be like more unsafe but you should still be able to combo off them with Bison. Plus his MP is getting buffed, I guess.

SUPARSTARX

He's getting some extra frame traps and slightly better team synergy with EX-Scissor knocking up. Thinking of how I can setup some weird low/high/low situations with a tag switch in with Bison and someone in the corner.

shaowebb

So did steam auto update SF x Tekken or do I need to download a patch or something to get 1.06? Still wish they'd just go for 2013, but I'd like to see what this version has if its there already.

Nabs

So did steam auto update SF x Tekken or do I need to download a patch or something to get 1.06? Still wish they'd just go for 2013, but I'd like to see what this version has if its there already.

It's automatic. You should see the 12 new characters on the select screen.

Hmm. I think I might a rock a Cody/Paul team. And see how that works out, hopefully I can enjoy them two together once that patch is available.

shaowebb

It's automatic. You should see the 12 new characters on the select screen.

Okay cool. I had to restart steam for some reason and then it was there. No clue whats different though since I hardly played anyhow. I play Poison Hugo when I do play and I think I got a decent foundation to turn Poison into something since she fits me pretty well with her tools. Hugo is just for damage and reach really. Only Grappler I've even been good with though is Zangief so I may give him a shot sometime since I played him in SSF4AE. Only Tekken dudes I know are Steve Fox, Lars, and Dragonov so looks like I'll try Steve with Gief sometime for kicks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dunno about Bryan but Ogre should be fine, I think. He was a pretty solid character in the first version and he's only gotten better honestly.

Well with the nerfs on Julia I figured I would use Bryan as her replacement, match punch abuse over her nerfed super should let me punish all the time still too. :p Gotta remember I play passive agressive haha

shaowebb

I wish Dragonuv was in this. I played some Gief and Steve and I do alright with them both. Gief more so than Steve. I honestly think Poison + Zangief might work for me. Not getting any time outs in this so I'm not certain if its my damage output, playing, or if 1.06 changed things. Its alright I guess, but I don't know if I'll be able to get too into the roster. Fun, but its not edge of my seat stuff like KoF XIII still is for me.

At least I got the one patch and characters on PC now even though I haven't got the ability to buy the 12 characters yet on steam.

Still should have gotten 2013 instead of bothering at this point with 1.06, but I guess overall my reaction to getting the patch on PC when its about to become irrelevant can best be summed up with this image.

7eGY6W0.jpg

Having been playing the PC version the past few months, i'm not used to Capcom patches being early.

Also official: Julia can still link cr.lk after party crasher, but not if you hit with the very tip of PC.

shaowebb

So PSN is now on 2013 edition, and PC just now got the 1.06 edition. I will hold out hope that in order to patch SFxTekken PC to 2013 it needed to use the 1.06 edition files to do so and that they had to release it shortly before 2013.

In other words I'm hoping that 2013 drops on PC quickly and that 1.06 only dropped to set it up. Im likely going to wait till summer or something though to find out on this and by that time I'll be in on Injustice.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Vita patch is up too FYI. Just downloaded, jumped online, played a PS3 user (won the match).

Gonna go update the PS3 version now.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wasn't 2013 supposed to remove the little cut-scene camera movement when you perform a launcher at the end of a boost combo?

Wasn't 2013 supposed to remove the little cut-scene camera movement when you perform a launcher at the end of a boost combo?
yes, i gotta get used to it because i dropped my combos a few times. i also keep forgetting that i have an anti-air and reversal now.

rolling isnt as bad as i thought. you still kinda have to guess or pre-empt it.

def sim

jibbo uses sagat and viscant uses bison, but they're overlooked by the majority. they only recieved minor tweaks in ver2013, so i don't see the populous changing their minds much about em.

Viscant is pretty mad about what happened with Bison, due to boost combo changes he won't be as great as he was before so it's hard to see how good Bison will be now. Sagat is good though.

Thanks, guys. That's disappointing to hear. Maybe I'll do Sagat and Claw. I definitely want one zoning and another with great movement speed and normals. That's with a SF4 mindset though; zoning doesn't seem to be a thing in this game.

asuka buffs are more subtle than what i thought they would be. her normals still get beat out by a lot and anti-air timing is still relatively strict. altho, if you do manage to land them without trading, you're either in with + on block, or if they hit the new damage buffs allow for 400+ dmg meterless without boost combo.

IronLich

Precious 2013 patch.

Precious Nina buffs.

Light Geyser is ridiculous now. It's to the point where it's a completely different move from the other versions. Loving that slight damage increase. I'll take the normals hit if that's what it takes.

Westlo

Don't see the point of making a new thread, just going to have a bunch of tossers trolling in it for the most part at first. WoWGAF didn't make a new thread for their expansion pack for the same reasons, if 2013 "IS THAT DAMN GOOD" /HHH Voice we'll get to a OT2 eventually anyway.

Shouta

King is really freaking fun now. He can play a pretty solid ground game now and get huge damage for it. The Arm Break does really respectable damage.

Tizoc

King is really freaking fun now. He can play a pretty solid ground game now and get huge damage for it. The Arm Break does really respectable damage.

I'm not getting the update til Wed/Thurs since I have the EU ver., but were there any changes to his HCF+P/K grabs?

For anyone with the update, can you check if Elena's St. HK can be linked off of easier now? Like is St. HK-->Cr. MP/St. MK much easier to do?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I just wanna use bryan and match punch people that wiff pokes all day already :( I'll have my copy on the 31st. But I cant buy the dlc til the 1st :/

Shouta go play some randoms on line and only use mach punch for me for a bit :p

For anyone with the update, can you check if Elena's St. HK can be linked off of easier now? Like is St. HK-->Cr. MP/St. MK much easier to do?

I tried, but I couldn't link it. I could link it to c.LP and c.LK, but I think its a 2 or 3 frame link.

Sorry for not helping more, but I don't play Elena. =/

Top Bottom