• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tizoc

I tried, but I couldn't link it. I could link it to c.LP and c.LK, but I think its a 2 or 3 frame link.

Sorry for not helping more, but I don't play Elena. =/

It's cool mate, it was a hard link to do originally.
I'm glad and rather surpised that Elena's St. MK, Cr. HP chain juggles. That was something added to the fanmade SF3: 4th Strike haha.

Steve is still my favorite character to play. Get hit by that cr.mp and that might be 500 damage lol.

He got some decent buffs, nothing that really changes his game up.

So many characters I want to learn, but the game system still feels so clunky

Ohnonono

So despite that they both got some nerfs Cammy and Jack X both feel great. Jack X especially. He feels a whole lot better and still drops fools. Gonna keep messing with other characters to feel out changes. So fun!

Xevren

Man work is going to drag today, got to play a little bit this morning and I really like the changes to Abel and Guy so far.

kitzkozan

Man, if you fuck up in the game it's game over pretty quickly. The health goes down so freaking fast it's insane to compare before and after. The red health nerf is quite severe, much more than I expected. It seems like it take 40 seconds to recover 100 hp so...

Shouta

That's pretty on par with Tekken Tag now, I think.

The original regen levels were probably set because devs thought folks would just wail on each other, which wasn't the case.

Letting Law have an anti-air is amazing. Seems his M flip kick is the best as it has the most invincible frames. You can even combo into c.HP if done early enough!

I'm a little worried about Law, I had a hard enough time with him when he didn't have a reliable anti-air.

His damage was always ridiculous and his back dash is amazing. I'm picking him up again.

450 damage with no bar is nothing to joke at and only 2, 2 frame links. Very doable on the vita

"Man, if you fuck up in the game it's game over pretty quickly. The health goes down so freaking fast it's insane to compare before and after. The red health nerf is quite severe, much more than I expected. It seems like it take 40 seconds to recover 100 hp so..."

It was like that in 2012, Health regen aside.

Horseress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4-ZJeh_Bvw&t=16m03s

I set the time so you guys could see the combo Law gets after a counter anti-air. Goddamn.

Also immediately after, Akuma gets thrown with an active fortitude gem. Apparently when this happens, you keep your red life.

OMG! That gem, whatever it is, made he take NO damage! Look at the end of that counterhit combo, Akuma doesn't take the damage of the last part of it, and doesn't take the throw damage as well

IIRC, there's a gem that essentially soaks up a set amount of damage when it activates as well as a gem that regenerates health (including lost red life) when it activates.

Shouta

Letting Law have an anti-air is amazing. Seems his M flip kick is the best as it has the most invincible frames. You can even combo into c.HP if done early enough!

Jumping in on Law is pretty much a bad idea now if the person has good execution. Well, actually you might be able to meaty with a jump-in but that's far too difficult, lol. He's still very beatable on the ground though, you just have to be aware of where he's safe and where you can punish. L Somersault beats cross-ups as well so yeah...

jett

D-Member
Is this legit yet or what? Saw some vids, definitely looks better. Kuma with power gems is a beast. I hope they allow gems at Evo, without them the game seems blander than usual...although maybe defense gems should be banned. :p

kirblar

Is this legit yet or what? Saw some vids, definitely looks better. Kuma with power gems is a beast. I hope they allow gems at Evo, without them the game seems blander than usual...although maybe defense gems should be banned. :p
Kuma only got buffed from SFxT Vanilla.

SaberVulcan

Well I am enjoying playing this game again, mostly cause Yoshi isnt garbage anymore. If anyone here is getting back into it, Id be down for some matches down the road. XBL name is Vulcadin.

Ugh. Rufus is so fucking nerfed he's almost useless.

Tekken characters seem so much more powerful

Yeah, I messed around with Rufus in vanilla and thought he was okay. Looking at the change log he got neutered pretty significantly, I wonder why.

The 2 Tekken characters I use, Yoshi and Lars, both feel a lot stronger then before, especially Yoshi.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm actually impressed with a Capcom Changelist for once. This is pretty rare.

Elena and Asuka feel so much better to me, now. Elena's long range limbs actually hitting as they look like they should is great, especially with her MPs being cancellable now. A GREAT CHANGE. Being able to EX "break dance" enemies into aerial floats into whatever also feels fantastic. And Brave Dance actually acts like the Ryukou Ranbu DM I always wanted it to be, with that wonderful new startup speed + solid attackbox.

Asuka with some real Anti-airs... and cancellable White Heron Dance! Her pokes might still be really awkward, but it actually feels like a solid tradeoff VS how strong she can be, once she lands the proper hit. Cancelable crouch Fierce is actually pretty good as a follow up to Bound hits, sets them at a good height for many followups.

Marduk being able to land his pounce and super VS aerial opponents is something I've wanted ever since I started to play him in this game. Considering how afraid people are going to be of normal throws now, this also gives him a nice way to chase down those people who try to backdash to safety.

Still haven't fought some of my more common friends on this thing yet, so can't say I feel about specific matchups, but I really can appreciate much of what's been done so far. Feels quite different now, really hope to see character variety and viability switch up and grow.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
what does 1200 pts translate too in normal money?

I just bought the dlc for 14.99 on psn....lol

400 pts = 5 dollars. 1200 = 15.00.

So it's the same sale.

Minus the whole "in disk" BS with the DLC characters, they're all completly worth it. Even if you only wanna play 2, and the rest will be training dummies / people for your local friends to play, this is a solid sale. Expecially since the DLC guys got some great buffs / adjustments in this patch.

Top Bottom