• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

I don't see how anyone could argue that Cody got "barely" nerfed. He was arguably the best character in 2012 with his insane cr. lk. Now he's a mid-tier battery. He plays more like his SF4 counterpart but that's not necessarily a good thing here. Only Hugo and Ibuki got nerfed harder, or maybe someone else I'm forgetting?
guile, gief, ryu, off the top of my head. i don't think he "barely" got nerfed, rather despite the nerfs he is one of the few that still remains really good. i think rolento is another one of those that still remains very good, despite receiving nerfs.

Evoga

Anyone have a Vewlix or clone that they play on? Looking to get one and want to hear if any negative points apart from the high price and shipping.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah i totally agree with Abel being beastly now.
I think that Nina is good too but not Guy good.

xCobalt

Any good guides for Yoshimitsu? Don't feel like navigating the atrocity that is SRK.

I really like how Yoshi leaves his opponents standing for most of his specials....really good for the partner coming in.

kyored

Anyone have a Vewlix or clone that they play on? Looking to get one and want to hear if any negative points apart from the high price and shipping.

I have one for a while now and its great nothing negative about it.

the pics are bad and old but y'all get the idea.
Picture004-1.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Arc Eye 2's with Sparky Jr. and working coin door

Shouta

Man, King is so fucking good offline. His Elbow game is so boss when you aren't jumping frames all over the place, lol.

Shouta

Yeah. We had a 6-man bracket at Slugfest today and I derped myself into 3rd instead of winning it all. King was doing a lot of heavy lifting in there though. The Elbows are 0 on block and leads up to a mix-up that means huge damage for King if guessed right. You can train your opponent to do certain things to achieve it too.

I told the guy that got second (and the one I lost to in Losers Finals), I shouldn't have lost and I wanted to run it back. We ended up doing it later and I went 8-0 lol. His Guy was pretty boss though, Guy's AE game + ridiculously good damage makes him a good threat. You can fuck with Guy still in this because of the options of some characters though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah. We had a 6-man bracket at Slugfest today and I derped myself into 3rd instead of winning it all. King was doing a lot of heavy lifting in there though. The Elbows are 0 on block and leads up to a mix-up that means huge damage for King if guessed right. You can train your opponent to do certain things to achieve it too.

I told the guy that got second (and the one I lost to in Losers Finals), I shouldn't have lost and I wanted to run it back. We ended up doing it later and I went 8-0 lol. His Guy was pretty boss though, Guy's AE game + ridiculously good damage makes him a good threat. You can fuck with Guy still in this because of the options of some characters though.

Awesome :D Yeah I noticed you cant really challenge kings elbow game anymore after getting counter hit by shit a few times. I wasn't expecting that shit to be as fast as it was and I got mauled BAD

btw we need to play still damn it T-T

Shouta

Awesome :D Yeah I noticed you cant really challenge kings elbow game anymore after getting counter hit by shit a few times. I wasn't expecting that shit to be as fast as it was and I got mauled BAD

btw we need to play still damn it T-T

Yeah, you really can't challenge him on it. You can mash an EX or Guard Cancel it but if you miss the EX, you get punished hard and Guard Cancel is just a get off me. You have to basically guess what King is going to do after the elbow and if you guess wrong, you'll eat 240+ damage easily from a command grab or combo and basically be put back into that situation again.

And yeah, we need to play. But it'll be hard to go back to online after playing it offline. =(

Kuma's my main anchor now, but his normals are just too slow and have too little range to actually call him top tier.
But man, a blocked megaton claw into a headbut against someone who's blocking the overhead is just magical.

Nah, Kuma's normals are ok. You should be controlling space to use them effectively instead of just trying to duke it out in close. If you do want to do that, you have f+lp for the G-Clef chain and landing that leads to Bnb damage. It's 6 frames but it's +3 on block, lol.

hertog

Wow! Paul turned out to be awesome too.
Everything combo's into everything :)

Someone jumps in on you, lk shredder, mp, smasher/super
Sure you can optimize that further. But he still got that great cross-up and good st. mk as a poke.

Wow! Paul turned out to be awesome too.
Everything combo's into everything :)

Someone jumps in on you, lk shredder, mp, smasher/super
Sure you can optimize that further. But he still got that great cross-up and good st. mk as a poke.

Yeah. Paul is a really great character. He does a lot of damage and you don't even need to use meter. His overhead to punch is also hard to react against.

Grifter

Any tip on facing Lili and her pressure of doom? I've played like 10 guys since returning and she's been on 4 of those teams. Feels like Cammy 2.0 and when she get the frame traps going, I'm just holding on for dear life.

hertog

Any tip on facing Lili and her pressure of doom? I've played like 10 guys since returning and she's been on 4 of those teams. Feels like Cammy 2.0 and when she get the frame traps going, I'm just holding on for dear life.

Very difficult...

Just gotta learn those tekken strings and mix-ups and know when you can punish anything. A good Lili/Bob/Julia/Christie/Lei destroy me everytime because I don;t know the match-ups, and I see too few of them online to actually learn the match-up.

So I should prob. start playing them myself :(

SUPARSTARX

I don't think her strings go into as many high/lows as people are fearing. If you don't know and you have meter just counter it.

Grifter

I've been going for the counter more but the tight window combining with online frame drops makes for a dicey play.

Very difficult...

Just gotta learn those tekken strings and mix-ups and know when you can punish anything. A good Lili/Bob/Julia/Christie/Lei destroy me everytime because I don;t know the match-ups, and I see too few of them online to actually learn the match-up.

So I should prob. start playing them myself :(

I've taken on Bob if you want the practice, but I'm on 360.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I would love to practice against some tekken character that arent heihachi or paul. I use Blanka king, let me know if you want to play. Zr0Ninja on xbl

Grifter

Not home right now but you can add me - Totoro Recall.

I use Bob/Paul tho, quickly picked a new team when 2013 released and had no idea Paul'd get popular.

Seik

Banned
Hey Q, your avatar got me by surprise. At first I just saw the hairs, but then I saw the face and ''HOLY SHIT''! XD

Horseress

So, I was watching this match (great match btw) and now I have a question: when you win normally, you get a V, by chip damage you get a C, X with a cross art, S with a super etc. But, what a G means?

So, I was watching this match (great match btw) and now I have a question: when you win normally, you get a V, by chip damage you get a C, X with a cross art, S with a super etc. But, what a G means?

G is "great" taken from tekken. It means you are basically dead but won anyway. I'm not sure if it's considered a comeback though.

Kioshen

It means that the person won by being godlike !
actually no it just means that the victory was done at very low life i.e. Great!. It's a nod to what Tekken does traditionally in the same situation.

Horseress

G is "great" taken from tekken. It means you are basically dead but won anyway. I'm not sure if it's considered a comeback though.

It means that the person won by being godlike !
actually no it just means that the victory was done at very low life i.e. Great!. It's a nod to what Tekken does traditionally in the same situation.

Thanks, thought it was something related to the way you kill the opponent

I don't give a shit about nerd tournaments, i care about playing online.
Tournaments are where the best players gather, there is ZERO lag, and it's purely skill against skill. It's considered the absolute standard in competitive fighting whereas online is generally used for practice/leveling up your skill. You will never reach max. potential playing online only..

I use the same team sometimes. What setups have you figured?

I know some Law ones but its very basic (mp fury punch pandora)

etc

Basically any move that ground or wall bounces. The MP fury is much easier to link afterwards but it's not as damaging as doing his Back + MP, MP string that ground bounces.

You can also pandora after EX QCB Kicks, same with Hwoarangs EX Hunting Hawk Wall bounce.

This is the ONLY team I've used since the update. I plan on adding Lilli in the mix sometime next month

Horseress

Basically any move that ground or wall bounces. The MP fury is much easier to link afterwards but it's not as damaging as doing his Back + MP, MP string that ground bounces.

You can also pandora after EX QCB Kicks, same with Hwoarangs EX Hunting Hawk Wall bounce.

This is the ONLY team I've used since the update. I plan on adding Lilli in the mix sometime next month

EX QCB Kicks not wall bouncing on air born ruins pandora for Law =/

Ohnonono

Anyone who plays Ogre or Brian mind listing their best combo options off a launcher? I am gonna sit in the Training room tonight and I want to make sure I am at least using my best options!

EX QCB Kicks not wall bouncing on air born ruins pandora for Law =/

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you talking about juggling with EX kicks not wall bouncing, thus not allowing a pandora setup?

If so, then yes, but a good combo with law in general is cr. lk, cr. lp, cr. mp, kicks, which leads into a boost combo with your tag partner after a switch into another combo which pushes them in the corner.

Generally, I'll only juggle with kicks if I want to tag cancel and get a free jumping heavy attack. Either way, if you goal is to get a free full bar with a pandora setup it's never a bad thing to have several options to shoot for if you need a quick come back/kill.

Just throwing it out there

Horseress

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Are you talking about juggling with EX kicks not wall bouncing, thus not allowing a pandora setup?

If so, then yes, but a good combo with law in general is cr. lk, cr. lp, cr. mp, kicks, which leads into a boost combo with your tag partner after a switch into another combo which pushes them in the corner.

Generally, I'll only juggle with kicks if I want to tag cancel and get a free jumping heavy attack. Either way, if you goal is to get a free full bar with a pandora setup it's never a bad thing to have several options to shoot for if you need a quick come back/kill.

Just throwing it out there

Yes, but for that you need two bars to make it work. I play Dudley/Law, with Dudley on point, I can EX MGB, j.HK, Pandora, cr.MP xx Super, and that gives more than 500 damage with one bar before Pandora

Top Bottom