• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

"cr. lk, cr. lp, cr. mp, kicks, which leads into a boost combo"

Sorry, I think I don't know what you mean by "kicks", QCB+K? 'Cause QCB+K doesn't lead to boost

If so, then yes, but a good combo with law in general is cr. lk, cr. lp, cr. mp, kicks, which leads into a boost combo with your tag partner

I think you missed the last part, where is can if you tag (kicks -> tag -> boost combo -> law combo)

I mentioned that combo because you could replace kick (QCB + K) with the EX version and you'd have another pandora setup, which would make it 3 options, or rather 3 separate moves with law that you could pandora into super

B + MP, MP
EX kicky move
MP crazy hands

If you were to do the combo i mentioned, tagged, comboed, then tagged, you could conceivably come in with B+mp, mp which would be a pandora combo (2 bars) but the scaling would be terrible.

Swaggy, but terrible.

Horseress

I think you missed the last part, where is can if you tag (kicks -> tag -> boost combo -> law combo)

I mentioned that combo because you could replace kick (QCB + K) with the EX version and you'd have another pandora setup, which would make it 3 options, or rather 3 separate moves with law that you could pandora into super

B + MP, MP
EX kicky move
MP crazy hands

If you were to do the combo i mentioned, tagged, comboed, then tagged, you could conceivably come in with B+mp, mp which would be a pandora combo (2 bars) but the scaling would be terrible.

Swaggy, but terrible.

Ok, I got you, I'll try those at home later, thx

Ok, I got you, I'll try those at home later, thx

I wasn't trying to be combative, mind you.

The cr string to kicks (non-juggle) are great to get law out if needed and also leads to great pressure if blocked as you can go for a cross up right away (tag in partner). If you tag quick enough and the kicks connect, you can actually link the cross-up and push them the opposite direction.

With my team, it would go something like

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.mp, QCB + K (tag on first hit)

if connects, Hwoarang MK, MK, HK, HK (boost)

if blocked MK,MK, HK, lk dynamite heel (dash cancel grab) or any other option after that

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone who plays Ogre or Brian mind listing their best combo options off a launcher? I am gonna sit in the Training room tonight and I want to make sure I am at least using my best options!

Ogre = cr.Hk, charge dash cancel, Hp, Waning moon

You can replace the first part with 2 hits of hunting hawk if you want something easier

Bryan = forward Mk, Mp, Lp, Mp, Mach Punch

There is probably something better for bryan but for now that's the easiest thing to start with. Bryan can also combo that off of Ogre's indigo punch and he is one of the only characters that can mid screen

Ohnonono

Ogre = cr.Hk, charge dash cancel, Hp, Waning moon

You can replace the first part with 2 hits of hunting hawk if you want something easier

Bryan = forward Mk, Mp, Lp, Mp, Mach Punch

There is probably something better for bryan but for now that's the easiest thing to start with. Bryan can also combo that off of Ogre's indigo punch and he is one of the only characters that can mid screen

Thanks so much! Charge dash cancel is when you charge a super then dash out of it to get counter hit properties correct?

Shouta

GIANT SWING FINISH! Woo! GGs Q.

I kinda got distracted at the end because my Dad started talking to me though, hah. Stupid Ogre kick is ridiculous though and standing up for the teleport punch online is hard as fuck.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GIANT SWING FINISH! Woo! GGs Q.

I kinda got distracted at the end because my Dad started talking to me though, hah. Stupid Ogre kick is ridiculous though and standing up for the teleport punch online is hard as fuck.

I kept trying to see if I could jab out of Kings stuff. I just gotta backdash it I guess.

Shouta

You can kinda jab him out of it but it's a bit hard online. Backdashing can be bad against the elbows because i can giant swing you if I know you're going to do it. I wasn't because I was screwing some shit up but I did it pretty often offline to characters that only moved a little backwards.

Elbow situation = guess and if you guess wrong, it's 1/4th of your lifebar or more.

I'm going to jump back into this game within the next few days in between playing Raiden and the Monster Hunter demo on Wii U/3DS. Please, don't kill me too quickly.

PSN: xenoetry

Marz

Been messing around with Sagat/Guy since I play them in SSF4. Should Sag at be first or second and what's some good starter combos for me to start labbing?

Right now with Guy I discovered he can combo target combo>Mp>Lp>anything which seems to do decent damage.

Shouta

I'd use Guy up front personally mostly because he has to deal all of his damage in close and it's easier to take risks when you're high on life. Sagat can take fewer risks and still deal damage, I think. But I don't really play either character so.

Got two very nice messages yesterday from playing this game. One said GGs, the other was from an A rank that cannot beat me. He complimented me on my skillz and sent me a friend request.

Much better than the dudes assuming I'm some fat guy living in my mom's house that can't meet women.

fionel

Got my Vita copy and have been playing that instead of my PS3 copy in the last few days. Graphics (or rather, the resolution) are crappier than I expected but I'm happy to be able to play this online and on-the-go! Lag is minimal with even just 1 bar and up but I think that's because the bars are not always accurate.

Unfortunately compared to my experience on the PS3 where I keep getting interrupted by throwdowns in arcade mode, it takes quite a bit longer to get matched in Ranked. And even in Player Matches I'd say 30% of the time I have problems joining rooms. Even with the crossplay feature I assume a lot of people just don't want to play with Vita players? :/

Anyway, I'm just a noob with around 1.2k BP under my belt. I gave up on the game a month after launch and decided to come back after the patch. Time-outs are definitely a lot less often and there is definitely less BS stuff than in vanilla. However I still don't like how people can easily play in a cross-rush fishing style. Like they'll just crouch there all day and block and wait for an opening to cross-rush you from a SK/SP and then do their 30 hit combos. I mainly play Kazuya, Paul, and Guy and I find it hard to open up turtler defenses.

Would love to play some Gaffers though I live in Japan :)

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I spend all this time learning raven, only to go online and realize that the combos are so impossible to do in lag. frustration levels maximum.

SUPARSTARX

You really think the Vita graphics look bad? I Think they're superb. They don't have the same shading because they're kinda static but the fluidity is great.

supahkiwi

Banned
I spend all this time learning raven, only to go online and realize that the combos are so impossible to do in lag. frustration levels maximum.

SFxT's netcode is pretty damn good. I'm able to land some tight links online (PS3) without trouble. Are you running under wifi?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
SFxT's netcode is pretty damn good. I'm able to land some tight links online (PS3) without trouble. Are you running under wifi?

I usually never have trouble, but I cant seem to get this simple BnB no matter how many easy it is offline or how long my confirm. I drop it every single time, it's almost funny at this point.

SmokeMaxX

So I know Sethlolol got 3rd at 25th Anniversary, but where would he rank on you guys' top players list? Top 10? Top 25? Top 3?

-Coming from someone who doesn't really keep up with SFxT stuff.

Xevren

Law/Kuma

He's definitely good. Dunno how I would rank him though with 2013 out now. First major since the patch is this weekend right?

I don't a lot of people know how to fight against tekken characters, so I think that's part of it.

He's definitely solid but I don't see him as something special. His team is good enough I suppose.

SUPARSTARX

World right? Not just US?

U.S. Actually I don't know about who is good in Japan. There's replays but it's really hard to gauge.

He has some good setups, patience and proper hit confirming. Adding to the fact that his team got buffed too, he's looking pretty solid if he hits up any tournaments.

SUPARSTARX

Happen to have an opinion on his strengths and weaknesses? He played some matches with some of my buddies and went 50-2 or something and was wondering how they can start taking matches :)

I have no much data on 2013 Lei. Did they play him online or offline? I'd love to see some of the replays :D The issue with fighting his Lei I think is he brings in Lei midcombo and you have to deal with wake up games in general. 1-2 bad guesses and it's over pretty much.

He's "THe Big Boss" on SRK. Maybe you can dig some of his posts up for more info

Well, I tried on SRK, might as well try here.

I've narrowed down the characters I want to use with Ibuki to Elena, Yoshimitsu and Xiaoyu. I know Ibuki is generally known as an anchor character, but based on the three characters' tool, who do you think would make the best fit as Ibuki's partner? Thanks in advance!

SUPARSTARX

Well, I tried on SRK, might as well try here.

I've narrowed down the characters I want to use with Ibuki to Elena, Yoshimitsu and Xiaoyu. I know Ibuki is generally known as an anchor character, but based on the three characters' tool, who do you think would make the best fit as Ibuki's partner? Thanks in advance!
Roll a dice. I like Yoshimitsu and Elena on point more over Xiaoyu. They have solid pokes and mix ups that can lead to good damage with Ibuki coming in too.

Omega

Banned
I'm thinking about getting into this game now. It looks completely different

Who are some top level players I can watch and how good are Chun Li/Balrog?

I have a 447 damage combo with Hwoarang in the corner I came up with.

I say I came up with it because I've seen countless videos of people using him and I've never seen anyone do it before.

J.Hk. Mk-MK (tekken chain) hold foward (FLA) MP-MP (tekken chain), let opponent fall a bit, MP-MP, HK. HH

The link, i believe, is a 2 frame link. I can plink MP on my vita so it's really not that bad. If done mid screen, you can't connect the second MP-MP tekken chain in FLA, so you can just s.HK to HK HH

Top Bottom