• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

GAT DAMN

Only won 2 out of 10+ games.

Ogre is just as dumb when I fought Q before and Bryan just hit hards.

I need to practice on dem Bryan's combo, never knew he was capable of those combos.

then after I'll break the game into pieces.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Heihachi is still freakin cheap

He's buffed actually

GAT DAMN

Only won 2 out of 10+ games.

Ogre is just as dumb when I fought Q before and Bryan just hit hards.

I need to practice on dem Bryan's combo, never knew he was capable of those combos.

then after I'll break the game into pieces.

Bryan would be fucking amazing if he could cancel his kick chain into his other moves besides Mach Punch

Ogre is buffed, though I do miss the plus 9 on block jabs lol

The fact ogre has extended 350 dmg combos off infinite kicks in the corner now though is pretty fucking hilarious though. Mostly because it's a completely safe move.

Shouta

I wouldn't feel too bad. Ogre is kinda dumb still. In fact, there's still a lot stupid stuff in the game. Hopefully we'll get another patch in the long run so it'll clean up some of those issues.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wouldn't feel too bad. Ogre is kinda dumb still. In fact, there's still a lot stupid stuff in the game. Hopefully we'll get another patch in the long run so it'll clean up some of those issues.

Ogre doesn't really need anything nerfed at this point though. Once you know his flaws you can abuse him pretty hard. Play him for a bit :p

Ogre's jump ins are garbage, and if a character has better pokes it gives him issues to the point where he has to purely wiff punish... sooo if they recover fast too and play smart.. oh and his aa options are kinda ass and require last minute inputs.

I still consider him top 10 though even with those flaws just because of how fucking dominating his block stun shit is though.

Ogre doesn't really need anything nerfed at this point though. Once you know his flaws you can abuse him pretty hard. Play him for a bit :p

QisToptier also has psychic abilities on when to throw out hunting hawks.

Snake Edge block? Hunting Hawks. Both players staring as each other for 1 second, Hunting Hawks.
Snake Edge block? Jab Pressure.
Snake Edge block? QCF Punch.
Snake Edge hits? GG.

Ogre's jump ins are garbage, and if a character has better pokes it gives him issues to the point where he has to purely wiff punish... sooo if they recover fast too and play smart.. oh and his aa options are kinda ass and require last minute inputs.

Because he doesn't need to jump in. If he has to get here, he got that fire super skrull move.

His wakeup is not that strong. I just need to be better at baiting it out and punishing it.

All your punishes on Guile were on point. Hunting Hawks.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Shouta

I still consider him top 10 though even with those flaws just because of how fucking dominating his block stun shit is though.

There really aren't any characters that have better conventional pokes than Ogre though some of those things reach from here to eternity, i swear.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There really aren't any characters that have better conventional pokes than Ogre though some of those things reach from here to eternity, i swear.

Oh I know, I consider him top ten for good reason haha. I was just listing off the things that hold him back from being top 5. His lack of a good aa fucks him over really bad specially with how tall he is when a lot of the cast has huge ass hitting jump attacks.

Oh and anyone that thinks cody sucks now is just bad.

My top 10 for the game right now though is

Guy
Lili
Heihachi
Chun
Nina
Abel
Dudley
Christie
Ogre
Law

Game balance overall in this feels pretty close though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why Abel? What makes him really good?

using him now lol

Frame advantage out the fucking ass now and he does good damage now as well. He can literally go ape shit on you once he's in. King is actually pretty good in that sense too now but you can still get away from him pretty easy with back dashes

hertog

My top 10 for the game right now though is

Guy
Lili
Heihachi
Chun
Nina
Abel
Dudley
Christie
Ogre
Law

Guy
Lili
Heihachi
Chun
Jack-X
Kazuya (as long as he got that j.hk he stays top tier, such a dumb move)
Vega
Jin
Ogre
Law

But I've got no real grasp of Christie & Nina.
Blanka didn't change a whole lot, but since throws are worth a damn and health doesn't recover at the speed of light, he's actually quite viable right now.
Hit & Run tactics with the occasional throw set-up works wonderful against an army of tekken rushdown characters :)
Gief and Hugo are nerfed to hell.

Here's my top 10.

Lars
Jin
Alisa
Chun
Guy
Law
Hwoarang
Heihachi
Dudley
Nina

Also I'm not saying Cody sucks now but I don't agree with some people saying he got barely nerfed either.

He had one nerf. One

People only relied on his crouch lk and boost chains that were safe, but boost chains are unsafe for everyone now.

Why do you think he was nerfed more than others?

I will say after watching Valle's Lars, he could definitely be up there. I haven't fought enough good Lars to really say that myself

He had one nerf. One

People only relied on his crouch lk and boost chains that were safe, but boost chains are unsafe for everyone now.

Why do you think he was nerfed more than others?

I will say after watching Valle's Lars, he could definitely be up there. I haven't fought enough good Lars to really say that myself

Well first off his crouch short got destroyed. It definitively deserved to be nerfed but not this bad. It's a lot less safe, very slow for a short and has less range. Then there's his overhead which is extremely unsafe on block so just to use it semi-safely you have to use meter. There's also some small stuff like ex zonk being easier to punish on block and doing 60 less damage. Don't get me wrong he's still viable but to say he got barely nerfed doesn't make sense.

Also Lars is pretty amazing. He was very good in 2012 and just got buffed in 2013. I might pick him up.

Well first off his crouch short got destroyed. It definitively deserved to be nerfed but not this bad. It's a lot less safe, very slow for a short and has less range. Then there's his overhead which is extremely unsafe on block so just to use it semi-safely you have to use meter. There's also some small stuff like ex zonk being easier to punish on block and doing 60 less damage. Don't get me wrong he's still viable but to say he got barely nerfed doesn't make sense.

Also Lars is pretty amazing. He was very good in 2012 and just got buffed in 2013. I might pick him up.

I don't see the point of doing his overhead if you aren't going to switch on the first hit (like Ryu's)

Why Abel? What makes him really good?

using him now lol
ground bounce on wheel kick vs air was a stupid good buff. i don't know if i'd put him top 10 though. it's still really hard for me to call. i'd say nearly half the cast could be labelled as potential top 10. with the zangief and hugo nerfs, at least he wins best sf grappler title tho.

That lili #20 link is stupid. I'm not sure why anyone would want to link a standing lp to lk when its so much easier to link lp to lp.

I can tell these trials combos mean nothing when actually using her

Bob White

Seriously. That weird thing in the corner, where you block a cross up but then the opponent lands in front of you is such. fucking. bullshit.

Also, I think it can happen out of the corner.

Nyoro SF

Seriously. That weird thing in the corner, where you block a cross up but then the opponent lands in front of you is such. fucking. bullshit.

Also, I think it can happen out of the corner.

Yes. They really need to fix the collision boxes. This game already has enough tricky stuff for you to block without having to worry about marvel crossups.

I'm really hating the influx of Law players. Most just fish for the same couple safe combos over and over. Many won't event try and play footsies but instead hang back so for some reason(He's already easy mode, what are they afraid of?). It's become such a boring match-up.

Nyoro SF

I'm really hating the influx of Law players. Most just fish for the same couple safe combos over and over. Many won't event try and play footsies but instead hang back so for some reason(He's already easy mode, what are they afraid of?). It's become such a boring match-up.

The reason Law players hang back is to watch out for jumps. I have been nailed by people leapfrogging over my Dragon Rush so much that I am actually legit scared of getting caught unawares.

Also Law's normals are too slow and odd for footsies. He has some excellent close range options but at mid range all he really has is the average low forward (8 frame startup, which is ass) and the Dragon Rush approach.

He makes up for it with his specials though. I think he's easily top 5.

Now if only the online wasn't terrible so I could land Knuckle Rush after M Somersault 100% of the time...

Bob White

Q knows whats up about Abel being top 10. If he gets in, go ahead and wrap it up.

I seriously think this game is broke as shit. Fun, but, just a sloppy game all around.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Here's my top 10.

Lars
Jin
Alisa
Chun
Guy
Law
Hwoarang
Heihachi
Dudley
Nina

Also I'm not saying Cody sucks now but I don't agree with some people saying he got barely nerfed either.

Pretty good list imo. So many unexplored characters though..

I think Kazuya is good but I think the execution barrier will keep him from being top tier.

Kuma is soo underrated....

Yeah, Kuma was already good before the patch then avoided nerfs in 2013. He has a safe string and can go into mixups with his command grab/ex palm/ex frolic.

I haven't run into any guy/abel players that would make me think they're in the top 10. Though after Chun, Dudley, Law, Kuma, Vega, and Nina, the rest of the top 10 is open.

stn

I don't see how anyone could argue that Cody got "barely" nerfed. He was arguably the best character in 2012 with his insane cr. lk. Now he's a mid-tier battery. He plays more like his SF4 counterpart but that's not necessarily a good thing here. Only Hugo and Ibuki got nerfed harder, or maybe someone else I'm forgetting?

Shouta

Kuma is soo underrated....

Kuma has a few problems here and there but he easily mauls pretty much everyone in the hands of a good player. His hardest matches are characters that have some seriously ridiculous pokes but that can be played around. There's a reason why Sethlolol got 3rd in the SF25 tourny and both Law and Kuma only got buffs in 2013. If he's not on a top 10 list, it's not a good list.

I don't see how anyone could argue that Cody got "barely" nerfed. He was arguably the best character in 2012 with his insane cr. lk. Now he's a mid-tier battery. He plays more like his SF4 counterpart but that's not necessarily a good thing here. Only Hugo and Ibuki got nerfed harder, or maybe someone else I'm forgetting?

Yeah, Cody's cr. lk was ridiculously good. The threat of it made it easy to land his overhead into tag and the speed of the move made it easy to fish for the hit confirm to chain. He's not terrible in 2013 but he doesn't have anything that really sets him apart from most of the other mid tier characters in the game. He doesn't have any really big damage combos outside the corner, doesn't have a great reversal, doesn't have a good pandora setup, and can only get damage off of his overhead by blinding tagging on the first hit.

vg260

That lili #20 link is stupid. I'm not sure why anyone would want to link a standing lp to lk when its so much easier to link lp to lp.

I can tell these trials combos mean nothing when actually using her

I was trying to do her #18, and it's rage-inducing. I do not understand her at all even after doing most of those trials.

I was trying to do her #18, and it's rage-inducing. I do not understand her at all even after doing most of those trials.

What part are you stuck on? I just did all her trials this morning. I'm sure I could walk you through it.

Is that where you EX launch, to light-medium kick in the air to cr mk?

Pretty good list imo. So many unexplored characters though..

I think Kazuya is good but I think the execution barrier will keep him from being top tier.

Execution barriers don't stop a character from making top 10. Zero is still top 3 in marvel regardless if people can do his lighting loops or not.

Kazuya is way more dangerous/scary if your opponent can EGF consistently

vg260

What part are you stuck on? I just did all her trials this morning. I'm sure I could walk you through it.

Is that where you EX launch, to light-medium kick in the air to cr mk?

Yeah, it was after the EX knee move where you do air LK -MK to cr. MK into EX knee again. Can't hit the juggling crMK. I read you have to give it a little gap between, but I can't seem to get the timing down without whiffing completely.

Yeah, it was after the EX knee move where you do air LK -MK to cr. MK into EX knee again. Can't hit the juggling crMK. I read you have to give it a little gap between, but I can't seem to get the timing down without whiffing completely.

you want to jump immediately to the lk and play with how long you can let the mk go before they fall out of the combo.

once you find out the timing it's actually really easy.

just practice EX to j.lk -> j.mk till you feel comfortable

vg260

you want to jump immediately to the lk and play with how long you can let the mk go before they fall out of the combo.

once you find out the timing it's actually really easy.

just practice EX to j.lk -> j.mk till you feel comfortable

Thanks. That's what I figured, but it seems like too small a window for me to hit with my reflexes. I'm really bad at tight links.

Thanks. That's what I figured, but it seems like too small a window for me to hit with my reflexes. I'm really bad at tight links.

That is not a tight link. When you get to trial 20 and try to do standing light punch to standing light kick to crouching light kick i think you'll realize how much easier that is in comparison.

Quick pointer on 20 when you get there : linking the lp to lk is hard. If you watch lili recover and move backwards from the light punch, you want to push the button for light kick as she would be stop moving back. if you visually confirm she is "back", you've waited too long.

you need to pause slightly from the light kick then to the crouching light kick

Top Bottom