• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

Grifter

GG's recall, i'll try to get on your level in the future so we can have some actual games lol
ggs, glad to answer questions, still a bit lost on your characters myself. blanka seems safer than sf4 and raven doesn't feel much changed besides losing sweep loops.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
ggs, glad to answer questions, still a bit lost on your characters myself. blanka seems safer than sf4 and raven doesn't feel much changed besides losing sweep loops.

I picked up raven maybe 2 days ago, so I haven't mastered the sweep loops yet, but I think he still has them, no? But yea I like Blanka in this game. I haven't put much time into him either. People say he's bottom tier, but I'm not sure why.

Most of my questions were about how to defend against bob's pressure. Never really was sure when it was safe for me to do something or what was unsafe. Guess I need to start using alpha counters and I really need to work on my tag combos.

Shouta

Blanka's damage output is pretty crappy and his normals aren't super hot in this because of the various things related to the game. I don't think he can really combo well into other people either aside from Launchers.

kirblar

Blanka's damage output is pretty crappy and his normals aren't super hot in this because of the various things related to the game. I don't think he can really combo well into other people either aside from Launchers.
Really wish we had gotten Necro instead. :(

Tizoc

Heh I am recently reminded of how the extra 12 characters were unlocked on the 360 some time after the game's release lastt year and how they could be used online.

SmokeMaxX

How do dhalsim and Nina do against lei? Trying to figure something out for a friend

Edit: we r banking on dat surprise zoning factor with sim :). Also doesn't lei have like 3 or 4 stances?

I think Lei actually has more like 6 or 7 stances. He has 3 stances you can automatically go through, and then a few other stances that can only be entered through special moves, and then special stances like lying down face forward or feet forward, IIRC.

SmokeMaxX

I think Lei actually has more like 6 or 7 stances. He has 3 stances you can automatically go through, and then a few other stances that can only be entered through special moves, and then special stances like lying down face forward or feet forward, IIRC.
Ah interesting. Any clue to when he will go high or low and are all thr mixups all safe?

BTW thanks for the info guys. I might pick up the game after my next test. Just hard to get off the marvel crack

"Ah interesting. Any clue to when he will go high or low and are all thr mixups all safe?"

Honestly not sure, I haven't put any real time into him and for obvious reasons he's not very popular so I don't have much match experience against him either.

SmokeMaxX

"Ah interesting. Any clue to when he will go high or low and are all thr mixups all safe?"

Honestly not sure, I haven't put any real time into him and for obvious reasons he's not very popular so I don't have much match experience against him either.
Oh okay cool. Maybe just Kazuya/Gief for good damage.

Kioshen

I really wonder why Blanka was neglected to DLC status, considering how much Ono loves him. Couldn't he have dropped another team instead?

IIRC they were having trouble making him work at first in the engine so they bumped him to dlc to further work at it.

Tizoc

IIRC they were having trouble making him work at first in the engine so they bumped him to dlc to further work at it.

Did they really? Blanka was already on the disc so they would've finished getting him to work in the game by the time of its release.

V_Arnold

Blanka's chains, attacks and all other moves/specials/supers/pandora were 100% complete on disc when he was discovered.

I can attest to that.

And all of those were not balanced a bit? No frame/hitbox changes to any of his moves that were on the disc already?

Nyoro SF

And all of those were not balanced a bit? No frame/hitbox changes to any of his moves that were on the disc already?

No changes to him on official release, along with the other DLC characters. We verified that on release day when the characters were officially put up for download.

Grifter

I picked up raven maybe 2 days ago, so I haven't mastered the sweep loops yet, but I think he still has them, no? But yea I like Blanka in this game. I haven't put much time into him either. People say he's bottom tier, but I'm not sure why.

Most of my questions were about how to defend against bob's pressure. Never really was sure when it was safe for me to do something or what was unsafe. Guess I need to start using alpha counters and I really need to work on my tag combos.

I need to work on another team too, will see if you're around tonight.

Bob's pressure is feeling like TTT2 to me in that you have to learn to recognize the different strings that mix up in different ways as you'll want to block them if they get started and wait your turn. You can try to gamble and DP thru the little pauses. He's easy to cross up due to his size and lack of defense there.

Tizoc

Mike 'Bodied 5 times for free' Ross really needs to forget Pandora is even in the game. Every time he uses it, he loses lol.

Great. Guess ill get it.

For anyone that plays on Vita ... How do you have your buttons set? I play on pad on console but I use madcatz fight pads. I'm not sure how you guys handle 3 Punch and 3 Kick Buttons while still having Heavy Punch and Kick available.

Any tips guys?

SUPARSTARX

Great. Guess ill get it.

For anyone that plays on Vita ... How do you have your buttons set? I play on pad on console but I use madcatz fight pads. I'm not sure how you guys handle 3 Punch and 3 Kick Buttona while still having Heavy Punch and Kick available.

Any tips guys?

I use touch screen for macros.

When you tap the boxes you can resize them, so I have them like this next to the face buttons:
[Throw]
[Launch]
[3punches]
[3kicks]

I might change the [Throw] macro to tag switching since I can tech fine with my thumb over the LP~LK

SUPARSTARX

You can combo quickly into Super that way? Feels like a stretch.

Well you have to drag the boxes. Just tap it like 1-2x to shrink it then tap and hold, then drag them right to the edge of the screen. I have them all accessibly with my thumb.

Moves in this game are a tad slower so you have room to cancel stuff into super if you need to.

edit: here's what it looks like

i94uNQK5ek39I.jpg

I put off trying to learn Lilli and moved to Heihachi. Seems like he's all about learning 3 links

Overhead to -> + lp (into combo)
-> +mp into -> + lp (into combo)
and cr.lp into -> + lp(into combo)

anything else i should be worried about? I'm aware of s.Hp into HCF lp into s.lk into launch, but that's about as easy as it gets

Zukuu

Banned
I'm mostly playing in the evening / night. Europe (Germany). Feel free to add me on XBL.
Best in the universe! Check it out: Zukuu Z

Infinite

I don't have the game yet but what you guys think of the team Sakura/Lili? Kinda just wanna use them together and I know Lili is a solid character already

Zukuu

Banned
I don't have the game yet but what you guys think of the team Sakura/Lili? Kinda just wanna use them together and I know Lili is a solid character already

Lilie is not only solid. Easily Top 5. Sakura might be on the exact opposite side...

My (obvious temporarily) list:
WSur5Ca.jpg

Ohnonono

You can combo quickly into Super that way? Feels like a stretch.

My only touchscreen stuff is 3P and 3K and I have never had an issue with hitting the super. Vita touchscreen is crazy responsive. That said I might make some macros if I decide to use King at all because some of his 2 button presses are a bit awkward without a stick. Its certainly nice to have the option.

I have been playing this still a ton. I am super bad but feel like I am at least learning to not eat dumb stuff. Shotobads with assist gems aren't an issue anymore at least. Mostly because Cammy HP beats all! Cammy feels like a solid starter for me and so far Ogre has been working out. I really liked playing Lilli but I wanted a higher health character to go with Cammy. Brian is the most fun character in the damn game but I get my face beat in with him.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

Seems really good. Sakura is great in this game and Lili is top 5. They seem to compliment each other.

For the record, that tier list is pretty close to meaningless.

Zukuu

Banned
Sakura is that bad? Nooooooo!

No one in this game is truly "bad". The whole cast is actually pretty close together. There are just a few characters that stick out (top tier). The lower tier could still be considered mid tier, really.

Sakura is decent enough overall, but she lacks damage and pressure, making other characters "better" in comparison, but Sakura not "worse".

Top Bottom