• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
i've had the same thing. i thought maybe it was a problem on my end (my net is ass). i was hoping the patch was going to make things a lot more populated, but apparently it didn't by much. maybe it's just the hours i play, but it still feels heavily biased towards euros and mexico.

i love this game, but i lose motivation to play at times. at least this thread is alive.

i don't think cody players should complain about cr.short nerf. hugo's cr.short also got nerfed, and his wasn't even that great to begin with, epsecially compared to cody's.

You have maybe my favorite avatar on gaf.

That said, I'm having fun using Hugo.

fionel

Nobody replied to me in the Vita thread in community so I will ask here: is the netcode any better in the latest patch? Thinking about getting the vita version as well but was wary about an iffy online experience.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nobody replied to me in the Vita thread in community so I will ask here: is the netcode any better in the latest patch? Thinking about getting the vita version as well but was wary about an iffy online experience.

It's the same as it's been since the first patch. I have no issues with it just dont go past a yellow connection and avoid those in general if you can help it

I'm guessing my router has issues with psn. PSN wasn't that bad when I had a router with tomato installed, but the one time warner cable gave me is a pos. Though I've never lost connection like that before in sfxt.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm guessing my router has issues with psn. PSN wasn't that bad when I had a router with tomato installed, but the one time warner cable gave me is a pos. Though I've never lost connection like that before in sfxt.

Yeah that was weird, there wasn't even any lag spikes or what ever just drops.

Yeah that was weird, there wasn't even any lag spikes or what ever just drops.

It was really janky on my end. I dunno. Couldn't really play footsies or finish combos and I was just throwing stuff out there. That's why I was winning with bear but having a harder time with some of the other characters. Seems weird that it was completely smooth on your end.

Yeah, vega is really solid. I'm still looking for a goto team so I was trying a few different character combinations against you.

Exr

ggs Q. Never played an Ogre before and what in the blue fuck, I don't know how to deal with him. He does so much damage and that hop kick move has such high priority. Is it safe?

I liked the Gill and Urien colors too, who do you main in 3s?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ggs Q. Never played an Ogre before and what in the blue fuck, I don't know how to deal with him. He does so much damage and that hop kick move has such high priority. Is it safe?

I liked the Gill and Urien colors too, who do you main in 3s?

First hit is unsafe, second is safe but can be ducked and drops him really close for a throw.

I used Q and Oro in 3s

Jathaine

Dudley and Chun, I'll give you but its not like there weren't one or two viable Tekken characters before like Kazuya, Lili, etc

Its basically just as it was cept in reverse.

stn

I think Dudley will drop in the tiers due to not having the best footsies. He's up there just because he has raw damage. I feel like Law, Lili, Jin, Chun-Li, and Hwoarang are the best so far? Either way, I think in the end there will be more Tekken characters in the top than SF characters.

Kazuya and Heihachi are also really strong, both are A-tier characters. Paul is one of the best reserves now, Yoshimitsu is solid, Lars is good, Alisa is great, Ogre is awesome, and so forth. The only Tekken characters that I think are bad might be Bryan and Asuka. Almost all the Tekken characters got better, and the ones that got nerfed are still great (Kazuya, Julia).

In contrast, the SF characters who used to be great are now somewhere in the middle. I'm looking at Ryu, Cody, Akuma, and so forth. Ibuki and Hugo suck, Zangief isn't top anymore, Rolento got worse, and so forth.

The SF side definitely got nerfed harder.

Horseress

Dudley and Chun, I'll give you but its not like there weren't one or two viable Tekken characters before like Kazuya, Lili, etc

Its basically just as it was cept in reverse.

Once people start playing more they will not fall into the Tekken chars mixups as frequent as they do now. About "only or two" Tekken characters being viable at vanilla, with some exceptions, they just received better AA's and a few tweaks now, they already had those crazy mixups, people just didn't played enough.

thelastword

Banned
Man I'm trying to get back into this after the recent patch, can anyone tell me why this game lags so much? I've been playing lots of sf4 online with no issues, this game is molasses online.

I played a guy who blocked everything I did, everytime i tried to throw him he counter threw me it seemed, are these gems in play, because the whole match this guy was blinking various colors.

Man I'm trying to get back into this after the recent patch, can anyone tell me why this game lags so much? I've been playing lots of sf4 online with no issues, this game is molasses online.

I played a guy who blocked everything I did, everytime i tried to throw him he counter threw me it seemed, are these gems in play, because the whole match this guy was blinking various colors.

There is definitely a gem for throw counters. You'd have to check if he was using meter when he tech'd your throw

Shouta

I can never interrupt those dumb strings unless I alpha counter.

They aren't true block strings so an EX with in invincibility will go through them but because of the nature of online, that can be difficult. Alpha Counter can be rough online too. The frames being dropped and the timing because of lag really fuck folks up.

They aren't true block strings so an EX with in invincibility will go through them but because of the nature of online, that can be difficult. Alpha Counter can be rough online too. The frames being dropped and the timing because of lag really fuck folks up.

I agree, those block strings are complete BS online. I just don't understand why pretty much every single one of her attacks are safe. It's rather annoying.

Shouta

They're supposed to be unsafe but it really isn't the case. Being at minus 1-5 frames can be somewhat safe online (frame drops, lag) and in a lot of regards it's not that bad offline because of other character's frame data.

They're supposed to be unsafe but it really isn't the case. Being at minus 1-5 frames can be somewhat safe online (frame drops, lag) and in a lot of regards it's not that bad offline because of other character's frame data.

If I had to battle her online a bunch I would probably check out her frame data and figure out how to punish.

I know a lot of reversals will let you input them before the "window" and execute when applicable, like shoryukens.

The biggest lag problem I have is with punishing Heihachis palm to over head. What's crap is when the game lags, and they've mashed counter and get you in a combo anyway

If I had to battle her online a bunch I would probably check out her frame data and figure out how to punish.

I know a lot of reversals will let you input them before the "window" and execute when applicable, like shoryukens.

The biggest lag problem I have is with punishing Heihachis palm to over head. What's crap is when the game lags, and they've mashed counter and get you in a combo anyway
is there frame data for the dlc charas? i usually just set up dummy recording, but i haven't bought the dlc charas. i am super free to most of them right now.

i'm not sure what the reversal window in this game is, but it seems lenient enough. i find reversals easier than cross counters actually, other than for the multi-hitting moves.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How is Cammy in this game? I've been a SFIV player for a while now, but looking to pick this up cause of the patch and how cheap it can be found now. Worth jumping in?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How is Cammy in this game? I've been a SFIV player for a while now, but looking to pick this up cause of the patch and how cheap it can be found now. Worth jumping in?

Cammy is fucking rage inducing Id say almost on par with Guy in this honestly

Bob White

Sorry for the sloppy games, Q. Trying to find someone...anyone, that fits with Christie.

Also, wanna pick up Guy or Dudley for me, Q? lol, when I start going back to wednesday night fights, I don't wanna get rocked by people who actually know how to use them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sorry for the sloppy games, Q. Trying to find someone...anyone, that fits with Christie.

Also, wanna pick up Guy or Dudley for me, Q? lol, when I start going back to wednesday night fights, I don't wanna get rocked by people who actually know how to use them.

I'll probably pick up Guy Im not really a fan of play dudley

Bob White

On AAs, just make me whiff early/blink. I play 80% air defense in my head. So, I'm open to getting blown up on false positives. Dashing then jumping in, dive kicks, and GUY...yeah.

Top Bottom