• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Well you have to drag the boxes. Just tap it like 1-2x to shrink it then tap and hold, then drag them right to the edge of the screen. I have them all accessibly with my thumb.

Moves in this game are a tad slower so you have room to cancel stuff into super if you need to.

edit: here's what it looks like

i94uNQK5ek39I.jpg

:O

After all this time, I had no idea you could shrink and move the touch panel locations, LOL.

Bob White

Another question I have is why do people jump so much in this game?

Two main reasons. One, most people don't know how to mount any offense by baiting/whiff punishing and using their ground game. Two, jumps in are fucking crazy good in this game.

No fucking bullshit, I had to block a neutral jump roundhouse by Jin like it was a cross up. I wonder if people in the community will let these borked cross ups ride or demand a change from capcom.

SUPARSTARX

Its a very jumpy game so the really good tekken antiairs are needed while the sf cast already has good ones. The game will mature into better ground game overall

Grifter

Two main reasons. One, most people don't know how to mount any offense by baiting/whiff punishing and using their ground game. Two, jumps in are fucking crazy good in this game.

No fucking bullshit, I had to block a neutral jump roundhouse by Jin like it was a cross up. I wonder if people in the community will let these borked cross ups ride or demand a change from capcom.

I just died to a Jin jump-in roundhouse that apparently crossed-up. I stared at the death freeze going WTF.

Bob White

I just died to a Jin jump-in roundhouse that apparently crossed-up. I stared at the death freeze going WTF.

I mean, I know a lot of us now a days throw around "broken" too quickly, but...some of these cross ups seriously fit the bill.

It completely takes me out of the game when I lose a hard match to crazy sloppy hitboxes.

SUPARSTARX

The game is a bit borderline "too" offensive sometimes. You get good pressure and people fall over in 2.5 optimized combos.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I mean, I know a lot of us now a days throw around "broken" too quickly, but...some of these cross ups seriously fit the bill.

It completely takes me out of the game when I lose a hard match to crazy sloppy hitboxes.

The mishima's jump kick hitboxes are fucking way too god damn big.

No one in this game is truly "bad". The whole cast is actually pretty close together. There are just a few characters that stick out (top tier). The lower tier could still be considered mid tier, really.

Sakura is decent enough overall, but she lacks damage and pressure, making other characters "better" in comparison, but Sakura not "worse".

Sakura still has amazing frame traps. Her damage is better than a lot of street fighter characters

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Grifter I really was trying to go to training room to learn yoshi, but someone invited me for a few games and I didn't want to be rude. Just so you don't get the idea that I was salty and left to find a different lobby.

Plan is to be winning all my games with you next time lol

Bob White

I got a message like that not too long ago. This dude was using King and, I guess he was used to his hard to punish jump in HP not being challenged. Dude's whole fucking game plan stopped after the 3rd or 4th AA from Christie. I imagine his face looked like a monkey trying to put a square block through a circle hole. He just couldn't wrap his head around his jump in not working lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I got a message like that not too long ago. This dude was using King and, I guess he was used to his hard to punish jump in HP not being challenged. Dude's whole fucking game plan stopped after the 3rd or 4th AA from Christie. I imagine his face looked like a monkey trying to put a square block through a circle hole. He just couldn't wrap his head around his jump in not working lol

Bob lets play:D

Grifter

Thing was, I spent first few games just rushing him down. Slowed down to see what his characters could do and stumbled upon the winning combo of turtling, lag, and cross.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ugh, every single one of those empty jump c.mp from christie I blocked every freaking one. Yet I get hit by every freaking one.

Bob White

Well, looks like Christie really cant do anything against decent zoning. Might move her to the rear permanently.

I think you should explore Poison more, Q. With a day or two, shit will be solid as fuck. Also, EWGFs are...hard.

Bob White

Ugh, every single one of those empty jump c.mp from christie I blocked every freaking one. Yet I get hit by every freaking one.

Really? Fuck, thought I was catching you. Shit might get me blown up offline. Also, when you would throw me out of the empty jumps, were you crouch teching?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Really? Fuck, thought I was catching you. Shit might get me blown up offline. Also, when you would throw me out of the empty jumps, were you crouch teching?

I was just throwing :lol

Well, looks like Christie really cant do anything against decent zoning. Might move her to the rear permanently.

I think you should explore Poison more, Q. With a day or two, shit will be solid as fuck. Also, EWGFs are...hard.
She seems ok, just messing around with her for now

Shouta

Christie does have a projectile invincible move but it's not super useful because of start-up and not being super safe. However, footsies-wise, she does a pretty decent job with some ridiculous limbs.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Christie does have a projectile invincible move but it's not super useful because of start-up and not being super safe. However, footsies-wise, she does a pretty decent job with some ridiculous limbs.

Her s.lk and c.hp is all she really needs really:lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
are the two flash kick and sonic boom buttons not big enough for you, or why?

And that is precisely why I only play people using Pro controls!

Full bars, 0 time outs:
BEKoCUgCcAA8e2z.jpg

Whatever, TURTLE!

Sorry I didn't get online last night- just moved recently and my 360 still isn't hooked up...didn't get a chance to get back online like I hoped!

Grifter

That's cool, hit me up when you're back!

Also, imagine you're getting successfully turtled by a team fronted by Bob. Imagine.

Toge

is there a chun-li sfxt2013 guide? I like the way Ricky ortiz plays her but can't work out the pressure strings he uses.

is there a chun-li sfxt2013 guide? I like the way Ricky ortiz plays her but can't work out the pressure strings he uses.

It's not hard to find out her optimized combos and tag combos. I think you would probably just need more knowledge of her normals and it should be very easy to figure out.

I think you're asking, after a block jump in, what type of block strings he uses.

Is this correct?

Shouta

I think I've narrowed down my teams to Christie (possibly Yoshi)/King and Law/Kuma (Possibly Bob)

Yoshi and Bob would be my sub ins for when I'm feeling a bit more feisty and need something different. Subbing either of them still yields me a 500 damage 1 meter BnB combo that's really easy to perform but gives me a bit more flexibility if I need it like if I need different tools and the like.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I got a 525 plus 1 meter tag cancel combo with Ogre but it requires two dash cancels and online that can be a major pain in the ass :(

Shouta

Mine don't require any dash cancels or anything of the sort. It's pretty simple stuff that I could probably do online as well lol.

cdkee

Banned
God I suck at this game. I feel like all people do is just press buttons sometimes -_-. I'm just bad though. I do feel like people aren't as respectful as in games like SF4. So many wake up DPs and moves, people just do 'em. And I don't expect them too -_-. Need to dumb down my play.

Top Bottom