• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

Doesn't seem like its worth the tag unless you are trying to push them to the corner or you really need to get your point character out.

Its a similar reason why I think hwoarangs EX hunting hawk is a pretty pointless move

HardRojo

I just started playing SFxT today, I have played in the past but just a little so I'm pretty much new to this game, is there a way to turn quick combos off? I never liked them and I was having trouble earlier while trying some AE style kara throws... I just want to disable these stupid quick combos!! AAARGGH!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Doesn't seem like its worth the tag unless you are trying to push them to the corner or you really need to get your point character out.

Its a similar reason why I think hwoarangs EX hunting hawk is a pretty pointless move

It does 100 less damage if you dont tag out, you wouldnt use that combo in the first place if you wanted to do something solo

kirblar

I just started playing SFxT today, I have played in the past but just a little so I'm pretty much new to this game, is there a way to turn quick combos off? I never liked them and I was having trouble earlier while trying some AE style kara throws... I just want to disable these stupid quick combos!! AAARGGH!
Delete your save data and create a new one - it should set the QCs to disabled and give you the 5 basic gem sets.

Shouta

EX Hunting Hawk is good for solo combos. It's 450-500 depending on what you start with it. About 400 if you start with a Low attack. Tagging in your partner isn't always optimal because they may have low life or it puts you in a bad position doing so. It's not recommended for the corner though.

Tag combos are great but there are times when doing a solo combo is the far more optimal solution to a situation. Bad match-ups, you want to heal life on a character, you want to get the most out of your gems, etc. It's a very unexplored element to the game so far but when folks start taking it more seriously, tagging in a for combo at the wrong time can cost you the match.

Shouta

You lose the plates you've earned from beating arcade mode or playing online though your BP stays the same.

HardRojo

Delete your save data and create a new one - it should set the QCs to disabled and give you the 5 basic gem sets.

I just created the save data today, it was the first time I played SFxT on my PS3, should I try and delete the data anyway?

HardRojo

Yes. It loaded up the SFxT 2012 initial info before the 2013 patch got downloaded.

Ah well I had already completed the trials for some characters :(

Edit: Basically set both Quick Combo slots to Preset combo 1 right? Was it that hard for Capcom to put a "Quick Combo ON/OFF" option in the Options menu?

kirblar

Ah well I had already completed the trials for some characters :(

Edit: Basically set both Quick Combo slots to Preset combo 1 right? Was it that hard for Capcom to put a "Quick Combo ON/OFF" option in the Options menu?
Eh, you can always re-do them. Having access to the pre-sets is helpful if you want to ever do tournament play

Yes, unfortunately -it's hard to code in something like that after the fact- they had to backdoor it.

Grifter

Are the pre-sets off by default? I deleted my save and haven't checked that.

When you charge up to an EX move and dash out, is your very next move a counter hit like Tekken?

kirblar

Are the pre-sets off by default? I deleted my save and haven't checked that.

When you charge up to an EX move and dash out, is your very next move a counter hit like Tekken?
Yup- there are a lot of other little touches from Tekken hidden in there.

Zukuu

Banned
how do you fight good ogres? :-( feels like playing seth in the first month of sf4 lol :-(
Don't press low hitting buttons or try to jump after his moves. I think keeping him out works best. His Hunting Hawk (and another string) is actually glitched. While he has to wait 3 frames until he can act again after the 2nd hit, while you can, you can't punish him with 3F moves. (he can block it for some reason) so technically it's -2 punish wise, and -3 option wise.

Bought this for Vita. Runs great. Online is a little laggy. I hate how the intro char animations lag on the system online.

Also can barely find games and I'm looking for both PS3 and Vita opponents. No one plays this on PS3 I guess. :-/

sp3ctr3

how do you fight good ogres? :-( feels like playing seth in the first month of sf4 lol :-(

I play Ogre but am no expert. Here's my findings anyway...

I think the best thing you can do is play keep away. Ogre has no ranged attacks and his movement speed is slow. It's the worst thing I know when I play online, chasing people down. Maybe I don't know how to, but it's a lot harder playing a keep away opponent than a rush down opponent.

fionel

Bought this for Vita. Runs great. Online is a little laggy. I hate how the intro char animations lag on the system online.

Also can barely find games and I'm looking for both PS3 and Vita opponents. No one plays this on PS3 I guess. :-/

Quite the opposite. I think it's just that people on PS3 are used to setting up their matchmaking filters to exclude vita players :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

This seems to be some kind of network glitch on Vita- if you see 1-2 lobbies or nothing, just exit out of the network mode (or the game) and go back in.

Zukuu

Banned
the search is frigging terrible. Their algorithm and connection to the master server seems HEAVILY flawed. You don't even get a portion of available lobbies. Even if you KNOW that there is a lobby available with space, you can search all you want, and may never find it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This seems to be some kind of network glitch on Vita- if you see 1-2 lobbies or nothing, just exit out of the network mode (or the game) and go back in.

I didn't know this, just assumed it had a glitch for "Opponent System" where I set to Any, and I almost exclusively get matched with other Vitaers.

And man, the DCing in this game has got to stop! Grarrrgh

Grifter

Tourney tomorrow, haven't entered one for this game since this time last year, where I got third and both of the top 2 played Raven. Now I'm prob irrationally worried about facing that character.

Prozel

Ordered this game online for my PS3 for about 50,- DKK (Around 10$) and should receive it on Monday. I look forward to try even though I really, really suck at fighting games. I mean, last game was probably Tekken 3 but oh well.

Shouta

Netcode when this game has a great connection it is ok, when it's gone to shit, well, it goes to shit badly.

Most games need to work better on less than a stellar connection. This one rollbacks and frame drops like mad though, gwargh.

Nyoro SF

It would be a far smaller issue if I could pick who to play in ranked like I can in SF4. I liked being able to sort by connection.

Also no option to kick people out of your lobby in ranked... you have to go back to the online options menu and re-search from there.

It's just such a shoddy laggy system. I'm done with it personally.

Krackatoa

Rollback code is still better than no rollback code. After one hit, my Dudley combos preserve timing? Awesome. Links all over the place.

Also, is Dudley's HP.MG blow really as good as it seems when it's Tag Cancelled on Block? Free-Super-Ambiguous Crossup? Unless they Alpha Counter, obviously. Also, Some of the beefiest tag combos on top of it all.

Top Bottom