• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

kirblar

GODLIKE!

2 player teams shouldn't be allowed to play against 1P, you gain SO MUCH with Cross Assalts it's not even fair

Also, there's a guy (hero) playing Cole/PacMan on PSN, and he's pretty godlike, low tier heros FTW
2P is much harder than 1P - it's balanced by the communication difficulty.

Mike Ross really should try starting Combofiend again, though.

Watch this, it's beautiful :D Combo mix (3 games)
Makes me wonder..I played a bit of Third Strike the other day and I must say on the surface it really doesn't play that much different from SFIV or SFxT. In fact, coming from SFxT I understand the basics of SFIII better than SFII. It just has that flow for me. (Of course I'm a beginner and haven't reached the point where I can make frame to frame decisions.)

Zukuu

Banned
The king of damage isn't Kazuya... :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAFDEXbRaDk

Done for the SFxT v2013 Combo Tier list project
Transcript:
[Meterless]
[511] Steve [cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx Ducking>Skyscraper, Ducking>Skyscraper, Ducking>Skyscraper, Ducking Body>Ducking Hook>Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, c.HP xx Sonic Fang]

[Post Tag]
[394] Steve [cl.HP xx Ducking>Fox Hunt, c.MK xx Sonic Fang]

[Corner]
[521] Steve [cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx Ducking>Skyscraper, cl.HP xx Ducking>Fox Hunt, c.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx Sonic Fang]

[Counter Hit]
[545] Steve [cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx Ducking>Skyscraper, Ducking>Skyscraper, Ducking>Skyscraper, Ducking Body>Ducking Hook>Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, c.HP xx Sonic Fang]

[2 Bars]
[689] Steve [cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx EX CADC, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx EX CADC, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx Ducking>Skyscraper, cl.HP xx Ducking>Fox Hunt, c.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx Sonic Fang]

[MAXIMUM DAMAGE SUPER DELUXE!]
[796] Steve [(corner, ch) s.HK>HP, walk forward, cl.HP, c.HP xx Ducking>Fox Hunt xx EX Hellfire, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx EX Hellfire, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx EX Hellfire, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, walk forward, cl.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP c.HP xx Ducking>Skyscraper, cl.HP xx Ducking>Fox Hunt, c.HP xx Flicker Stance, stance cancel, c.HP xx Sonic Fang]

Korosenai

I'm about to pick this game up for $16 on Amazon. I remember it getting a lot of negative feedback when it came out (not sure what it was for though) and it has a lot of 1 star reviews on Amazon. Is it worth picking up now? I've been look at a lot of youtubers who play fighting games, and they've been playing this recently so it's got me pretty hyped.

I'm about to pick this game up for $16 on Amazon. I remember it getting a lot of negative feedback when it came out (not sure what it was for though) and it has a lot of 1 star reviews on Amazon. Is it worth picking up now? I've been look at a lot of youtubers who play fighting games, and they've been playing this recently so it's got me pretty hyped.

The 2013 patch fixed most of it's problems and it's a really great game. 16 bucks for a game this good is a steal.

kirblar

Yup, it's good now. Just keep in mind that you'll really want to get the DLC unlock for the last 12 characters.

Nyoro SF

20$ for the DLC characters.
Various dollars here and there to get all the gems.

Your call.

Horseress

Your call.

$36 for the game + DLC chars (you don't really need the DLC gems) it's a good price imo.

Your call.

I got it for 12€, that's a steal. I don't care about the DLC characters that much, the game comes with plenty of fighters to choose from, anyway. The standard gems aren't that special but I'd never buy a new one. I want to learn fighting without gimmicks, ooh yeaah! It's a great game, I'm having tons of fun with it. To me it feels complete even without buying any DLC stuff...

Do I need the DLC characters? If not, I won't worry about it unless I really like the game.

Nope. You can fight them all without buying the dlc.

You only really need to buy them if the pack contains any character(s) you want use or for training purposes.

Zukuu

Banned
HP, Forward walkspeed, backwalk speed, Forward dash, backdash, CADC, EX CADC prejump frames, neutral-, vertical-, and super jumps, collected updated and ready for all characters, including all stances! Street11 did most of work for this, so be sure to thank him if you see him. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...UMWNBRW1mdmFwUEE&f=true&noheader=false&gid=55

-Walkspeed straight from the pc files, so no rounding BS or "measured visually taking akuma as prime example). The values are multiplied by 1000 tho. (E.G: Akuma has a walk speed of 0.055 - we list it as "55"). As you can see he is not alone with that speed, so the guide is straight wrong here.
-Ogre's back dash is 18F btw! (guide lists 21)
-Steve's EX CADC delay is only 2F. o_O

Shouta

Wow, that takes some slick timing. It's similar to the Law setup although you have to use an EX to speed through the charge.

Does the weird way in which that EX functions prevent some of the damage scaling?

Timing is very easy for it actually. I can do it after about 5 minutes of trying lol. It scales normally.

That combo is 3 bars. His variation is 628 damage. If he used j.hk it's 65845. just st.hp = 645. cr.mk = 618 or so.

kirblar

Timing is very easy for it actually. I can do it after about 5 minutes of trying lol. It scales normally.

That combo is 3 bars. His variation is 628 damage. If he used j.hk it's 65845. just st.hp = 645. cr.mk = 618 or so.
What about a Kuma variation. :p (To the Kuma database I go! ...later.)

It's good, I really enjoyed playing it.
Yes, it's great! A friend who never wants to actually learn characters loves it for its button mashing qualities. :D Haha! He won't win against me this way anymore, though. SFxT is really rewarding if you actually know your character!

Drencrom

It's good, I really enjoyed playing it.

Yes, it's great! A friend who never wants to actually learn characters loves it for its button mashing qualities. :D Haha! He won't win against me this way anymore, though. SFxT is really rewarding if you actually know your character!

Ok, i'm not that big into fighting games so it's a bit reassuring that your non-FGC friend is into it. I bought it cheap so it wouldn't really matter if i didn't enjoy it and i mostly bought this so that i can join in on my friends SFxT sessions while we're on skype

Sometimes I wonder why I don't just play something like Law/Hworang. I get so mad when someone wakes up with Law's ex fist move because it has just enough invincible frames to get past my mix-ups and then proceed to deal 50%+ damage to me and I have to deal with a high-low mix-up. Shit gets frustrating.

But I guess I do play Kazuya, so am i any better? I don't have the purple stuff down pat because I only play casually in between study breaks and stuff, be he still has tons of options. And Asuka is simply the funnest character in the game. Her chains are so much fun <3.

Might replace Kazuya with someone else when I find more time to play the game and learn someone else. I've thought about Xiayou because she looks super fun or Poison to get a neutral game going because Asuka lacks one. But really, this game is usually pretty fun. Glad I gave it a second chance!

Xevren

Is there any reason why Bob doesn't seem to get played? I just started practicing with him the other day, and after playing with people yesterday he seems like a monster. Crazy good damage that's not hard at all, and safe as hell.

Shouta

Online Warriors know Bob is badass. "Pro"-players? Not so much, lol.

Bob's damage is only ok solo but excellent, off tags, easily Top 5 in combo damage. His normals are pretty solid and his jump is absolutely amazing. Bob is in my main roster of characters currently because of how badass he is.

Xevren

Online Warriors know Bob is badass. "Pro"-players? Not so much, lol.

Bob's damage is only ok solo but excellent, off tags, easily Top 5 in combo damage. His normals are pretty solid and his jump is absolutely amazing. Bob is in my main roster of characters currently because of how badass he is.

Yea I've been using Dudley/Bob for the past couple days now, Bob is just amazing in 2nd. Kinda kicking myself for not trying him earlier.

Drencrom

After several hours of getting my ass handed to me by my friends i'm finally starting to grasp the mechanics and make some progress.

Any tips regarding Juri?

Shouta

I don't really play Juri so I can't say too much on her specifically but do remember her pinwheel kick, or whatever the one she spins her legs in a circle a few times, seems to be good for tags and combos, I think. It might just be the EX version though but I recall it being long enough to get some good stuff on it kind of like Ken's HK Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku.

Fox1304

Cross posting from the Vita thread, maybe you guys have an answer for me

Just received SFxT (US Version) from Play-Asia. Nice price.

Tried to redeem the DLC Code on my EU account, didn't work. Had to redeem it on my US Account. Will I be able to use it with my EU account in one way or another ? ( I know that paid content doesn't work on other accounts, but free content does ... what of the redeemed DLC ? ).

DR2K

Banned
After several hours of getting my ass handed to me by my friends i'm finally starting to grasp the mechanics and make some progress.

Any tips regarding Juri?

Use her over head(f +mk) agaisnt down backers. Her cr HK is jump cancellable on hit allowing for follow ups.

Cross posting from the Vita thread, maybe you guys have an answer for me

For Vita it's not possible to use another accounts DLC.

Top Bottom