• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

"Dunno about him, but this game is more about footies than SF4 is, kinda like the older games."

Yes, you also have to commit to your decisions and a bad decision is punished in a significant way at all times in a match.

Spacebar

Just a few questions...

When is the update coming to PC?

I have ps3 TE stick, ps3 mad catz sfxt controller, USB Saturn pad, and a Xbox 360 mad catz sfxt controller. Can any of those work on PC without modding for this game?

Schuhu

Neo Member
Just a few questions...

When is the update coming to PC?

I have ps3 TE stick, ps3 mad catz sfxt controller, USB Saturn pad, and a Xbox 360 mad catz sfxt controller. Can any of those work on PC without modding for this game?

PC just got 1.06 recently, so I guess in ~5 months at best?

I know that 360 stuff is plug&play with windows, don't know about the rest.

could you elaborate please? I Know this felt more natural to me than SF4, but I wouldn't call it more "Street fighter"
i think most association lies with cvs2, which was the one of the more footsies-based game. "street fighter" seems like such a broad term. sf2, sf3, and sf4 are all pretty unique in their own regards. points can be made for and against sfxt compared to each version, but i don't think sfxt bears resemblance to sf2 more than sf4 does for example.

xCobalt

Anyone play Hwoarang? What's his most damaging combo after a crouching short or roundhouse overhead? Midscreen and meterless too.

Hieberrr

I fucking hate the shit they are pulling with these games. Upgraded versions for SF4, MvC3, this... ugh. Just get it right.

"I fucking hate the shit they are pulling with these games. Upgraded versions for SF4, MvC3, this... ugh. Just get it right."

It's a free patch.

I fucking hate the shit they are pulling with these games. Upgraded versions for SF4, MvC3, this... ugh. Just get it right.

Don't know about most people but I love updates. Will my character get buffed? Will my character get nerfed? Fuck Capcom, they just ruin everything! It creates a lot of fear, anxiety, and excitement. Still crossing my fingers for AE 2013.

supahkiwi

Banned
Anyone play Hwoarang? What's his most damaging combo after a crouching short or roundhouse overhead? Midscreen and meterless too.

I used the WeirdoNeo variation:

cr.lk st.mk, st.mk, st.hk xx hk hunting hawk (easy hitconfirm or tag cancel possibilities)

if they block the string, you can cancel st.hk into a command dash (go for throw or restart the string all over again) or his dynamite heel (+1 on block, groundbounces if the opponent tries to jump away).

After roundhouse overhead, I used this in vanilla:

st. hk xx hk. hunting hawk. I think their might be a better variation in 2013, but I'm not totally sure.

xCobalt

I used the WeirdoNeo variation:

cr.lk st.mk, st.mk, st.hk xx hk hunting hawk (easy hitconfirm or tag cancel possibilities)

if they block the string, you can cancel st.hk into a command dash (go for throw or restart the string all over again) or his dynamite heel (+1 on block, groundbounces if the opponent tries to jump away).

After roundhouse overhead, I used this in vanilla:

st. hk xx hk. hunting hawk. I think their might be a better variation in 2013, but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks. I was messing around with cancelling the second st.mk into flamingo strings and ending with Sky Rocket. It does a bit more damage but the combo is trickier to do.

For some reason, I can't connect the st.hk after the roundhouse overhead (f+hk). Going into flamingo stance then doing s.hp works as well though. Same damage.

Really liking Hwoarang...tag cancelling after hunting hawk is really good because you can charge up moves during the animation and get a lot more damage.

MrKayle

soo.. Lei seems kinda awesome? and his cyber-man alt costume is sick.

saw Xian (SF4 gen player) using him on a stream the other day, it was hot

Honestly surprised Capcom keeps trying with this game. Saw footage of 2013 version and looks pretty fun and will probably play it again but whats the ultimate goal here. Not to have bad press for Tekken x Street Fighter?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Still on the verge if I should buy this for PC.... hmmmmm... I played the 360 version back when the sound skipped in online games, and that alone ruined me.

kirblar

My main gripe with the game is the overall rules of the tag team fights. I wish there was a mode that required defeating BOTH fighters instead of just one. I always feel robbed when my player gets ko'd early, and I feel like I got a cheap win if it's the other way around. I know many people might prefer it this way, but it would still be nice to have a choice. Makes me wonder how hard it would be to mod the pc version to play like a traditional match?
This game was modeled in large part on the Tekken Tag series - the high damage, single KO parts of that is directly influenced from those games.

Skilletor

Honestly surprised Capcom keeps trying with this game. Saw footage of 2013 version and looks pretty fun and will probably play it again but whats the ultimate goal here. Not to have bad press for Tekken x Street Fighter?

How often does Capcom abandon a game with Street Fighter in the title? Look at the history. People shouldn't be surprised that Capcom has tried to salvage this game.

Revven

For the tournament players who put time into the game that didn't have any new players coming into the SFxT scene because of the inherent issues with the game.

And... because objectively it really did have multiple issues even for those who did find some joy in playing it seriously. I guess Capcom also saw it as a way to "redeem" themselves for the shitpile this game was when it launched. *shrugs*

I, honestly, wouldn't even expect TxSF to come out for another 3 years because Harada is focused on working with Sakurai & Nintendo on the next Smash Bros. So even by the time TxSF comes out, it's likely most will have forgotten what happened with SFxT (plus the fact it's completely different developers and publisher with completely different business practices and philosophies). I don't have much worry about how TxSF will come out other than how they handle the SF characters lol.

Revven

Sure, but it doesn't seem as bad when you can get the game for <$20 and by comparison KoF XIII's characters are still $5 a piece.

True, I guess. Only reason I'm iffy on the DLC characters is because there's only like....... one I actually care about. The rest are characters I simply do not play at all or intend to play lol.

I might download the patch, but I dunno *shrugs*. Every time I try to put any time into a fighting game (that's one I don't or haven't played very often), I wind up getting caught up in my academics instead and have zero time to actually dedicate to the game. :(

Shouta

Thanks. I was messing around with cancelling the second st.mk into flamingo strings and ending with Sky Rocket. It does a bit more damage but the combo is trickier to do.

For some reason, I can't connect the st.hk after the roundhouse overhead (f+hk). Going into flamingo stance then doing s.hp works as well though. Same damage.

Really liking Hwoarang...tag cancelling after hunting hawk is really good because you can charge up moves during the animation and get a lot more damage.

Remember to figure out if it's better to shorten your hit confirm or if it's better to extend it. You can maximize damage by reducing the number of hits a lot of the time so be careful of what you want to lead in with and try not to use too many garbage attacks at the start like throwing in a bunch of jabs. It runs pretty counter to how a lot of SF4 plays like so you gotta keep that in mind.

Schuhu

Neo Member

f+hk -> flamingo.mp -> flamingo.mp (sends them flying) -> special step -> Sky rocket;
That should be the most damage you can get from it meterless.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
You have never being to one of these things have you? Bunch of BO smelling neckbeards and greasy mofos go to these things.

Have YOU ever been to a fighting game tournament? Is it actually about the exact opposite.

Just bought this recently and been playing the Arcade mode in local co-op, enjoying it so far.
But I noticed all stories seem to either end in a cliffhanger or in a certain "but there is still more to come!" kind of way.

Was there ever any kind of official announcement when or if these stories are being continued? Maybe in Namco's TxSF?

Edit: In before "lol, playing fighting games for story!"

I think end of summer is probably the earliest.

Well, at least it's cheap if you got it on sale. I paid $19 for the game and costumes during the flash sale in November and bought the $5 DLC.

Hopefully, it comes out in April or May.

I wish Capcom would give me another free upgrade for AE while they develop whatever for next gen,

cackhyena

Don't know about most people but I love updates. Will my character get buffed? Will my character get nerfed? Fuck Capcom, they just ruin everything! It creates a lot of fear, anxiety, and excitement. Still crossing my fingers for AE 2013.
Why, is their talk?

Ribbon

So 2013 made this a very good game. At first I didn't think the changes altered it enough, but after playing my friend's copy more, I bought the game again and am enjoying it a lot. New team is Jin X Chun Li, looking to learn Asuka too and have the cousins as a team :).

so there was literally no endless lobbies at all. i decided to try scramble mode online for the first time. wtf why is this so fun? its hillarious. i'm surprised theres even a decent amount of players doing it too.

This Hwoarang instant-esque dive kick is amazing, but quite hard to pull off consistently. I'm trying to throw it into my frame-trap game. After a blocked tekken string, go into dynamite heel dash cancel, then immediately into instant dive kick (tiger knee).

You can also EX the dive kick which makes it extremely similar to Cammy's. You can link a cr. MP if your distance is correct. It's harder to link right next to the character like the regular version, but that's not really a bad thing.

Top Bottom