• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken Vita |OT|

Aren't gifts just customized costume colors? Check the customization options.

And that is one complaint I have about this port...they just added the new modes/features to existing options. Why is Burst Kumite under Arcade and the gallery/AR stuff under Profile settings?

I checked the customization options.

It's an alternate costume that I got, supposedly, but when I go to that character's options, I can't switch costumes.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Capcom has clearly no shame making misleading advertising, this is a vita trailer with ps3 gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwHlgtC5XZo&feature=related

trailer
0.jpg

game
xggtc-x-ss01jpg-441657.jpg

Capcom should be sued.

Another reason for me to hate capcom. Yay!
Oh, come on, the game looks phenomenal during gameplay. There's no reason to complain.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Most of those trailers say the screen was simulated with PS3/Xbox screens.....
Could you please show me where in that trailer it's written that the gameplay is from the ps3 version?

Oh, come on, the game looks phenomenal during gameplay. There's no reason to complain.
I like the vita version more, but
1)i don't like misleading advertising, and i'm not the only one, companies are punished for this reason.
2)i'm a capcom hater, and haters gonna hate XD

I'm gonna gonna go who cares. There are tons of games that don't end up looking like their preview screens and vids. That's what bullshots are and early non final code is.

Game looks good to me.

Lothars

Damn shame i want to go digital with this as i am gonna play it a lot, will wait for a sale on PSN. How big is the game size on PSN.
it's 2.2 gb

I'm gonna gonna go who cares. There are tons of games that don't end up looking like their preview screens and vids. That's what bullshots are and early non final code is.

Game looks good to me.
It looks fantastic, runs great. I am very impressed by the port.

I don't think the trailer is misleading or there's something wrong with how it was presented.

Edit: I do have one complaint and It's basically the same as the UMVC3 port intially where the characters weren't unlocked in the vita version, they are not unlocked in the ps3 version for whatever reason.

I was reading on Capcom Unity and it sounds like it's a known issue but I hope capcom lets us know when it will be resolved.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I like the vita version more, but
1)i don't like misleading advertising, and i'm not the only one, companies are punished for this reason.
2)i'm a capcom hater, and haters gonna hate XD
I'm gonna be honest here, but I suspect most people would not notice or care. This discrepancy would only really matter if the Vita version ended up looking like shit in comparison (which it doesn't).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Am i the only one who thinks that they could have used the wrong shader?
As you can see in the vita screen, where blanka should have blacks has white or light blue... replace white and light blue with black and the result should be close to the ps3 version.

MrMephistoX

Definitely buying this over the weekend when I have a little more free time...crazy work, baby and masters schedule this week.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I checked the customization options.

It's an alternate costume that I got, supposedly, but when I go to that character's options, I can't switch costumes.

Is this an alternate costume that you bought or received from the code inside the box? If not, you can't use the gift custom that you received.

craaap I didn't know the code for the PS3 characters was borked, its part of the reason I got it :/
also downloading all stupid gem packs and everything into the vita feels like its taking forever. I wish they just put them into the game

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Quick question: I have been seeing a bunch of alternate costumes online on YouTube. Are those unlocked in game and if so how? I ask because I don't see them on psn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU461gd5Svw

The video you are linking to accessed the costumes/DLC characters with a modded Xbox 360. The alternate costumes are not available for sale yet, AFAIK. Only the DLC characters' alts are available on Vita with the code included with the packaged version.

SUPARSTARX

Am I the only one having weird AR pics being dimmed? Regular camera shots are finely lit but in the same area with the game's AR photo mode it's all dark as hell and I can't find any option settings for it.

craaap I didn't know the code for the PS3 characters was borked, its part of the reason I got it :/
also downloading all stupid gem packs and everything into the vita feels like its taking forever. I wish they just put them into the game
Suffer!!

ud0LN.gif

<3

It's incredible, especially after being used to having gimped home console ports on the SNES and PSX/Saturn for so many years. The PSP positively blew my mind when it came out. CPS2 games on that thing was a revelation, seriously. No more crappy "adapted" handheld ports ever, ever again.

Mine did, too, except it actually was for the DLC character outfits as intended... How bizarre. (My pre-order was canceled at the last minute, so sometimes Amazon sends the bonus anyway. I am planning to get the digital copy.)

Still haven't heard anything from Capcom regarding the PS3 character DLC. =\

My bad -- I got it mixed up -- my preorder code was for what it was intended to be... so I'm still missing everything promised from the voucher slip.
I've been trying to keep the thread over at capcom-unity bumped and full of info so someone will eventually see it and respond:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...29454959/sfxt-vita-vouchers&pg=last&525426263

I've also put in more calls to the support line (answering machine again, left messages) and reported this to the Joystiq tip line.

It seems that people who ordered from GS seem to have their preorder codes working for the 38 alt costumes and are only missing the 12 PS3 characters now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Getting to and from the menu is MUCH faster than UMvC3 was.

I dunno about that. Seems like load times in Juggle are a bit slower than Marvel.

Lonely1 said:
I believe is the best looking Vita game to date. Do you disagree? :p

Yes, completely. With Uncharted as my refuting point.

It's a nice looking game, but it's definitely taking some concessions in terms of getting the port to run on the hardware.

Also replays are online only compared to Marvel where I can go online, download 20 or so replays and watch them offline at a later date. WTF Capcom? How the hell do you fail that basic test after your first outing!?

Am I the only one having issues with the frame rate on this game? It drops noticeably all the time no matter which mode I'm in and its really distracting. After seeing how smooth UMVC3 and Mortal Kombat was its a tad disappointing :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Also replays are online only compared to Marvel where I can go online, download 20 or so replays and watch them offline at a later date. WTF Capcom? How the hell do you fail that basic test after your first outing!?

In case you haven't noticed yet none of capcom's games are consistant with the options and features in between them.

There was an interview before with keiji inafune and another with ono I believe where they both talked about the development stuff not being shared between teams. As if they were all competing against each other.

vg260

Well, got my copy and the voucher only gave the 38 alts. Hopefully they address it soon. I'm guessing it's an issue on Sony's end associating the different DLC packs together under one code.

Am I the only one having issues with the frame rate on this game? It drops noticeably all the time no matter which mode I'm in and its really distracting. After seeing how smooth UMVC3 and Mortal Kombat was its a tad disappointing :(

It's drops some when playing online. Havent gone through arcade mode yet though.

Also, do people's pre Order codes for the 12 alt costumes work ?

It's drops some when playing online. Havent gone through arcade mode yet though.

Also, do people's pre Order codes for the 12 alt costumes work ?

I'm not playing online, just offline in training mode and its mainly smooth but it still drops a bit here and there. Its far from a game breaker as otherwise the port is really impressive but its just a bit disappointing is all. I'm playing the retail version not digital version of that makes a difference?

I'm playing a retail cart.

I played some more online today. It's weird, haven't' had a lot of good connections today and last night. Actually, most of my matches have been laggy. On UMVC3, it's the opposite, most matches are smooth.

I guess I am just having bad luck with connections.

I played some more online today. It's weird, haven't' had a lot of good connections today and last night. Actually, most of my matches have been laggy. On UMVC3, it's the opposite, most matches are smooth.

Out of interest have you installed the 1.07 update? I deleted it and played it again (quick arcade run through) and it seemed better, or I'm just imagining things!

Either way, the game plays really well on the Vita. The controls took a few tries to properly get down as it uses 6 buttons but soon enough I was pulling off my Heihachi combos with ease. The touch screen short cuts are dead handy for supers and EX moves and the D Pad still impresses me with just how good it is when it comes to pulling off any special moves.

It also looks great and its nice to see the backgrounds are animated (more so than the UMVC3 port I believe?). I'll have to give some other characters a try, on the console version I pretty much just stuck with Heihachi, Law and Rolento.

Skilletor

My experience as well. Great connections in Marvel, pretty poor connections in this.

lepo

Am i the only one who thinks that they could have used the wrong shader?
As you can see in the vita screen, where blanka should have blacks has white or light blue... replace white and light blue with black and the result should be close to the ps3 version.

It's lacking self shadowing and for what I can see from the videos it's even lacking contact shadows

They have used a facing ratio/ incidence shader in order to get those white parts on Blanka so we can read the shapes a bit better

Ken

Hm, I'm confused. I see that Alisa has two alt costumes; the Juri outfit and a red dress. Is it possible to buy them both on the PSN store?

branny

The Juri one is a swap outfit while that gothic thing is her alt.

The generic alts for the DLC characters were a pre-order bonus for the Vita version.

I don't believe any of the alternate costumes (both for the DLC characters and original cast) are on the store yet. I think those are coming on Oct. 30. As far as I know, the Vita version is supposed to come with all of those alternate costumes (not swap) and unlock that content for the PS3 version just like the DLC characters.

Ken

The Juri one is a swap outfit while that gothic thing is her alt.

The generic alts for the DLC characters were a pre-order bonus for the Vita version.

I don't believe any of the alternate costumes (both for the DLC characters and original cast) are on the store yet. I think those are coming on Oct. 30. As far as I know, the Vita version is supposed to come with all of those alternate costumes (not swap) and unlock that content for the PS3 version just like the DLC characters.

So I wouldn't be able to get the alts for both console or Vita until the 30th? Kind of amazed they still have locked/unreleased DLC for this game...

So even if I preordered at my local GS I still might not get the voucher with the alt costumes?
The one inside the box it's just for unlock content on the home console version?

Well, got my copy and the voucher only gave the 38 alts. Hopefully they address it soon. I'm guessing it's an issue on Sony's end associating the different DLC packs together under one code.

I used the voucher and I only see alts for the extra characters on my Vita version. I'm thoroughly confused by what I get with this game.

At least the game itself is good.

Shuken

Neo Member
An exclusive feature of the vita version should have been the teather mode. Anyone can confirm that is in the game?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
On the subject of best looking Vita game, this may be the best 60fps Vita game so far, easy.

But aside from Uncharted, I think LittleBigPlanet Vita takes the cake. "Oh my god, it's full of shaders."

It's kinda confusing. Best Buy didn't send me my pre-oder voucher yet. It wasn't on my receipt (I think, heh).

I didn't use the voucher in the case though yet, but I downloaded the free swap pack that was on the PSN store, so I have those on my Vita.

But I thought I the voucher in the case gave those 38 swap alts, and then the 12 dlc characters for the PS3 version.

So I guess it gives the 38 alt, alts? IDK.

And the pre-order voucher gave the 12 swap alts for those DLC guys.

I think.

Rasec

Who had the brilliant idea on SCEE of putting up all the dlc and gems and extras for the game but not putting the game up for sale.

I can't believe we have to wait until friday to get the game.

vg260

I used the voucher and I only see alts for the extra characters on my Vita version. I'm thoroughly confused by what I get with this game.

At least the game itself is good.

Based on what I've gathered from other DLC purchases recently it's supposed to give you separate DLC items for each part of the pack in your history when you redeem, as PSN has been doing it recently for cross-buy items and DLC packs (e.g. buying Tokyo Jungle 4-pack bundle gave 4 individual animal listings in my DL list and the swap pack gave both a Vita and PS3 line item). So, I believe we should have gotten these line items in the DL history:
1. 38 alts for the Vita
2. 38 alts for PS3
3. 12 characters for PS3.
Only got #1 as well.

branny

UGH my head hurts trying to process all of this DLC nonsense.

I really just want to buy the digital version, but I don't want to get screwed out of effed up PS3 DLC that may only even be exclusive to the retail version for all I know.

Who had the brilliant idea on SCEE of putting up all the dlc and gems and extras for the game but not putting the game up for sale.

I can't believe we have to wait until friday to get the game.

At first I thought it was kinda weird, but then I just tried to see it like if you had the chance to download patches and addons early, so that when you'll boot the game, you'll be ready to go.
It's that bad

Thanks for the details on the voucher everyone, what a mess

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Just got back from doing the gamestop deal on a physical copy + the PS3 version for ten bucks. I put the code with the game into the PS3, but it only gave me a download for 38 costumes for vita - no costumes for PS3, and no 12 DLC characters for PS3.

Going to start the vita game now, patch it, and log into PSN and see if that blesses my account for the 12 characters (you know, the part that matters).

Oh Capcom. Oh Sony. Oh PSN.

Top Bottom