• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I know people hate Max Landis but I wish we could get his take on this. he makes some fun rants

and if this is this bad, he'd probably have some interesting point of view since he really does know and care about the caracters

but, alas, his Netflix script is being directed by David Ayer

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Salsa

it's hard to top The Nice Guys this year or any recent

Zootopia, April and the extraordinary world and The Dark Horse are up there I guess

edit: The Witch too, maybe

Poor Ayer, he should have just straight up copied and made a live action Assault on Arkham. I bet people would have liked that a lot more. Having only 6 weeks and all to make a script.

I know people hate Max Landis but I wish we could get his take on this. he makes some fun rants

and if this is this bad, he'd probably have some interesting point of view since he really does know and care about the caracters

but, alas, his Netflix script is being directed by David Ayer

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He certainly gets a lot of hate and I find him annoying sometimes but I would love for him to write Man of Steel 2. His Superman American Alien comic was really good and proved that he can write a slighly grittier and "realistic" Superman that is still likeable and faithful to the character and not the dead husk we saw in BvS.

Predator is happening first. Maybe he gets the Rock into that as well. I definitely wouldn't mind a jungle ensemble of The Rock, Gosling, Crowe and Colonel Mel Gibson.

Haven't heard Black talk Predator, is he aiming for his usual blend of drama, action, comedy?

he said he wrote two scripts. one with dutch in a supporting role and one without him. didn't say which one he decided on.

also apparently he wants to bring back the horror/mystique of the Predator.

Salsa

legit changed ticket to go see The Secret Life of Pets just now

to be fair my theatre was packed and I hate that experience. I might go see it next week I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom