• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
should I watch creed?

Yeah, it's fantastic and I'm not even a Rocky fan. That shit made me cry, great acting, very well written characters and the music was amazing. The Rocky theme was so well placed, a bit short for my liking but still. Watch it.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Patty Jenkins (director of WW) on Suicide Sqaud via Twitter
Uh… You guys. Super confused. Just went to the premiere of #SuicideSquad. Hadn’t seen it. It’s great! Not sort of great. GREAT! I mean...
..I loved it. So surprised by some reviews. I don't get it. I thought it was awesome. And NOT just because I'm in the DC world. Truly.

tumblr_m03bucXu0R1rq535ko1_500.gif

Busty

Banned
Predator is happening first. Maybe he gets the Rock into that as well. I definitely wouldn't mind a jungle ensemble of The Rock, Gosling, Crowe and Colonel Mel Gibson.

I believe that The Rock is booked solid with projects for the next 2 or 3 years so probably not unless Rampage slips again.

All superhero movie topics end up being about me anyways

It is cleared marked in GAF's T&C.

Just playin' ball, probably.

Even if she meant it, whatevz. Different people got different tastes, and hell, Nolan is a fan of Michael Bay.

Yeah. She probably does feel that way about it, even if some of it is because it's in a universe she's working in and that could have her more pumped than usual. But, who's to say she's not being 100% honest. Seems like a pretty smart lady to me.

I'm not sure when I'm seeing this myself, I've lost interest after all the terrible reviews, but then again I'm the motherfucking Blockbuster Defense Force captain so perhaps I need to go, like it even if it's shit, and stand up for my brethren.

Directors don't know the first thing about good movies.

Hell, they can't even tell what good directing is. See Tom Hooper winning the DGA over Fincher in 2010.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I'm kind of taken aback that people like Jon Schnepp who HATED BvS, loved this movie.
And then you have someone like Grace Randolph, who loved BvS and at some point became a one woman army for it, hating this movie.

IconGrist

Are you really pretending that industry professionals haven't heard of Rotten Tomatoes?

A lot of actors pay zero mind to reviews. I've seen so many get asked about reviews of movies they've been in and have no clue. Box Office performance on the other hand...

Kuros

A lot of actors pay zero mind to reviews. I've seen so many get asked about reviews of movies they've been in and have no clue. Box Office performance on the other hand...

I think a fair few of them will say they don't read reviews when they actually do.

We're back to 30% folks! Thanks to this wonderful string of positive reviews

The closest Suicide Squad comes to the masterworks of Christopher Nolan is that, like Memento, it suffers from instant amnesia.
It wants so desperately to be subversive and irreverent in the manner of Fight Club or, more likely, Deadpool. And yet the most shocking thing about it is how risk-averse it turns out to be.
Is Suicide Squad the worst superhero flick, ever? Not remotely. It starts with style and laughs before descending into a mud pit of clichés and dull action. Worth seeing for Viola Davis' mighty Amanda Waller as the spinoff I now want most.
There are those that will hate this film beyond reason, and those that will love it beyond fact. The truth lands somewhere in the middle, as we've got something that feels more squandered than anything...

Mrbob

Too bad. Was looking forward to this. Now expectations are super low.

Guessing this will be like BvS with a big opening weekend and then massive drop off due to negative word of mouth.

Is the DC movie Universe going to get rebooted again? I don't know how this universe survives with a string of failure movies.

All about Batfleck movies from now on. Hopefully those don't get messed up.

Too bad. Was looking forward to this. Now expectations are super low.

Guessing this will be like BvS with a big opening weekend and then massive drop off due to negative word of mouth.

Is the DC movie Universe going to get rebooted again? I don't know how this universe survives with a string of failure movies.

Rebooted again ? This is ther first Expanded Universe on film.

I thin the important thing to take away from all this is:

You do not have to hire directors who say "Im a huge comic book fan, I have been all my life"

Instead:

Hire competent directors who know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom