• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EX2bpg6.png

wew lad

I actually had some fun with Warcraft, so who knows!

rrc1594

Man dreams are being shattered for the DC universe. We get the Worlds Finest on the big screen together for the first time and it ends up being bad. Wonder Woman on the big screen for the first time and she's in a bad movie. Harley Quinn on the big screen for the first time, bad movie. This is the first time Joker was in a bad movie. A no smiling Superman who's face is always constipated. We could've had a Red Hood story line for the solo Batman film but now that's ruined because Batman is a killer in this universe.

Jimmy Olsen
...WHY :(

This is what's the most insane about this whole universe. Like WTF Zack

Dai101

Banned
OH WOW
The movie will bomb then, in a lot of cities Cinemex is the only movie theather, also they are the cheapest

Indeed. Also in a lot of low income communities (barrios/colonias/delegaciones/etc.) they are the only theaters too.

I posted this in the BCT, don't mind if i post it again:

Myself said:
Damn, if Suicide Squad isn't a dumpster fire, now turns out the movie is not going to be showed in Mexico's #2 cinemas chain:

0yAsI6Y.jpg

"Dear Guest"

We inform you that the movie Suicide Squad will not be projected in any of our theaters.

In Cinemex we saw the necessity to take this desition since our distributor Universal Pictures Mexico, changed in the last minute the terms that were already negociated prior. This new terms leave Cinemex in disadvantage with its competition.

Cinemex is a company that for more than 20 years have keept a continuous compromise to bring the best content offerings in entertainment; is for this reason we regret not be able to bring this movie to our guests.

To all of our guests that already have aquired tickets in presale, as well as several promotions for this movie, we invite you to your nearest Cinemex complex.

We appreciate your understanding.

According to some news outlets is not the first time the same distributor has done something to Cinemex in regards of a movie.

My finest hour was vanity searching, finding that, then being dumb for like 5 minutes in there before making an ill-advised post in the DCOT that came off way meaner than it intended to

the fuck

we didn't have shit this year. Freaking 2 Fast 2 Trek was the best we got. Civil War was very competently made but on a rewatch I got kinda bored of it until the airport scene. I loved the nerdy earnestness of WarCraft. I wouldn't call it that good a movie though no way. but i certainly enjoyed it.

You brought this upon yourself you know!

It wasn't MY fault Snyder made a Snyder movie!

Ya'll played yourselves

we didn't have shit this year. Freaking 2 Fast 2 Trek was the best we got. Civil War was very competently made but on a rewatch I got kinda bored of it until the airport scene. I loved the nerdy earnestness of WarCraft. I wouldn't call it that good a movie though no way.

I did like that WarCraft didn't give a fuck if you had no idea what the plot was and just went full stupid with it but goddamnit

Beyond was a lot of fun though for sure

Schlorgan

we didn't have shit this year. Freaking 2 Fast 2 Trek was the best we got. Civil War was very competently made but on a rewatch I got kinda bored of it until the airport scene. I loved the nerdy earnestness of WarCraft. I wouldn't call it that good a movie though no way. but i certainly enjoyed it.
Don't you dare badmouth Beyond like that.

Phediuk

Ghostbusters ended up being one of the best movies of the summer lol.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Its shocking i know, but i had fun watching Warcraft. Would i watch it again, probably not - but it served my needs of escapeism for a while. Hope SS will grand be at least that.

Schlorgan

yeah I shouldn't belittle it. Action was very spotty but the film itself was the best of the trek reboots for me. Felt like a big budget 2 parter episode of the show. they nailed it.

I think I liked it more than Civil War. XD

I'm also a little touchy since it's not doing so hot.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
yeah I shouldn't belittle it. Action was very spotty but the film itself was the best of the trek reboots for me. Felt like a big budget 2 parter episode of the show. they nailed it.

I wish it was a little bit more political in a way. Almost too actiony for me. But I still liked it. Would give it a solid "B" letter grade.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Is Civil War on blu-ray yet? Watched it once in the theater, time for a re-watch.

I love how there is an editing war right now in Wikipedia over whether the film's reception was "mixed" or "negative." Its changing literally every minute.

So in terms of rotten tomato score average is this the worst summer in a while for blockbuster movies? I can't figure out by googling, it just gives me a list of individual movies instead. I wish there was some site that tracked the averages for entire periods of rotten tomatoes.

mjc

So in terms of rotten tomato score average is this the worst summer in a while for blockbuster movies? I can't figure out by googling, it just gives me a list of individual movies instead. I wish there was some site that tracked the averages for entire periods of rotten tomatoes.

I don't remember there being such a consistently subpar summer for RT ratings in recent memory...so yeah I think you're right.

Yeeeeeeeeep.

I mean, what was the competition? Warcraft? Tarzan? X-Men? Independence Day? Alice 2? And now Suicide Squad? I would watch Ghostbusters again any day over any of those.

Finding dory has a 94%, while Star Trek beyond has an 84%. And that's just blockbusters, theres a lot of smaller movies that are over 90%.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Luister hier Slayven je god damn duif eigenaar, heb ik over genoeg van uw jibber had jabber knoeien met mijn zieke stroom

Waar heb je het nou in hemelsnaam over, praat eens godverdomme normaal joh. Gek.

If Dwayne Johnson had any sense he would jump off this sinking ship and claim his rightful role as Namor the First.

Not that I am expecting Shazam! to ever be made.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but the opening day numbers in France are pretty crazy. 307 000 tickets were sold on the first day, more than BvS, Civil War, Deapool and X-Men.

http://www.20minutes.fr/cinema/1904...ilm-symptome-machine-infernale-hollywoodienne

This is a relatively small market but it might be indicative of the worldwide opening numbers. DC movies have never done that well in France (the Nolan films did decently but nothing to write home about) so this is kind of surprising since the reviews have been pretty brutal here as well.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I will say I totally bought the
June/Flagg relationship. I'd actually want to see more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom