• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more from the archives.

nkPVmGm.gif

originally had captain america hail hydra there

frg.gif

Chase17

I liked BvS much more than its reviews (liked it more than Thor 2). So hopefully this is a similar case. Either way the low scores are not a good look for DC.

kswiston

Did that guy in the oficial thread doom the film by saying that it would get 1% on RT for every minute Ropeguy survives?

You quoted pre edit post but my point is, even the early footage trailer was intentionally put together at it is and as it pertains to the original direction they were taking the movie. These things do not happen by accident. Mid-way through production, the producers and screen testing showed there wasnt enough humor so they shifted gears.

Maybe. I don't know. Regardless, trailers changing tone isn't terribly surprising to me. Age of Ultron's teaser was somber to where folks complained it didn't have enough jokes. Once the trailers came out, it more and more resembled the first Avengers.

Leto called most of those stories, and that one specifically, out as BS.

Carcetti

I don't think this will do badly despite the reviews. There's lots of things in there that teenage boy crowds should gobble up.

kunonabi

I still think it's dumb to write movies off before release based on pre-release materials and casting (see the L ghostbusters haters took).

What L? It cratered, lost Sony money, and turned out mediocre with all the gripes and concerns people had turning out to be validated.

Sorcerer

I don't think this will do badly despite the reviews. There's lots of things in there that teenage boy crowds should gobble up.

It might have a solid opening weekend, but the second week drop is going to be tremendous.
Same thing that happened to BVS.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
And i expected nothing better to be honest..the trailers never sold me.
I expected sexism, (I mean come on those Harley shots from the trailers got ridiculous), but certainly not racism. O_O I was expecting 70s at best, not as low as 36 I mean GODDAMN.

Nokterian

Oh let's add that Jai Courtney inflicted self damage and using drugs to get into the role of Boomerang...yeah that's not how you do for a role..it is plain stupid doing shit like that.

maxcriden

For his own part, Leto said he was just following his maniacal, cum-posting muse: “I did a lot of things to create a dynamic to create an element of surprise, a spontaneity, and to really break down any kind of walls that may be there,” he told E! reporter Marc Malkin. “The Joker is somebody who doesn’t really respect things like personal space or boundaries.” Which, we’d like to remind everybody, is why people put him in prison whenever they possibly can.

Not to be confused with Daniel-Day Lewis's practice of speaking like Abraham Lincoln.

I can't wait for the

"Bbbut you have to wait for the extended unrated Director's edition to get the full experience".

I still can't believe I was scammed by the hyperbole of fanboys that said the same about BvS Directors Cut when it was still bad film.

ActWan

Lol what? The difference between this and the "the Avengers and X-men ones" is that that one is getting absolutely destroyed by critics and the other has had Certified Fresh ratings on pretty much every one of their entries.

I'm not talking about the critics...it was just weird to me that people expected a good movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom