• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my favorite part of BvS was someone telling me that I should watch the three hour extended cut of that piece of shit.

The worst three hours of my 2016 for sure. But I just HAD to see Batfleck and Carl Drogo as Aquaman.

I'm no Marvel fan but at least the movies aren't insulting me just for watching.

What do I watch now?!? This summer, the summer where I finally have a decent disposable income, has been terrible for blockbusters. And with this, I think I'm disillusioned with the whole superhero craze. Marvel movies are bland and DC movies are bad.

Staf

So when do you guys recon the response of 'We made this movie for the fans' will be released from WB?

Cyan

Banned
It's crazy how biased all reviewers are against DC films. Do you suppose it's that they are being paid off by Disney, that they just always hated good honest superheroes like Superman, Batman, and Joker, or that they love the "fun" and "lightheartedness" of Marvel movies and want all movies to be crappy and dumb like that and so can't enjoy solid arthouse films like DC makes?

Solo

This has got to be the worst summer movie season in a decade with multiple atrocious summer movie seasons.

The blockbuster is dead.

Catvoca

Banned
yrOR3Eq.jpg

Wow haha

What do I watch now?!? This summer, the summer where I finally have a decent disposable income, has been terrible for blockbusters. And with this, I think I'm disillusioned with the whole superhero craze. Marvel movies are bland and DC movies are bad.

Save us, Pete's Dragon

PBY

Banned
It's crazy how biased all reviewers are against DC films. Do you suppose it's that they are being paid off by Disney, that they just always hated good honest superheroes like Superman, Batman, and Joker, or that they love the "fun" and "lightheartedness" of Marvel movies and want all movies to be crappy and dumb like that and so can't enjoy solid arthouse films like DC makes?
Woah if true

They're missing someone who genuinely cares about the material.

Kevin Feige is a huge nerd and loves this kinda stuff, that's why Marvel is crushing it right now.

Also they are snagging up talented film makers left and right. The Russo Brothers, Ryan Coogler, tons of actors who fit their roles perfectly.

As long as that guy isn't Kevin Smith I'll be happy. Alright, maybe if he's Affleck's goto guy for knowledge checking it'd be alright. Still, there can't be a shortage of nerds in Hollywood who know their stuff, why aren't they getting hired?

I'm thoroughly anticipating an Affleck directed Batflick that wins Best Picture. A man can dream.

Really makes you think

I can't wait for the

"Bbbut you have to wait for the extended unrated Director's edition to get the full experience".

I still can't believe I was scammed by the hyperbole of fanboys that said the same about BvS Directors Cut when it was still bad film.
30 more minutes will surely make a shit movie good instead of just longer

Can't wait for the Criterion.

inky

Did Grace Randolph tell you to post this? ;P

I know it's sarcasm btw

jett

D-Member
This has got to be the worst summer movie season in a decade with multiple atrocious summer movie seasons.

The blockbuster is dead.

We can only hope.

This is the year that simultaneously destroyed an attempt at a cinematic universe (DC) and the practice of splitting movies in two parts (Detergent series). So it was good for something. Both of these Hollywood shenanigans need to die.

Between the three Snyder films, and 689 Marvel films so far, that's a lot of money Disney has sent to critics so far. Do you think they also have to pay someone to cook the books to get rid of the RT score budget?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Used condoms. It's what the Joker would do! So zany!

Fucking hell.
He said that there's a lot of stuff made up by the press.
so method
That would be dumb.
What's not fun about getting cum sent to you?

Cynic.
To be fair and this will probably get overlooked but two things:

https://youtu.be/4LkI_FpMTKw?t=316

David Ayer said:
“On set, everyone called him Joker, or Smiley, or in Ayer's case, Mr. J. Even the crew driving cast members around played along. Leto pulled a set of pranks that have already become infamous, sending a live rat to co-star Margot Robbie's trailer while delivering bullets and what Leto has described as "used condoms" to other cast members. "Look, they weren't used condoms," says Ayer. "Let's be real here. They're removed from their packages, but it wasn't actually used. And, of course, I was mortified. Like, 'Jared, put that stuff away -- get that out of here, what are you doing?’”

GrizzNKev

Banned

Wake up sheeple

Corpsepyre

Banned
Brian Truitt
USA Today August 2, 2016
Compared to its ilk, Suicide Squad is an excellently quirky, proudly raised middle finger to the staid superhero-movie establishment.
Full Review | Original Score: 3.5/4

GeeTeeCee

As long as that guy isn't Kevin Smith I'll be happy. Alright, maybe if he's Affleck's goto guy for knowledge checking it'd be alright. Still, there can't be a shortage of nerds in Hollywood who know their stuff, why aren't they getting hired?

I'm thoroughly anticipating an Affleck directed Batflick that wins Best Picture. A man can dream.

Geoff Johns was recently given control of pretty much everything, but I think it was well after it could have any effect on this particular film.

Majukun

Well if it's really as bad as some of those reviews make it out to be, they should give a raise to whoever was in charge of marketing because the movie looked like a ton of fun and I'm still gonna go see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom