• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Banned
I don't believe in the conspiracy theories or that critics are paid off by Marvel but it's kind of shitty how they have been given a pass for that on almost all of their films but when it's DC...

It's because the majority of Marvel's films are really good. If they weren't they wouldn't review well. It's just DC has no fucking clue wtf they are doing. Hopefully Afflec taking Batman full helm, might turn this universe around. But that's after justice league which may not be good either.

Sephzilla

2QcNSmR.gif

ZKAo5.gif

JtqPVE.gif

Don't make me start quoting Bane, CIA Guy, "Robin", pointing out the issues with the editing, etc.

You guys are delusional if you think DKR is a good movie. It's Spider-Man 3 and BTTF 3 all over again.

whoa whoa WHOA

Back to the Future 3 is pretty damn good

-griffy-

Banned
2QcNSmR.gif

ZKAo5.gif

JtqPVE.gif

Don't make me start quoting Bane, CIA Guy, "Robin", pointing out the issues with the editing, etc.

You guys are delusional if you think DKR is a good movie. It's Spider-Man 3 and BTTF 3 all over again.

TDKR is a good movie with problems, and some specific parts of it are very, very good. It's not an amazing movie like TDK though.

Thor, Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 (and hell The Incredible Hulk) all span the full range that encompasses good-not-great too.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
One, it's from a review

Two, did you really not know Batman was in this?

I knew batman was in this, but none of the footage shown showed him with deadpool. All of the footage shown was presumed to be flashback scenes of how he caught HQ and joker.

Fury451

Banned
Can someone explain Ropeguy?

What's to explain?

He's like Q-tier.

Here's from the wiki:

Slipknot is a master in the use of ropes, including unbreakable ones, and a trained assassin. He created a chemical adhesive which he then applied to his ropes, making them nearly indestructible. Weiss uses the ropes to strangle, grapple, and hold down his opponents. In addition to his ropes, Slipknot is an expert assassin, able to kill swiftly and silently

Kuros

The DC extended universe reddit is not quite melting down as badly as when the BVS reviews hit. But they're not happy.

2QcNSmR.gif

ZKAo5.gif

JtqPVE.gif

I haven't seen any of the Batman films other that TDK, but what are you trying to prove with the gifs?

Is The Godfather bad because the Sonny fight was terrible?

And no, I'm not comparing any comic book films to The Godfather, but a film can still be good even if the fights look like garbage... Unless the fights are basically the whole point of the film.

wachie

https://i.imgur.com/2QcNSmR.gif[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZKAo5.gif[img]
[img]http://i.makeagif.com/media/5-17-2015/JtqPVE.gif[img]

You guys are delusional if you think DKR is a good movie. It's Spider-Man 3 and BTTF 3 all over again.[/QUOTE]
In this thread - people who confuse fight choreography with the quality of the movie.

Despite its flaws TDKR is a better movie than 99% of Marvel & Fox output.

Papacheeks

Banned
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Lets not get crazy in here.

Well to each their own but the average reviews from people, and movie watchers says otherwise.

I'll rephrase that, they are better well received.

In this thread - people who confuse fight choreography with the quality of the movie.

Despite its flaws TDKR is a better movie than 99% of Marvel's output.

That's your opinion. As a film it still pretty good, as a batman movie it's not so good. Even though it has it's fair share of problems it still does a nice job coming full circle for most of the main characters. But saying it's better than 90% of marvel? Come on dude.

Dynedom

The DCCU cycle will continue.

People are hyped for JL and it will be shit.
People hyped for WW and it will also likely be shit, but not as shit as JL.

Real shame.

You're adorable!

The DCCU cycle will continue.

People are hyped for JL and it will be shit.
People hyped for WW and it will also likely be shit, but not as shit as JL.

Real shame.

Given Gal Gadot's charisma, or rather astonishing lack thereof, I think WW may have a shot at being the lowest reviewed DCEU film.

styl3s

thatsbait.gif

Doesn't surprise me that it's not being critically loved but i got tickets to see it friday and i can't wait.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I somewhat understood this point after Arrow S2. But y'all want this after seasons 3 and 4?
Arrow needs to be spun out into its own universe where it can't hurt anybody anymore. Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow may have their problems but they haven't managed to outright piss me off the way Arrow has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom