• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddduck

Time has posted their review.

Harley Quinn’s entrance is the best moment in Suicide Squad. After that, you can leave. Robbie is a criminally appealing actress, likable in just about every way, but that intro aside, Suicide Squad doesn’t serve her well. It serves no one well, least of all its audience. Other actors wander through listlessly: As Colonel Rick Flag, one of Waller’s helpless henchmen, Joel Kinnaman struts about sullenly, desperately looking for something to do.

Now and then there’s a dash of color, especially when Leto’s Joker appears, with his silvery capped teeth and Day-Glo hair. Leto seems to be channeling, consciously or otherwise, Richard Widmark in the 1947 noir Kiss of Death—that’s the one where Widmark’s truly creepy-evil character pushes an old lady in a wheelchair down the stairs.

But Leto is so textbook twitchy that he barely comes off as menacing. And his scenes with Robbie have no spark, no lunatic ardor. If you can’t strike a spark with Robbie, something’s terribly wrong.

Where's that youtuber from the BvS threads that keep saying fuck Marvel, saw BvS like 10 times and kept saying all the critics were paid?

No, hes not. Letos only in like 10min max but I love what I saw from him more than any other live action Joker and give him a full starring role and I think he'll be iconic

image.php

cr0w

Old Member
All those wishing Nolan would come back...hoo boy. Please, no. He had his three movies and he made one good one. In my opinion, of course.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/suicide-squad-movie-review-w432204

Audiences complained that Batman v Superman was too dark and depressing. So director-writer David Ayer (End of Watch, Fury) counters with light and candy-assed. I call bullshit.
Superfreaks become supersweeties and Suicide Squad: Dawn of Dullness (my subtitle) does the impossible. Forget Batman v Superman — at least it tried. This botch job makes Fantastic Four look good.
EvansLaugh.gifs

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Anyone bringing up fantastic four hasn't seen it and shouldn't be taken seriously.
Fantastic four wasn't even a movie.
The fucking director stopped working on that movie half way through.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
What is fucking wrong with WB, how can you fuck your cinematic universe like this for so many movies in a row?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Leto hardcore method acting didnt do anything on his acting performance in this movie at all it seems.

PBY

Banned
Anyone bringing up fantastic four hasn't seen it and shouldn't be taken seriously.

The reviewer brought it up though. We havent seen SS, so how do you know?

pestul

It can't be.. it really can't be as bad. Even if SS is just an MTV video with the trailer songs playing throughout all the action, it would still be better.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
so Kevin Smith got another panic boner over a comic book movie?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
It can't be.. it really can't be as bad. Even if SS is just an MTV video with the trailer songs playing throughout all the action, it would still be better.
The commercial for SS is better than the entire FF movie (yes, I did see it). That movie literally does not have a point to exist except to hold onto franchise rights. I kept waiting for the movie to "start" and then it just kinda ended.

All those wishing Nolan would come back...hoo boy. Please, no. He had his three movies and he made one good one. In my opinion, of course.

Dumbest comment I have read in here so far. TDKR was not amazing by any standards but it's better than anything else DC has put out since.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

at a certain point movies are so bad it's pointless to argue which are worse. suicide squad and fantastic four are in that territory.

Henkka

Banned
What is fucking wrong with WB, how can you fuck your cinematic universe like this for so many movies in a row?

The whole DCEU thing feels like "Well, I guess we should do this now"

No vision, no plan. Just start pumping out shared-universe movies, 2 every year.

AkumaNiko

and yet, sausage party still sitting at 100% on TM. Wow.

Maybe DC needs to beg disney to buy them so they get a chance at a single good movie.

I have no hope now for Justice League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom