• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
i don't understand how there's a superman in supergirl now, though

yet there can't be a suicide squad in arrow?
Supes existing is pretty key to Supergirl. He had to exist in some capacity. Someone was finally told to fuck off and let them cast a Superman.

Sephzilla

In this thread - people who confuse fight choreography with the quality of the movie.

Despite its flaws TDKR is a better movie than 99% of Marvel & Fox output.

It's really not. Off the top of my head Iron Man 1, Winter Soldier, and Civil War were all miles better than TDKR. Rises would have been a much better movie if Nolan and company actually cared about the third movie and weren't shook over Ledger's death

This is all true. But then again, I don't believe any film that's come out of Marvel Studios has yet to top Spiderman 2, which was a film that unashamedly embraced it's comic book roots heart and soul. Again, that felt like a film that, although a superhero film, had a voice and a soul that these Marvel tentpole franchises otherwise completely lack.

Again, this comes from someone who's going to be first in line to see Doctor Strange this November.
I'm hoping Black Panther has that quality.

Vanish

Absoloutely no Marvel film has topped the quality of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, that's for damn sure. And I say that as a die-hard Marvel fan.

Nolan's films felt like actual films, with scope and soul and some kind of artistic sensibility. Marvel's films are just colorful popcorn entertainment mostly featuring shoe-horned fan-service and light-hearted banter. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I think it's misguided to claim any of Marvel's output throughout the last ten years has been particularly outstanding, as fun as those movies might have been.

I would say Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Solider are on par or better than Dark Knight (Civil War is #1) with Batman Begins beneath all of them (still a good movie though). The best action scenes of any comic book movie and good story of the CA films and the comedy/charm of Guardians of the Galaxy puts them up there for me.

With Jared Leto playing Joker, the promise was of a return to the kind of storytelling found in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight. Sadly, that doesn't prove to be the case at all.

- Independent UK

Why would anyone just assume that?

I guess it's time to update the chalkboard...

ccT4Pqr.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Say it ain't so. :(

Wait Man of Steel is on that chalkboard? I loved that movie. Ok nvm I'm ready for Friday, should be fun.

Timu

Ha, ha, what? Marvel has definitely made better movies than Batman Begins, now as for The Dark Knight, nope IMO.

Ridley327

Huh? Should Guardians and the Galaxy not be allowed to use it because it's in Apollo 13 and Contact?

I mean, they literally did not use it in the film at all. It was just for the trailer.

Anyway, it's more about how reactionary its inclusion feels with how much this has attempted to ape GotG. I'm more amused than angry that they went that far with it.

Slaythe

The game is fantastic and played fine on my PS4 so i assume it's a broken mess on PC.

You have literally no standards.

The ps4 version is awful. Stuttery broken mess with framerate all over the place. how can you say it played fine and game is fantastic ? (I'll give my PSN right now to prove I have the ps4 version if you doubt me)

Also extremely short, and has barely any interaction in it.

Don't push it bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom