• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

I guess it's time to update the chalkboard...

ccT4Pqr.jpg

Man of Steel launched the DC cinematic universe. It was the first one with the cast as we know them.

Will Smith should have swallowed his pride and done ID: Resurgence, rather than SS.

Instead, we get his portrait up on the wall of the White House.

Wonderwoman is gonna fail too......and when it does, I'm gonna walk right up to DC comics and Zack Snyder and punch them square in the nuts.

Honestly, fuck the critics, who cares what they think

I feel sorry who anyone who lacks the mental capacity to form an opinion for themselves and instead care for a bunch of anti-intellectual nobodies who prefer diluted, cinema-killing, cynical corporate soulless cash grabs like the MCU

Metalmarc

I await Ben Afflecks Batman, dont fuck it up Ben, who is writing it though?

Will still go see this to make my own mind up, just wont expect much.

Bad Trip

Banned
People in this thread really looking to WW and JL to be any different ?? Both those films looked corny and in the same vein as all these other films DC has made in this universe .

I feel sorry who anyone who lacks the mental capacity to form an opinion for themselves and instead care for a bunch of anti-intellectual nobodies who prefer diluted, cinema-killing, cynical corporate soulless cash grabs like the MCU

Lol you sound rational and objective . "I really want to like this thing , critics don't like this thing , they're all wrong . " It's cool to judge things for yourself but it's pretty bizarre to attack critics with no relation to each other for finding a film to be not so good . You can still like a film that is percieves as sub par , people do it all the time , but to warp reality and attack the critics is pretty childish .

Edit: I think I got trolled lol

You almost had me there.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Better Batman movie? Maybe. Better movie? Nah, it's still great though.

The Joker alone made it better.
Batman Begins is absolutely the better Batman movie.

The Dark Knight is absolutely the better movie.

The Dark Knight probably would have been a better Batman movie if it had actually thought to bring back Gotham City, for one thing.

gotham_narrows_001.jpg

I mean, what happened to it?

thequestion

I remember all the heat this film was getting during the re-shoots. Was this movie going to be a 10% rotten tomato score, BEFORE the re-shoots? Or was the film amazing and the studio got cold feet and tinkered with it? Do we have to wait for an "ULTIMATE CUT" of the film to get the true "suicide squad" experience? Is this BvS all over again? I'll wait to pass judgement before seeing the film on friday, but damn....what the fuck is happening at the flailing WB film division? Is there no one out there who knows how to cut together an interesting/exciting/thought provoking film anymore? Is Christopher Nolan the only guy who 'got' it? It's a superhero film, for Christ's sake, not nuclear physics.

...disappointing...

shingi70

Banned

Hey I like the DCEU, but the MCU puts off really good cam cbm as well.

SexyFish

Banned

b5f12790717a79db3dcb09cb2e1bb5d0.jpg

Beefy

I await Ben Afflecks Batman, dont fuck it up Ben, who is writing it though?

Will still go see this to make my own mind up, just wont expect much.

Only worry I have about Afflecks Batman movie is will he have complete control? Or will some suit want a say?

Fury451

Banned
If they have the same people directing or go on their current formula they have now? Never. They need a shake up.

I think Suicide Squad looked like it was going to be the shake up needed. If nothing else, DC has a killer marketing team.

Hmmmmm.

PBY

Banned

Is this sarcasm?

phanphare

Banned
Better Batman movie? Maybe. Better movie? Nah, it's still great though.

The Joker alone made it better.

tDK is a pretty bad movie when you think about it. it just has an amazing performance from ledger. take that away and you've got tDKR pretty much. not to mention Two Face.....woof

JaggedSac

The only MCU that can be considered downright bad are Cap 1 and the Iron Man sequels. For all of Ultron's failures, it's still an okay watch.

Everything else ranges from solid to excellent.

Both Thor movies are garbage tier. The ones you mentioned were definitely bad. Ultron was not an okay watch.

3N16MA

Banned

I'm not biting.

Well played

or not?

ryseing

lol love the social media comments. "critics anti-DC bias continues!"

I swear, if #supportdcfillms trends again...

tDK is a pretty bad movie when you think about it. it just has an amazing performance from ledger. take that away and you've got tDKR pretty much. not to mention Two Face.....woof

Third act of that movie is such a mess. The cruise ship "choice" is one of the dumbest things.

mcrommert

Banned
Batman Begins is absolutely the better Batman movie.

The Dark Knight is absolutely the better movie.

The Dark Knight probably would have been a better Batman movie if it had actually thought to bring back Gotham City, for one thing.

gotham_narrows_001.jpg

I mean, what happened to it?

Omg seriously...first movie gotham

Second movie new York city

Anth0ny

Absoloutely no Marvel film has topped the quality of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, that's for damn sure. And I say that as a die-hard Marvel fan.

Nolan's films felt like actual films, with scope and soul and some kind of artistic sensibility. Marvel's films are just colorful popcorn entertainment mostly featuring shoe-horned fan-service and light-hearted banter. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I think it's misguided to claim any of Marvel's output throughout the last ten years has been particularly outstanding, as fun as those movies might have been.

the only reason I put Avengers at the level of Begins and TDK is just how well it executed on the bolded. It's the perfect fan service movie. The perfect summer blockbuster. The stars of the film are oozing with charisma, and they all come together perfectly. No one is overshadowed, no one has their thunder stolen from them. It has some of the best light hearted banter I've seen in a film. It is one of the most satisfying films I've ever seen. A dream idea come true (The Avengers, on the big screen, AND IT WORKS) and exceeding all expectations.

I bloody knew those trailers were only looking good because of the quick cuts and godly music!

As a life long DC comics fan I am just baffled by how badly they screw up these movies. The CW shows aren't perfect but they're sodding masterpieces compared to this bollocks. Just give those shows feature films and commission some bigger name character series and stop trying to just be edgy miserable Marvel.

Arrow's Suicide Squad died for nothing.

Fuck you DC.

Also this!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
All those wishing Nolan would come back...hoo boy. Please, no. He had his three movies and he made one good one. In my opinion, of course.

Dude you are crazy. Like objectively all three were good. Subjectively we can speak about how good.

styl3s

You have literally no standards.

The ps4 version is awful. Stuttery broken mess with framerate all over the place. how can you say it played fine and game is fantastic ? (I'll give my PSN right now to prove I have the ps4 version if you doubt me)

Also extremely short, and has barely any interaction in it.

Don't push it bruh.
framerate is the only thing that i had a problem with but it was still completely playable and i enjoyed it.

Sorry we have different taste? Also people are enjoying it in the OT and it's getting good reviews so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Timu

I've seen it multiple times and I don't agree with that at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom