• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the chances are of this getting a higher tomatometer:

v1.bTsxMjA2MTc4MDtqOzE3MDU5OzEyMDA7OTAwOzEzMzM

No chance when a incredibly superior take on the concept already exists

v1.bTsxMTE4NzkzOTtqOzE3MTM5OzEyMDA7Mjg0OzQwNQ

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I can't tell who is being serious anymore...

FzVYanC.png

There were people in the Batman v Superman thread claiming it was an intelligent drama and that it was too smart for regular audiences.

I know lol is used a lot, but I literally laughed out loud for a few minutes the first time I heard that.

Veelk

Banned
What did Leto do to the cast as part of his method acting for joker? I haven't falled the production of this at all. I knew he was pulling some shenanigans, but not what or how much.

Also, how long is Batman in this and what does he do, if anyone knows? I don't mind spoilers.

I wake up to this

Come on

Just one guys please

Yeah, I really hope that Wonder Woman is a success on every level.

After that, the DCCU can burn in a dumpster fire for all I care. It's not a universe worth saving and they're better off just rebooting it.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i hope DC can somehow pull marvel into the abyss with them and our screens are cleansed of capeshit for another generation.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Also, how long is Batman in this and what does he do, if anyone knows? I don't mind spoilers.

About a minute or two from what I've read. He
chases Joker/Harley in the Batmobile, fights Deadshot (?), and is involved in the post-credit scene.

They can't fuck up the solo Batman movie...right?

Its gonna be funny if Batman is good and succesful. It will cause them to double down on Batman even more lol

HowZatOZ

Banned
Bad moms has a higher score lol.

There's arguably shittier movies that have higher scores on Rotten Tomato. Its a weird place.
Any cast without Jai Courtney >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*∞ Any cast with Jai Courtney
His character in Suicide Squad is literally bogan. There's a lot of his humour that anyone not Australian just won't get, but the character is still enjoyable.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
There were people in the Batman v Superman thread claiming it was an intelligent drama and that it was too smart for regular audiences.

I know lol is used a lot, but I literally laughed out loud for a few minutes the first time I heard that.
You gotta wonder if any of them have actually watched anything from the independent or avant garde circuit

Veelk

Banned
About a minute or two from what I've read. He
chases Joker/Harley in the Batmobile, fights Deadshot (?), and is involved in the post-credit scene.

Well...that's better than
him taking over the movie, I guess.

Batman is my favorite superhero, but it annoys the piss out of me that writers let him take over other heroes stories.

Raguel

i hope DC can somehow pull marvel into the abyss with them and our screens are cleansed of capeshit for another generation.
Yep. So much Capeshit. 5 or 6 superheroes films a year out of hundreds. And poor you had to watch all of them because someone put a gun to your head declaring that you could only watch these films and nothing else. Such a hard life

Akiraptor

They should honestly just reset the universe at this point. They have great actors, but whoever is in charge of storytelling needs to be fired. Put the people in charge of animation on the live action films or something.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
someone please tell me more about
this post credit scene!

Copy-pasted from another site:
In the mid-credits scene, we see Amanda Waller in the same diner seen in the trailers and Bruce Wayne pops up. They talk about metahumans and Waller hands him the files of Barry Allen and Aquaman. Then he leaves. It's short, but a cool teaser for Justice League.

As if the cast got tattoos of the word SWKAD for this film. Forever will they remember being associated with this flop of a movie.
You see, this I don't get. Like, you did three epic movies and worked together for many months throughout several years (LOTR trilogy), sure, I understand getting tattoos with the crew. But these guys, for this movie? It's like "I want to belong!".

someone please tell me more about
this post credit scene!

It's a cheap Justice League shoot. Bruce sees the JL guys in a paper file and basically says to Amanda Waller "Either you stop them [talking about Suicide Squad] or my guys will stop them". Good vs evil thing. They're having a lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom