• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.
False!

Luke_Skywalker.png
Truth.

Replicant

Hopefully the rest of the movies are terrible. WB trying to catch up to Marvel is hilarious. Just have Flash reset everything its already fucked.

Just do it to this entire reboot already and start fresh with Batman when Harley was still a doctor, Superman hasn't arrived yet, etc. You know, they had this chance post Man of Steel but nooo, they just had to jump right off to BvS.

Penguin

I wonder if WB will ever file for bankruptcy, I can't remember their last big budget movie that was a financial success, they can't be doing very well - a shame because they tend to take more risks than the other studios

Feel like this is bought up often, think also mentioned around BvS

1)their smaller movies do decently... granted can't cover as much

But more importantly their TV does well

I mean still have Big Bang Theory on the air and I imagine Friends and Two and a Half Men is just a syndication gold mine they can keep tapping into every few years.

Their recent success in expanding into video games and they have a fairly decent set-up.

FTF

Ughhhh, was really hoping this was going to be good. Very disappointing.

Don't want to read too many reviews, but is the consensus for Jeto's Joker (and Harley) at least positive?

Anung

Un Rama
Ughhhh, was really hoping this was going to be good. Very disappointing.

Don't want to read too many reviews, but is the consensus for Jeto's Joker (and Harley) at least positive?

Harley is very positive. A lot of places are saying Leto is fine but he's not in it enough.

I was actually expecting for this to get either really good or passable reviews, so to see this bombing almost as hard as BvS is pretty surprising to me. Half of me is disappointed, while the other half is buying their tickets for another ride on the schadenfreude train. :v

WB/DC just can't catch a break. It's like they've become the Sega/Sonic of the film industry.

"DC Boom: Rise of Luthor or DC Boom: Shattered Squad. Pick your poison!....or you can go get New Super Marvel Bros. which plays it safe but is rolling in reviews and cash~"

Looked at my cinematic universe,
I was finally there,
To sit on my throne
As the Rotten prince of Bel Air

This is an underappreciated post.

So it's not just Mr. Snyder.
The entire studio is a mess.

More or less, though in fairness, WB has been historically awful at DC adaptations in most cases. For every hit, they've struck probably one to three more misses in their batting average.

The DC Films executive board WB kickstarted a few months ago might be have arrived three films too late in terms of salvaging the DCCU. The DC films might get better here on out, but I feel that with MoS, BvS, and now SS, they've burnt the bridge so badly now.

Suicide Squad Review Thread |OT| Finally, BvS is better than something

I was gonna go with "Suicide Squad Review Thread |OT| Like colorful fireworks in the rain" but yours is pretty classy (the current threat title is legit too).

Marvel won..Marvel won.

Margot Robbie struck out badly this year. All her films have been straight up trash from WTF, Tarzan, and now Suicide Squad.

it's going to get fucking destroyed. bad reviews and negative word of mouth is everything these days, unless you are transformers.

first weekend will be decent, second weekend will see a MASSIVE drop.

It's sad this only applies negatively. Didn't help Mad Max, didn't help Star Trek.

the Leto stories during the whole marketing overload of this thing were just so fuckin dreadful they almost pulled me out from seeing the movie alone

OMG LETO SENT RATS. LIVE RATS. HE ISSSSS THE JOKER

they were trying so fucking hard to paint this "HE BECAME IT" heath-ledger-one-up level of WOW HE ACTUALLY BECAME CRAZY that it was just embarrasing to see

HE SENT A USED CONDOM WOW HE'S SO GOOD IN THE ROLE

no matter where you looked in the press they were talking about that shit a bajillion times like it was the second coming of fuckin.. something. so tryhard

Pretty much how I felt, verbatim.

It all came across as so forced and corny. He's so edgy, 2crazy4you!

Garjon

Down to 34%. Dang. I wonder if bad WOM will affect this movie more than it did BvS, since it doesn't have the same degree of character recognition.

I don't think so, BvS was so bleak and dull that it is hard to recommend much about it bar Affleck and Irons. At least this one isn't as serious and if some of the jokes land with cinema-goers, it should do much better.

Nether!

Bummer.

Was hoping this would be good and had planned to check it out this weekend.

I'll wait for more impressions and maybe catch it at some point.

Busty

Banned

Ahahahaha.

I'm still really looking forward to Suicide Squad and cannot wait for Friday but this at least gives me an yardstick of Rotten Tomatoes collective critical thinking.

Though, for the record, I don't read any reviews of films until I've seen them first.

I know some of you are talking about blockbusters but I liked Midnight Special, Green Room, and Hunt for the Wilderpeople this year too.

I wonder what the chances are of this getting a higher tomatometer:

v1.bTsxMjA2MTc4MDtqOzE3MDU5OzEyMDA7OTAwOzEzMzM

vaderise

Zootopia,Jungle Book and Civil War are my favorites this year. Disney really killed it in 2016.
Still haven't seen Beyond yet cuz it will be out on the end of August here.
Was hoping SS to get in my Top 10 2016 list but it's not happening is it?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I just think it's hilarious that Leto went full method acting for 10 minutes of screen time. Sure makes all of the stories about what he did to the cast seem really publicity stunt-ish now.

What did he do to the cast publicly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom