• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prompto

Banned
Co3fwjMWgAAUzXO.jpg
God damn. This is starting to go from watching it at a matinee to just waiting till its on HBO.

Still seeing the movie this week.

Wonder Woman can still save us. Suicide Squad was made before the change up at DC films happened, so we're basically seeing the results of that mindset still with this movie.
To fair Wonder Woman was before these changes.
But let's cross our fingers.

CHC

Welp sounds like a stinker.

I'll probably watch this if I'm in bed sick and it's on HBO Go or Netflix later. Seems like a good "need to waste an afternoon" kinda thing.

ActWan

I feel like I've been living under a rock...did people really think it was going to be a good movie?! All the trailers made it obvious that it's just going to be another average trashy super hero flick with fart jokes and cringe everywhere, and some little good bits.
I'll go to see it with friends on friday, and I'm expecting an okay movie, like all the Avengers and X-Men ones.

The short clips promised that this film would be shit unfortunately

And Leto's joker looks like it just might be the worst version film wise too.

Sometimes Hollywood doesn't appreciate the value of a good writer and director combo. Now its just let's get what we feel to be bankable actors, create some nice youtube trailers and fuck it let's hope it sticks.

No. Goddamnit no.

David Chen: Jai Courtney is Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending bad.

WOOF

Turns out a 3 second clip of somebody crouching behind a car and opening a beer isn't enough to determine if somebody is going to be good or not

PR_rambo

Banned
Our Father Ultimate Cut, thou art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.

Fuck Marvel

#SupportDCFILMS

This was all very predictable from all the footage we have seen to date. Hopefully there's some entertainment to be had though. Will watch.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I mean, don't you have to pretty much bow out at this point? Follow Sony's lead like they did with Spiderman, reboot that shit. The DC universe is fucked. I can't imagine there's any saving it. Even if there are a few good things present, just get rid of everyone and start over. Sorry Batfleck.

I mean, don't you have to pretty much bow out at this point? Follow Sony's lead like they did with Spiderman, reboot that shit. The DC universe is fucked. I can't imagine there's any saving it. Even if there are a few good things present, just get rid of everyone and start over. Sorry Batfleck.

Problem is WB doesn't have a Marvel Life-Jacket like Sony did. They're on there own. Remember, Warner Bros. OWNS DC, they have since the late 60s.

Jarmel

Banned
Some of these reviews are super vicious. They took the knives out of BvS, sharpened them, and stabbed Suicide Squad with them.

Clegg

Good luck to Wonder Woman. Lead actress who can't act and a studio that cant even make its films presentable.

Pilgrimzero

DC continues to make subpar films. Can't say I'm surprised.

Seriously though, what is DC doing wrong? It shouldn't be this hard.

Real Hero

making money isn't it? Just keep releasing profitable shit until people are numb to it and see it as acceptable.

I feel like I've been living under a rock...did people really think it was going to be a good movie?! All the trailers made it obvious that it's just going to be another average trashy super hero flick with fart jokes and cringe everywhere, and some little good bits.
I'll go to see it with friends on friday, and I'm expecting an okay movie, like all the Avengers and X-Men ones.

Lol what? The difference between this and the "the Avengers and X-men ones" is that that one is getting absolutely destroyed by critics and the other has had Certified Fresh ratings on pretty much every one of their entries.

Anung

Un Rama
David Chen: Jai Courtney is Eddie Redmayne in Jupiter Ascending bad.

WOOF

Turns out a 3 second clip of somebody crouching behind a car and opening a beer isn't enough to determine if somebody is going to be good or not

Everybody seemed to have faith in Jai Courtney to not be a car crash in actor form for SS. Plank from Ed, Edd n Eddy puts out less wooden performances than him.

those are some bleak reviews, yet I want to watch this film, to this day i haven't seen BvS and I doubt i ever will, it just doesn't interest me but Suicide Squad i need to watch it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom