• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurthang

Banned
So Harley Quinn will be on Joker's side right? If the Joker is the villian, then Quinn is also one of the villians and if the Joker is part of the squad, then Quinn is also part of the squad?

FourMyle

I am currently making my way through John Ostrander's Suicide Squad, and it would be kind of interesting if Captain Boomerang were in this just to see how ridiculous he would look in live action :p

iirc Eisenberg is in suicide squad. It's definitely linked and I feel confident that every movie announced in DC's slate is all interconnected. I think Neil Gaiman said Sandman movie and justice league dark were still in the works but they weren't a part of the main universe and that is why they weren't announced with those films.

Shazam is also stated to be a New Line Cinema movie and not tied to main continuity.

besada

Banned
I am currently making my way through John Ostrander's Suicide Squad and it would be kind of interesting if Captain Boomerang were in this just to see how ridiculous he would be in live action :p
He is. No Bronze Tiger or Doctor Light, though. Unless they're played by nobodies who get their heads blown off in the first action sequence.

zeemumu

You guys act like Will Smith is a bad actor. He's not. He's just chosen some crappy movies. I've seen him play serious and funny and I think he's capable of pulling off Deadshot.

Cautiously optimistic.

yrOiz.gif

lol

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Good luck Jared. You have the proverbial shoes to fill buddy. Hopefully the internet goes easy on you regardless of how you perform.

I think you'll do well.

Dead

well not really...yet
I just realized

There is now 0 chance of Hancock being integrated into the DC cinematic universe

Shazam is also stated to be a New Line Cinema movie and not tied to main continuity.

It's an odd case, I haven't found anything besides the Newline Cinema's CEO's oddly worded statements about the tone of Shazam being different from Justice League characters and marvel comics. New Line is under WB still and it could just be a way of them spreading the load among their studios. It just seems weird they would announce it with their main lineup and not with another slate like Sandman and JLD, especially since it is 4 years from now.

jelly

Sam Worthington will be back in Avatar sequels surely. Isn't he in that new Terminator film. How these guys still get hired, who knows.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I hate DC's casting choices. Jared Leto will not be pulling a Ledger.

duckroll

Is the budget for this film going to be 300 million? Or is it a 150 million movie where everyone just sits at a table playing poker while taking about their previous exploits? Because with that cast, would there even be much money left for anything else?!

Is the budget for this film going to be 300 million? Or is it a 150 million movie where everyone just sits at a table playing poker while taking about their previous exploits? Because with that cast, would there even be much money left for anything else?!

Great, now I want an "Almost got 'im" movie

lf

How can ppl shit on will smith in this. He's fantastic when he gives a shit. Let's just hope he gives a shit

Plus fresh prince in his prime was >>> Pratt and other cocky leads

New 52 joker is cool but too gross looking for them to wanna pull off I bet

ezekial45

Banned
So, what are the odds the Joker in the DCCU will be like the New 52 Joker?
The_Joker_-_New_52.jpg

None at all. Not only does this look silly, but the Joker is also an iconic character. Presenting something like this on-screen would turn off a lot of people.

Personally, I think they're gonna try a mix between the Nicholson and Ledger interpretations of the character. Leto can totally nail it.

Everyone is assuming this cast wants/is getting major bucks, but I can't see Margot or Cara asking/getting that much. Jai either honestly, and I feel like Leto is more in it for the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom