• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

I doubt Joker will be on the squad, even other Supervillains won't work with him unless they absolutely has to.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Why would someone want Harley and Joker on a stealth mission? What skills do they provide? Deadshot is the best sniper in the world, Captain Boomerang has his marksman skills as well and Enchantress (Marvel villain?) is adept at magic.

What do Joker and Harley provide? Not to mention they're both crazy so they're unstable as fuck.

Joker's not actually part of the team is he? All I know about the Suicide Squad is from that Assault on Arkham cartoon and he was more of an antagonist for the group than anything.

strafer

Is this acceptable to use, taken from Comingsoon.net.

the-squadyrcp3.jpg

Hagi

I wonder if we'll get the New52 Joker
with his face cut off
. Would make it a completely new look aesthetically than TDK and previous films. Hope they go for it.

God no. This could lead to Jokers Daughter being a thing and nobody but some twat who keeps pushing her at DC wants that.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Has Will Smith done many movies where he isn't the main number 1 actor/character?

I still remember that story about him and Django Unchained.

I think after AfterEarth disaster (and Seven Pounds, Men in Black 3 not doing well) he'll be ok not playing the only star of the show.

Nesotenso

Going for Star power for an unknown property is smart. Just wondering if the cast is too expensive for this project.

And Will Smith for Deadshot? Did not see that coming. In fact never saw Will Smith doing one of these movies.

edit: yeah I meant Deadshot not Deadpool

besada

Banned
Maybe Joker stole a nuke or a vat of Velocity 7 or a Mother Box and they have to stop him before he does something with it.
Joker finds a vat of venom, mixes it with Joker poison, and turns all of Gotham into vicious, grinning killers. The SS is sent in to end his reign of terror, by any means necessary.

Lawton is the only one other than Harley that might work with him, since Mr. J is likely to give him an interesting death. I have a hard time imagining Flag working with the Joker. He can barely stand to work with Lawton.

Slayven

"You want me to work with who? Nah, not that crazy motherfucker!"

Deadshot may be a cold-blooded killer, but the things that Joker has done...

The Secret Society of Super Villains invited every supervillian on earth including guys like Loophole, and Glow Worm, but they went out of their way not invite Joker because he was too crazy.

Ravek

Banned
Going for Star power for an unknown property is smart. Just wondering if the cast is too expensive for this project.

And Will Smith for Deadpool? Did not see that coming. In fact never saw Will Smith doing one of these movies.

Deadshot.

Not Deadpool.

That is one helluva cast list. Even though CCH Pounder already knows the character well and has a commanding screen presence, I absolutely want Oprah if she's willing. That's some "holy shit" casting right there.

Slayven

Joker finds a vat of venom, mixes it with Joker poison, and turns all of Gotham into vicious, grinning killers. The SS is sent in to end his reign of terror, by any means necessary.

Lawton is the only one other than Harley that might work with him, since Mr. J is likely to give him an interesting death. I have a hard time imagining Flag working with the Joker. He can barely stand to work with Lawton.
An adaption of Joker's Last Laugh? I can fuck with taht

Joker_Last_Laugh_3.jpg

besada

Banned
You know what, i actually want that to happen. I don´t even know if she can act (never saw anything from her except stuff from her show). But you can bet she´s going to get the masses to show up just for her.
She's amazing in The Color Purple. I'm more worried about Smith pulling off Deadshot.

I would have switched hardy and smith for deadshot and flag and cast Leto and smith as the lesser known punch and jewlee to save joker and Harley for the batman movie but otherwise fantastic cast.

JdFoX187

Banned
I really imagine Joker will have more of a role similar to Assault on Arkham. Or if he's a full cast member, he'll be the antagonist, which is why Harley is on the team. Really curious about the aesthetics of the movie more than anything. Is this going to be a true, gritty David Ayer film or something a bit more...sterile.

so does finally mean DC is going to just start doing one-off live action films, sort of in the vein of their animated films? or is this part of a larger DC film universe?

besada

Banned
I would have switched hardy and smith for deadshot and flag and cast Leto and smith as the lesser known punch and jewlee to save joker and Harley for the batman movie but otherwise fantastic cast.
Ooh, Punch and Jewlee would have been so good and soooo creepy.

I haven't really been impressed with Leto in the past so I dunno about him playing this character

Like when the last two films had upper echelon's of talent like ledger and Nicholson this seems a bit...underwhelming

He'll pull off the look and the laugh very well but I don't think it will be surprising

I really imagine Joker will have more of a role similar to Assault on Arkham. Or if he's a full cast member, he'll be the antagonist, which is why Harley is on the team. Really curious about the aesthetics of the movie more than anything. Is this going to be a true, gritty David Ayer film or something a bit more...sterile.

I'm hoping for an R rating, but I kinda doubt it. However, the comments about this being an "Ocean's 11 with villains" makes me hopeful we'll get a twinge of humor in this. Dark humor preferably.

so does finally mean DC is going to just start doing one-off live action films, sort of in the vein of their animated films? or is this part of a larger DC film universe?

I seriously hope this. I like joined continuity as much as the next person, but I also really want to see some of the more crazy stuff make it to live action, like Superman Red Son.

Tactics18

Great cast. minus Jai Courtney.
And I've never heard about Cara Delevingne so I guess we'll see about that.

I was really hoping for Deathstroke though :\ just give it to Manu

iirc Eisenberg is in suicide squad. It's definitely linked and I feel confident that every movie announced in DC's slate is all interconnected. I think Neil Gaiman said Sandman movie and justice league dark were still in the works but they weren't a part of the main universe and that is why they weren't announced with those films.

jelly

Will Smith has lost steam over the years. He probably needs this to give his career a jolt. About time, he would be much better not being his vehicle every time.

Margot as Harley, amazing. What a cast nearly all round. Can't wait.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I think this is with the DC cinematic universe.

so far rumors hints that only Shazam (Captain Marvel) can be separated from the rest/not in the same universe as the rest but that also just based on on of the the Rock tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom