• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened with Joker? o_O

During the comic reboot, Tony Daniel fucked up and thought having the Joker willingly remove his face and disappear for a year was a smart move. Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo made lemonade with those lemons for a 6 issue arc called Death of the Family. Spoilers:
His face is back to normal now.

Kinyou

They're missing one more member:

UxoTxXQ.jpg
Harley and Ivy deserve their own movie. Maybe throw Catwoman in and you got Gotham Sirens.

Clevinger

Is the budget for this film going to be 300 million? Or is it a 150 million movie where everyone just sits at a table playing poker while taking about their previous exploits? Because with that cast, would there even be much money left for anything else?!

Maybe they'll get a little discount on Will Smith while that After Earth stink is still on him.

During the comic reboot, Tony Daniel fucked up and thought having the Joker willingly remove his face and disappear for a year was a smart move. Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo made lemonade with those lemons for a 6 issue arc called Death of the Family. Spoilers:

Death of the Family was lemonade? Maybe if you didn't taste it.

this movie will probably bomb, WB should leto of the idea of competing with Marvel, WB is a hardy company with good franchises and should focus on their own thing. Margot

Dead Man

Tom Hardy?

Damn, this means I may have to watch a DC movie, something I would gladly keep avoiding

So you didn't see Rises?

great cast, but why am i seeing a lot of complaining ? Gonna assume its just butthurt marvel fans

Posts like this are some of the least useful I see around here lately. Can't be arsed reading the thread, and then throws around accusations at anyone who is critical. Fucking awesome.

I was hoping Deathstroke was gonna be in it =(

On that note, I hope we see that Suicide Squad game at next year's e3 running on UT4. That project has been in development for so long. Deathstroke will most likely be the main character for that game. My bet is that they're waiting for Arkham Knight to drop before they even mention it.

I'm so out of touch with modern movies. Tom Hardy and Will Smith are the only two I've seen any of their previous films. I looked up the IMDB page for the others and I haven't seen anything.

I'm really interested in how these films are going to all tie together now. Can't wait.

Sojgat

She's amazing in The Color Purple. I'm more worried about Smith pulling off Deadshot.

Smith could absolutely pull off Deadshot. He could be the best damn Floyd Lawton you ever imagined.

The question is if he will play the role right or if WB even wants him to.

Three main hurdles:

1.) Deadshot must smoke. Toothpicks might fly in the cartoons, but I'll cringe if I see that shit in a movie. Every scene where he isn't shooting someone in the face, he needs a cigarette in his mouth. I don't see this happening for obvious reasons.

2.) Deadshot must be a complete asshole to almost everyone. An asshole, and a cold bastard. I also don't see this happening for equally obvious reasons.

3.) Deadshot must have a deathwish, and not always in the funny, entertaining action movie kind of way. He's a complex guy (guilt, self-loathing, idealization of male heroes/role models), and I can imagine certain parties just wanting him to be a charming scoundrel.

All this stuff would be problematic regardless of who played him though.

Smith could absolutely pull off Deadshot. He could be the best damn Floyd Lawton you ever imagined.

The question is if he will play the role right or if WB even wants him to.

Three main hurdles:

1.) Deadshot must smoke. Toothpicks might fly in the cartoons, but I'll cringe if I see that shit in a movie. Every scene where he isn't shooting someone in the face, he needs a cigarette in his mouth. I don't see this happening for obvious reasons.

2.) Deadshot must be a complete asshole to almost everyone. An asshole, and a cold bastard. I also don't see this happening for equally obvious reasons.

3.) Deadshot must have a deathwish, and not always in the funny, entertaining action movie kind of way. He's a complex guy (guilt, self-loathing, idealization of male heroes/role models), and I can imagine certain parties just wanting him to be a charming scoundrel.

All this stuff would be problematic regardless of who played him though.

or...

and bear with me here

He's a fun loving scoundrel with a heart of gold

Interesting cast

Can't wait to see Margo Robbie as Harley Quinn...

I'm a Jared Leto fan, and really like 30 Seconds to Mars' first album, so I'm excited to see him as the Joker as well. It's an interesting, but likely good, choice.

Dead

well not really...yet
I've only seen Jai Courtney in Jack Reacher and he was fine in it. Then again all he had to do was look angry and fight.

Jai is the most generic of the dudes. He makes kitsch and Hedlund look like butch Cassidy and sundance kid

He's most comparable to sam worthington (they freaking look so generic too) but even worthington was serviceable in avatar.

Hopefully they blow him up

Smith's gonna be great. The only comparison I have is the basura actor in arrow so he's gonna be such an improvement

Thanks for the info!

And what's the deal with Will Smith? Why people are concerned?

Dead

well not really...yet
Jai is the most generic of the dudes. He makes kitsch and Hedlund look like butch Cassidy and sundance kid

He's most comparable to sam worthington (they freaking look so generic too) but even worthington was serviceable in avatar.

Hopefully they blow him up

Smith's gonna be great. The only comparison I have is the basura actor in arrow so he's gonna be such an improvement
He's been more than serviceable in a couple movies. Those Clash movies really hurt him tho.

Kitsch is salvageable and has done decent stuff before

Charlie headland or whatever tho lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Will Smith LOL can't wait to see dude phone it in or what he requested be altered.

This sounds expensive as fuck. DC is at least showing it has balls.

That's some choice ass casting. If Smith gets anywhere near his A-game that's 3 fantastic actors (Hardy, Smith, Leto) in one ensemble. Crazy. This movie will get crazy buzz out of thegate WB just needs to sure it delivers even a little bit. Leto is a great choice for Joker too. He has the chops and resume to not have to live up to Ledger or draw any sort of comparisons. He can play a very different Joker to the one Ledger and Nicholson played before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom