• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Sick cast (well, mostly). Looking forward to this movie, even though Fury was kind of a dud.

Good lordy, people need to get over the Jai Courtney nonsense. Dude's a decent actor who picks shit movies. Nobody was going to save A Good Day to Die Hard or I, Frankenstein, so it's not like he ruined what was otherwise a good movie.

Even if that were true (it's not; dude is as generic bland Hollywood action guy as you can get), "a decent actor" isn't some great praise either.

Oprah Winfrey as the Wall? Hmm.

"You get a mission! You get a mission! Everyone gets a mission!"

It works. Oprah is a good actress, and I can see her keeping a crew of crazies under control with sheer willpower. She seems a bit expensive though.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
If there's any name that could draw a large audience for a non-Batman or Superman DC movie, Will Smith is at the top of the list. Millions of dollars will be made from his inclusion alone, many of those dollars from viewers ignorant of comic books. Smart
brain dead
choice, and I don't disagree with it because I don't give a shit about Deadshot. As far as I'm concerned, he's just a guy with a gun and a Terminator eye.

So Jaden Smith as Static Shock confirmed?

Please, my heart can't take the stress anymore. Get Jaden Smith away from all movies.

cq0j7eZ.jpg

Fixed.

Im starting to get more excited for this than Batman v Superman

Well the cast is better and the director isn't shit so I can see why.

On topic, who keeps hiring Jai Courtney? I'm also pretty bummed they shoehorned Joker into this. I get they're gonna Batman everything they can to try to make hits but cmon. I don't think Leto is a bad choice but his inclusion is a bummer.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
I really hope we get a live action version of that scene where Luthor makes out with Waller starring Jesse Eisenberg and Oprah.

Sojgat

Really hope Will is playing Lawton as an asshole. He can really act, so he better not just be doing his Mike Lowrey/Agent J/James West thing, because this is only a comic book movie.

Also, Jai Courtney... FUCK!

How? How does he keep getting work? How is he in fucking everything?

I'm really looking forward to this movie. It's going to be amazing.

Dalek

As much as a think a Suicide Squad movie is a great idea-I don't know how I feel about having Joker and Harley introduced in this. I think Jared Leto is a good enough actor-but he feels wrong to me as Joker-but I'm perfectly willing to be proven wrong.

That being said, I haven't been impressed with DCCU's casting so far. Ben Affleck still boggles my mind. I did like most of the casting in MOS though-Fishburne as Perry White was great.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
For a movie like this does it even matter?

it matter since they still do acting in these movies.

I'm fine with Cara, she was ok in The Face of an Angel (now Gal Gadot on the other hand is still a problem but we'll see what if she can act in Triple Nine).

Is Rick Flag DC's version of Captain America?

He'd be closer to an agent of shield or some sort. He's not really a super significant character.

Guardian is closer to Captain America.

A lot of these characters are pretty well liked, which makes it seem like none of them will be killed. I guess Enchantress and Captain Boomerang will be the first to go.

Meh, I don't like the idea of Harley Quinn. When I was reading The Killing Joke, or watching TDK, I didn't picture him ever going back to his lair and having goofy fun with his girlfriend.

akira28

Not my premier choice for Deadshot. Couldn't he pull off Bronze Tiger?

Tiger >> Deadshot easily. He could stand toe to toe with Batman and Shiva and can shoot almost as well as Deadshot.

Slayven

He'd be closer to an agent of shield or some sort. He's not really a super significant character.

Guardian is closer to Captain America.

A lot of these characters are pretty well liked, which makes it seem like none of them will be killed. I guess Enchantress and Captain Boomerang will be the first to go.

With that lineup and cast? Only Fresh Prince and Leto are safe.

besada

Banned
Is Rick Flag DC's version of Captain America?
Not really. He's closer to DC's Nick Fury, Jr. His dad led the original WWII Suicide Squad, and he started out as the leader of the modern public SS. He has no powers, he's just a soldier. But, in the Ostrander storyline, he gets more and more erratic trying to balance the image of himself as a good guy and what he's actually doing with the squad.

Things end poorly.

Oddduck

Has Will Smith done many movies where he isn't the main number 1 actor/character?

I still remember that story about him and Django Unchained.

Why would someone want Harley and Joker on a stealth mission? What skills do they provide? Deadshot is the best sniper in the world, Captain Boomerang has his marksman skills as well and Enchantress (Marvel villain?) is adept at magic.

What do Joker and Harley provide? Not to mention they're both crazy so they're unstable as fuck.

Yeah I guess Rick Flag could die too. Arrow
kept true to the squad spirit thankfully.

Why would someone want Harley and Joker on a stealth mission? What skills do they provide? Deadshot is the best sniper in the world, Captain Boomerang has his marksman skills as well and Enchantress (Marvel villain?) is adept at magic.

What do Joker and Harley provide? Not to mention they're both crazy so they're unstable as fuck.

She was picked in Assault on Arkham because of her ties to Joker and knowledge of Arkham's layout. In general I'm not sure, she can be deceptively clever sometimes. That one Batman TAS episode she captured Batman and almost killed him until Joker stopped her because he was jealous.

akira28

a massive Diversion? I mean, with the Joker in town, you might barely know the Squad was there.

the Joker is a genius when it comes to chaos and disaster. And his 'psychopathic directness' is almost his superpower.

Anth1888

I wonder if we'll get the New52 Joker
with his face cut off
. Would make it a completely new look aesthetically than TDK and previous films. Hope they go for it.

They actually went and got Smith and Hardy. With the rest, that´s a mighty impressive cast for that movie.

Now get someone to play fat Waller and i´m happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom