• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya

Wow, this cast sounds amazing. Out of all the comic book movies being announced, this is now the one I am most interested in. Jared Leto? Great choice.

Dead

well not really...yet
haha forreal. i remember watching pacific rim and thinking this could have easily been a hedlund role

the hedlund guy has been in some pretty good movies lately though so i'm warming up to him.
He seemed ok in that pan trailer lol

The guy I was thinking of is that pacific Hunan garret dude

Kinyou

Wait, is it really?
Confidence demolished.
It would be pretty hilarious if that's the case

"So, who do you have?"

"Superstar Will Smith, Oscar winner Jared Leto and one of the hottest newcomers right now, Margot Robbie"

"Wow! Who writes the script?"

"Some guy we met a a gas station"

Sojgat

Is Robbie Margot another name of Tara Strong? Because if not, pass

Btw, the writer is the one who made The Legend of Chun-Li sooooooooo

M4Okpx9.gif

How does this movie have a better cast than anything outside of Nolan's Batfilms?

I can't believe we're getting Harley and Joker. I can't believe we're getting Will Smith. I can't believe any of this.

EulaCapra

What happened to the Vixen character? Too afraid to have multiple strong black women in a movie? Har har!

And I strongly object to Cara's casting. She's a coke-addicted hot mess.

Cheebo

Banned
it'll probably be pg13, but Joker needs to punch Harley in the face at least once and her go running into his arms

They had Joker beat Harley and have her in denial about it on Batman TAS and that was a kids show. Don't see why it wouldn't be able to be in a movie.

I don't think he'll phone it in. He kinda needs a bounceback film, and this could be it.

Leto and Hardy being in it should push him.

forreal, being opposite another joker and hardy will either show how bad an actor you are or make you compensate and bring your a-game.

Omega

Banned
Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team (similar to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe), to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s shortlist of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey,

lol WB

Vinci

Danish
So did Heath, so did Jack. Seems to me the Joker is the easiest gig in Hollywood. The ultimate freedom to go and riff as an actor.

Yes and no. Thankfully, Jack and Heath made bold decisions on how to portray the character that somehow worked. Thought I trust Leto, I have a hard time imagining how DC could be so lucky as to have three unique live-action takes on The Joker that all work extremely well.

But we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom